Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 371206 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think Cersei and Jaime have a sort of power struggle rapey vibe kind of relationship anyway; so I'm not so sure this was out of the ordinary for them -- well maybe the doing it right next to their dead son part was unusual.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
I think our love for Tyrion blinds us to how weird the rest of the Lannisters are

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I think our love for Tyrion blinds us to how weird the rest of the Lannisters are

Nope, their weirdness is pretty apparent. I mean, if it was clearly consensual sex between sister and brother immediately next to their shared son's dead body rather than questionable rape, then maybe....

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Nope, their weirdness is pretty apparent. I mean, if it was clearly consensual sex between sister and brother immediately next to their shared son's dead body rather than questionable rape, then maybe....
They asked GRRM about it, he didn't seem to have a problem with it... in the books that meeting in the sept is ther first time they've seen each other since Jaime returns to KL, in their shared grief they bang one out next to Joff's remains.  Since in the show hes been back a while, it wouldn't really make sense, so they had to change up the scene..... and I guess it got a little rapey.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

They asked GRRM about it, he didn't seem to have a problem with it... in the books that meeting in the sept is ther first time they've seen each other since Jaime returns to KL, in their shared grief they bang one out next to Joff's remains.  Since in the show hes been back a while, it wouldn't really make sense, so they had to change up the scene..... and I guess it got a little rapey.

Yeah, I know.  Was joking about lanisters being extremely easy to spot as weird.  :dubious:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
 :popcorn:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh man, so pumped. Have a feeling this is going to be a good one.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kinda boring episode until holy crap bombshell reveal for the book readers   :surprised: (ok I kinda had that assumed but that still, pretty  :surprised:)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
 :horrorsurprise:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
I find the scifi stuff kind of out of place, but that was pretty wtf awesome

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
holy crap titty balls

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
I think GRRM has almost no realistic intention of finishing these books.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
The Cercei/Jamie scene was weird as eff. I really hope they didn't intend it to be that rape-y but it definitely came out that way. It was somewhat accurate to the books (in the sept, dead Joffrey right there) but in the books it happens right when Jamie gets back to KL and Cersei is all they killed our son, you're back, avenge him, kiss me, no not here, oh, ok. I think they where trying to give that impression but the mixed up timeline made it come off as rape.

It really pissed me off since Jamie's character is becoming likable at this point in both the books and the show. This scene in the books makes you realize Jamie loves her more than she does him and you start to feel a little bad for him too. This portrayal makes you feel a little bad for Cersei even though she's well on her way to psychopath town.

Pretty much what I got out of it. I didn't see it as all that rapey, just messed up and gross all around. It might be due to the fact that I've been desensitized to rape from the numerous brutal rapes that I've seen while watching this show. Jamie and Cersei doing their best Targaryen impression didn't really compete.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Haha, no. There is hope for Tommen (who with Jeff and their sis, I consider to be Lannisters). Tyrion is great. Jamie has some very redeeming qualities, but he's still weird AF. Cersei and Tywin are completely despicable bad people. Any positives in their makeup is almost negligible. They're great characters though. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
What about Stannis? Dude doesn't really live up to his horrid reputation imo. Not so far anyway. I mean he's pretty keen on following his succubus's advice, but other than that I haven't seen the monster that he was rumored to be.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Stannis isn't a monster, just very stoic and cold. Does what needs to be done, but isn't brutal.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't like killing babies. That part sucked. The rest of the episode was pretty great.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I don't like killing babies. That part sucked. The rest of the episode was pretty great.

I don't remember any baby being killed.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I'm just happy to be caught up, so I can read and post in this thread. I've debated buying the books, but decided to read The Accursed Kings series, which GRRM said was a major influence, instead.  I still may pull the trigger on the F&I/GOT books.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
who were those dudes that caught bran?  just a subset of wildings?  or were they former night's watch dudes that quit?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
who were those dudes that caught bran?  just a subset of wildings?  or were they former night's watch dudes that quit?

they were the night's watch guys that killed the night's watch leader guy and the old incest guy.  jon snow has been referring to them as "mutineers"

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
is that who jon was recruiting guys to go find near the end of last night?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
is that who jon was recruiting guys to go find near the end of last night?

Yes.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
yes.  he is concerned that they will tell the wildlings how to defeat the watch at the wall

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
thanks guys, great wrap up - next week looks like it's gonna be a real barn burner, the hot blond MLK wanna-be seems to set target at king's landing.