Author Topic: Gems from Notre Dame message board  (Read 18770 times)

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Gems from Notre Dame message board
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 03:05:15 PM »
I don't know where they get 30+, if you don't include D1 transfers, I only count 26 JUCOs that I could identify by the institution name.    And many of those are scrubs.

This.  Too lazy, but how many of our JUCO guys actually see good playing time.  Shoot me a % guys!!
3021  RIP

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 03:08:02 PM »
goEMAW troling point #1: Notre Dame employs the use of juco transfers way too prevalently.

along the same lines....

troling point #2: notre dame is a private school so they get to decide who gets in and who doesn't so it's much easier for athletes to get into notre dame than it is for them to get into kansas state because we are public and have to follow certain laws. we can't just let kids in because they are good at football.

solid gold

notre dame benefits from being located in downtown Chicago (the highest percentage of catholic people outside Venice, where the Vatican is), which is a huge pipeline, and over 65% of their players are catholic chicago natives

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 03:13:14 PM »
goEMAW troling point #1: Notre Dame employs the use of juco transfers way too prevalently.

along the same lines....

troling point #2: notre dame is a private school so they get to decide who gets in and who doesn't so it's much easier for athletes to get into notre dame than it is for them to get into kansas state because we are public and have to follow certain laws. we can't just let kids in because they are good at football.

solid gold

notre dame benefits from being located in downtown Chicago (the highest percentage of catholic people outside Venice, where the Vatican is), which is a huge pipeline, and over 65% of their players are catholic chicago natives

99% sure the vatican is not in venice

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 03:14:21 PM »
I don't know where they get 30+, if you don't include D1 transfers, I only count 26 JUCOs that I could identify by the institution name.    And many of those are scrubs.

This.  Too lazy, but how many of our JUCO guys actually see good playing time.  Shoot me a % guys!!

I counted 12 on the 2 deep depth chart with 10 of the 12 on the defense

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 03:14:44 PM »

for the 2 deep, we have 10 regulars out of 28 total JUCOs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqeirltdszwlrro/roster.pdf

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 03:15:14 PM »
maybe i'm in the minority, but why are we waiting on this?  strike while the iron is hot, I say.  doesn't matter if we play them or not, they are angry at us.

for the record, i won't make any posts about knute rockne

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »
 :runaway:

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 03:20:16 PM »
maybe i'm in the minority, but why are we waiting on this?  strike while the iron is hot, I say.  doesn't matter if we play them or not, they are angry at us.

let's roll

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 03:21:23 PM »

didn't he die in kansas?   :runaway:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 03:21:49 PM »

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 03:23:04 PM »

let's roll

we need someone good at this to start it.  winters/clams/etc.  we're the solid b-team, pike.  know your role.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 03:23:09 PM »
25% of the US is Catholic, giving Notre Dame immediate inroads and a significant recruiting advantage over non-Catholic schools.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 03:23:28 PM »
Snyder has never been in touble, but someting is not right here. It reminds me of the Lance Armstrong situation. There has to be something going on. KSU is one of the all time doormat teams. Snyder arrives and gets them very competitive-Top 10! He retires and the program tanks under the hot shot protege. Instant return to dominance when Snyder comes out of retirement! This is more than coincidental!
Who is this hot shot protege he speaks of and why do I not know of him?  :dunno:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »
Snyder has never been in touble, but someting is not right here. It reminds me of the Lance Armstrong situation. There has to be something going on. KSU is one of the all time doormat teams. Snyder arrives and gets them very competitive-Top 10! He retires and the program tanks under the hot shot protege. Instant return to dominance when Snyder comes out of retirement! This is more than coincidental!
Who is this hot shot protege he speaks of and why do I not know of him?  :dunno:

sean.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 03:29:17 PM »

let's roll

we need someone good at this to start it.  winters/clams/etc.  we're the solid b-team, pike.  know your role.

Oh I know. I was about to post the same thing. This is up to clams to get the ball rolling

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 03:32:38 PM »

let's roll

:dubious: well.......we're waiting   

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 03:33:42 PM »

sean.

They know the future!?  :runaway:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »
the NEEK

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »
fyi, that's a troll.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2012, 03:35:55 PM »

along the same lines....

Past view days I Have talked to one Outland 5th place finisher and a former Walter Camp receiving votes player and both agreed.  ND can shield its athletes from public scrutiny as a private university.  Several of their players cannot tell you which color of the stoplight means you can drive forward.  At least half couldn't meet the Kansas BOR requirements for admission.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2012, 03:36:12 PM »
I've had a sn over their a while, I'll be reverse trolling those that go to troll. FYI

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2012, 03:37:31 PM »

I counted 27 JUCO's on the roster, of these 7 were starters against TCU. Of the remaining JUCO's I would guess at most 4 or 5 are actually on scholarship. Angelo Pease is the only one of the remaining JUCO's that I could think of that get's any significant playing time.
So 123 total players listed on the roster I counted 27 JUCO's and 7 starters and 8 who play often.
JUCO's make up 22% of our total roster, about 29% of our starters, and probably take up less than 1 in 5 of our total scholarships.

Be gentle if I'm off in my numbers, because I didn't take very long to sift through this, probably missed someone.

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2012, 03:47:13 PM »
I don't like the way your team has been assembled.  I also don't like the way your team handles education.

As I said earlier, other teams may follow this model/blueprint.

It's my opinion that if this becomes more prevalent the NCAA may at some point cap the number of JUCOS a team may have.

He doesn't like the way the team is assembled  :ohno:

Can you imagine how much of nose-dive Texas, Alabama, and Florida will be in once they start mirroring KSU's recruiting strategy only to then have the NCAA outlaw it? 

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »

along the same lines....

solid gold

99% sure the vatican is not in venice

good sample response from a trolled ND fan, chi cat