Author Topic: Tattoos, do you like them, hate them or :dontcare:  (Read 10826 times)

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
Re: Tattoos, do you like them, hate them or :dontcare:
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 11:48:45 PM »
Is your grateful dead tattoo a skull, or is it just text that says "The Grateful Dead"?

Dancing bear as you will see tomorrow.   :facepalm:  Actually was a great in with girls back in 94 before everyone had tattoos.

@lopakman

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 12:09:05 AM »
Imagine having to explain to your daughters that daddy was a pot/acid/shroom/etc head before he had you.

Meh, I turned out fine. My potential future kid(s) will too.
:adios:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 12:12:05 AM »
I have a lot of tattoos. The guy I go to is great at cover-ups and I could get you his info if that's the route you decide to take.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 07:38:43 AM »
Am I the only one who has ever heard of water socks?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 07:43:44 AM »
here's a thought lopakman- if you did something in your youth that you are embarassed by as an adult/father, then instead of running from it or covering it up, why not own it and use it as a teachable moment for your daughters. but hey, maybe that just makes too much sense. maybe you should fork over their college tuition to turn a silly ankle tatoo into something "cooler".

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 07:47:53 AM »
don't listen to daris, get yourself some harbor porpoises.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2013, 07:50:35 AM »
I'd love to have a whole sleeve but only for like 5 years or so.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2013, 07:56:26 AM »
I'd love to have a whole sleeve but only for like 5 years or so.

and theirin lies the problem with these "tatoos". that "cool" arm tatoo of creed lead singer scott stapp in 1997, isn't so cool when you are at arrowhead jamming out to your new favorite "rock band" nickleback in 2011. "no man. that's cobain. the tatoo guy came highly recommended but just wasn't all that good. i'm thinking about dropping a few grand to have my new guy cover it up to look like bane from dark knight though. hey you think they'll play photograph?"

i mean seriously you guys.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 08:01:55 AM »
I have a lot of tattoos. The guy I go to is great at cover-ups and I could get you his info if that's the route you decide to take.

Is he in Kansas City?
@lopakman

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 08:13:36 AM »
here's a thought lopakman- if you did something in your youth that you are embarassed by as an adult/father, then instead of running from it or covering it up, why not own it and use it as a teachable moment for your daughters. but hey, maybe that just makes too much sense. maybe you should fork over their college tuition to turn a silly ankle tatoo into something "cooler".

:dubious:  Hmm, wouldn't spending $2000 to get two tattoos removed be an example of both owning it and a teachable moment?  "Hey kids, Daddy did something stupid in college and had to spend $2000 to fix it.  Think about the consequences of your actions children, because they can come back to bite you."  And don't worry about my kids college tuition, the money won't come from their 529 IRA's.
@lopakman

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 08:15:58 AM »

:dubious:  Hmm, wouldn't spending $2000 to get two tattoos removed be an example of both owning it and a teachable moment?  "Hey kids, Daddy did something stupid in college and had to spend $2000 to fix it.  Think about the consequences of your actions children, because they can come back to bite you."  And don't worry about my kids college tuition, the money won't come from their 529 IRA's.
:dubious:

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2013, 08:20:47 AM »

:dubious:

Sorry 529 Plan.
@lopakman

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 08:21:41 AM »

hey man, if you want to teach your daughters that a little bit of money is all that is needed to cover up mistakes then by all means, go for it. i don't think there is a single "right way" to parent, so i'm sure your way could work too. choices have no permanent repurcussions/money fixes everything/etc.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2013, 08:28:12 AM »
Don't have any and don't care if anyone else does.  I'm a live and let live sorta gal.

That said my cousin who is now 40 has the coolest tat in the world; Wiley E. Coyote on skis, his best friend designed and drew it for him.  Its pretty cool and in a good place so it's not seen by many.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2013, 08:29:25 AM »
Don't have any and don't care if anyone else does.  I'm a live and let live sorta gal.

That said my cousin who is now 40 has the coolest tat in the world; Wiley E. Coyote on skis, his best friend designed and drew it for him.  Its pretty cool and in a good place so it's not seen by many.
You say that like 40 is old or something. :curse:

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2013, 08:32:15 AM »

hey man, if you want to teach your daughters that a little bit of money is all that is needed to cover up mistakes then by all means, go for it. i don't think there is a single "right way" to parent, so i'm sure your way could work too. choices have no permanent repurcussions/money fixes everything/etc.

You do realize that both of my daughters have seen my tattoos right?  I think you're reading way to much into the fact that I simply don't like these particular tattoos.  It's okay, I'll put you down for #teamkeepthetattoos 
@lopakman

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2013, 08:38:45 AM »

You say that like 40 is old or something. :curse:

no brah, he's had it for 20 years or so, and I'm just a bit younger...pointing out that the tat didn't get less cool as he aged.

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2013, 08:40:51 AM »
i have two and plan on getting several more. some people shouldn't be allowed to, though. there are some really stupid tattoos out there.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2013, 08:59:02 AM »
they are trashy.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2013, 09:48:48 AM »
I like them, lopakman. Will probably get some in the future.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2013, 09:51:45 AM »
 :impatient:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2013, 09:57:38 AM »
lopakdaughter "daddy it's not fair. the teacher won't change my grade from a B to an A."
lopak "you're right that isn't fair. i'll go down there with you and talk to her. you deserved an A."
lopakdaughter "you're the best dad! let's go make her change it."

:Yuck:

darisson "dad i got a B instead of an A"
daris "oh. guess you should've done something differently if you wanted that A then, huh?"
darisson "yeah dad, you're right. i should've studied more. it's my fault and i take complete ownership. hey wanna go have a catch?"

:D

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »
lopakdaughter "daddy it's not fair. the teacher won't change my grade from a B to an A."
lopak "I'm sorry, did I give you any indication that I have a vagina?"
lopakdaughter " :frown:"

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2013, 10:17:50 AM »
lopak "I'm sorry. did I give you any indication that I have a vagina? Here, have a tank top."
lopakdaughter " :frown:"
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2013, 10:20:56 AM »
eff, this reminds me of something I forgot to do in Vegas.