Author Topic: GolfCats  (Read 74362 times)

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: GolfCats
« Reply #725 on: September 02, 2016, 01:01:29 PM »
Anyone up for a round or two this weekend, either Saturday afternoon/evening or Monday whenever?  I have a family event Sunday in Wichita for a couple of hours, so won't be available that day until after 4:30 or so.  But I would really enjoy some time out on the links with other gE-ers.
SdK, you had better be out there at least once this weekend. We have to get ready for the tournament next Sunday at Colbert Hills.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 02, 2016, 02:03:03 PM »
I'll be there one if not both days. Tomorrow before the night games perhaps.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 02, 2016, 02:09:34 PM »

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 02, 2016, 03:08:48 PM »
Are you guys excited about this Golf reality show?
http://www.golfchannel.com/media/driver-vs-driver-premieres-tuesday-october-4/

This looks like the longest rough ridin' commercial I've ever seen.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 05, 2016, 12:59:28 PM »
Anyone else playing in the tourney at Colbert on Sunday?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 05, 2016, 12:59:55 PM »
Our team is crashing my mom's place the night before and I'm so excited.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 05, 2016, 06:51:31 PM »
Played Saturday and today.  Playing really well right now, 72 on Sat at overland park (pud course)  and a 79 today at iron horse, which is usually an 85+ course for me. Have spent most of the summer working on 25 yards and in. Improved putting alone has saved me about 5-8 strokes per round.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 05, 2016, 07:34:49 PM »
Played Saturday and today.  Playing really well right now, 72 on Sat at overland park (pud course)  and a 79 today at iron horse, which is usually an 85+ course for me. Have spent most of the summer working on 25 yards and in. Improved putting alone has saved me about 5-8 strokes per round.
Sounds great, KFCD.  I don't work on my game, and when I play I remind myself that I should. 

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 05, 2016, 07:44:18 PM »
Sounds great, KFCD.  I don't work on my game, and when I play I remind myself that I should.
Even 20-30 minutes a week putting a few balls makes a huge difference.

Having two cousins that play on the web.com tour and being the only male to not play in college for the last two generations gives me a lot of motivation. My grandpa played for Yale, two uncles played for Wisconsin, one for Arizona, one for Kentucky, and my dad played for Purdue.  One cousin played for Illinois, one for western Illinois, and one for Maryland.

I'm by far the worst golfer in my family, and I'm a 6 handicap.  Our annual family tournament is at the end of September and I'm determined to not come in last this year.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 05, 2016, 08:26:48 PM »

Having two cousins that play on the web.com tour and being the only male to not play in college for the last two generations gives me a lot of motivation. My grandpa played for Yale, two uncles played for Wisconsin, one for Arizona, one for Kentucky, and my dad played for Purdue.  One cousin played for Illinois, one for western Illinois, and one for Maryland.

I'm by far the worst golfer in my family, and I'm a 6 handicap.  Our annual family tournament is at the end of September and I'm determined to not come in last this year.
My family golf history is nothing similar to yours. We are more baseball-oriented from childhood. My brothers and I started playing golf when our father was diagnosed with cancer.  We were all young then.  He wanted us to start doing activities that raised money for cancer and other medical issue research efforts.  So several of us started golfing in charity tournaments.  None is very good, but a few of us grew to like the game.  So I play now because it feels great to be outside doing an activity I love with friends and family.  I will give the true practice a chance this fall.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: September 05, 2016, 08:35:23 PM »
Kicked lake Quivira sass today. My driver is kinda weird right now, but my irons are hot. Played par gold until hole 6 and then things got a little interesting.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 06, 2016, 08:56:28 AM »

My family golf history is nothing similar to yours. We are more baseball-oriented from childhood. My brothers and I started playing golf when our father was diagnosed with cancer.  We were all young then.  He wanted us to start doing activities that raised money for cancer and other medical issue research efforts.  So several of us started golfing in charity tournaments.  None is very good, but a few of us grew to like the game.  So I play now because it feels great to be outside doing an activity I love with friends and family.  I will give the true practice a chance this fall.
As long as you're enjoying the game!

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 07, 2016, 04:32:22 PM »
Thanks, KCFDcat.  I hope you hit your goal and beat a few in the family at the event.
I am really looking forward to Sunday at Colbert Hill in Manhattan with SdK, his brother-in-law and a college roommate of his.  Should be a great time.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 07, 2016, 04:35:41 PM »
You guys wanna see how my drives look?

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 07, 2016, 06:38:49 PM »

Very similar to mine as anyone who has golfed with me can attest.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 08, 2016, 08:30:30 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 10, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »
Had the grips replaced on my clubs.  Getting a new glove this afternoon.  And then Colbert Hills in the morning for a tourney with buds.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 10, 2016, 02:27:44 PM »
Let me know how the new grips effect your game. I'm intrigued. My game changed this year when I finally got a glove and some shoes.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 10, 2016, 05:38:11 PM »
Let me know how the new grips effect your game. I'm intrigued. My game changed this year when I finally got a glove and some shoes.
Will do.  My old grips ruined three gloves already, so this has to be better.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 10, 2016, 06:29:33 PM »
Isn't it sort of the nature of golf gloves that they wear out and are disposable?

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 10, 2016, 06:58:21 PM »
Isn't it sort of the nature of golf gloves that they wear out and are disposable?
They didn't wear out so much.  The grips got very sticky with something black and greasy that stained the gloves and whatever clothes I was wearing.  That also seemed to rub off on the other clubs.  The gloves themselves were very sticky all over.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 04, 2016, 11:07:32 PM »
Are you guys excited about this Golf reality show?
http://www.golfchannel.com/media/driver-vs-driver-premieres-tuesday-october-4/

This looks like the longest rough ridin' commercial I've ever seen.

Just watched the first episode and it was pretty good.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 05, 2016, 02:00:30 AM »

if you start off aiming right, it'll force your swing to correct itself.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 15, 2016, 11:04:37 PM »
SdK got the best of me today. It was cloudy and breezy, but not a bad day to play.  I am hoping to get back out there tomorrow.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 24, 2016, 05:23:45 PM »
Surely someone out here in gE land is willing to get out on the links some this fall. I am looking for some golf buds before the weather keeps me away.