Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 321445 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1300 on: November 26, 2013, 01:02:27 PM »
Has anybody on here actually put their social security number and name into the obamacare website? I'm just curious.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 26, 2013, 01:37:48 PM »
Has anybody on here actually put their social security number and name into the obamacare website? I'm just curious.

I would if my work policy were to get cancelled or something.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 26, 2013, 01:39:03 PM »

Yeah, I like my policy so I'm going to keep it.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 26, 2013, 02:54:28 PM »

You are one trusting individual.

http://www.waff.com/story/23864518/only-on-10-midlands-man-has-personal-information-compromised-on-healthcaregov?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer0e078&utm_medium=twitter

About a month ago, attorney Tom Dougall logged on to healthcare.gov to browse for cheaper insurance for him and his wife.

On Friday, the last thing he expected to hear on his voicemail was a man from North Carolina who says he can access all of Tom's personal information.

Dougall says he thought it was a scam until he realized his privacy had been breached. 

"I believe somehow the ACA, the Healthcare website has sent me your information, is what it looks like," said Justin Hadley, a North Carolina resident who could access Tom's information on healthcare.gov. "I think there's a problem with the wrong information getting to the wrong people."

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 27, 2013, 02:35:19 PM »
Resorting to paying for positive obamacare stories.

With the roll out of Obamacare being as disastrous as possible for the Obama administration, one group was given a $1 million grant to help lead a rebranding effort with hopes of salvaging the law in the eyes of the American people.

Families USA (FUSA) — an organization that describes itself as a “national nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all Americans” — was given a $1.1 million grant by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation on October 4, 2013, to gather “success stories” of Americans dealing with Obamacare and distribute them to the media who often refer to them as an “independent” group. This is part of a greater upcoming effort to bolster the perception of the lowly health care law.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: November 27, 2013, 03:37:23 PM »
i love reading the website name of any link a pub posts.  they always have great names.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 27, 2013, 05:33:22 PM »
Heard a dumbass student today say she needs to get enrolled now before Obama is out of office. Why? Cause without him there will no longer be financial aid. :flush:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: December 02, 2013, 09:25:16 PM »
No security ever built into Obamacare site

"When you develop a website, you develop it with security in mind. And it doesn't appear to have happened this time," said David Kennedy, a so-called "white hat" hacker who tests online security by breaching websites. He testified on Capitol Hill about the flaws of HealthCare.gov last week.

"It's really hard to go back and fix the security around it because security wasn't built into it," said Kennedy, chief executive of TrustedSec. "We're talking multiple months to over a year to at least address some of the critical-to-high exposures on the website itself."

According to the Department of Health and Human Services, which oversaw the implementation of the website, the components used to build the site are compliant with standards set by Federal security authorities.

"The privacy and security of consumers' personal information are a top priority for us. Security testing happens on an ongoing basis using industry best practices to appropriately safeguard consumers' personal information," said the spokesperson.

Another online security expert—who spoke at last week's House hearing and then on CNBC—said the federal Obamacare website needs to be shut down and rebuilt from scratch. Morgan Wright, CEO of Crowd Sourced Investigations said: "There's not a plan to fix this that meets the sniff test of being reasonable."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: December 03, 2013, 01:41:06 PM »
And as expected, insurers can't afford to let people keep their existing plans due to Obamacare's guaranteed issue, so the NYT is reporting today that the WH has come up with a solution: just fork over more tax dollars to the insurance companies! It's unclear where this money will come from without Congress, but I'm sure Obama will find a way. Maybe there's a slush fund or two tucked inside the ACA already...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/03/us/politics/insurers-are-offered-assistance-for-losses.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&

Obamacare just continues to hemorrhage tax dollars, just as predicted.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: December 03, 2013, 01:46:40 PM »
We need a gE drinking game.  Every time K-S-U-Wildcats says "tax dollars", finish your drink!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: December 03, 2013, 02:08:46 PM »
We need a gE drinking game.  Every time K-S-U-Wildcats says "tax dollars", finish your drink!

Yeah, I guess it's funny how the government wastes tax dollars if you're not paying a crap ton of taxes. Tax dollars.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: December 03, 2013, 02:42:02 PM »
Define "crap ton".

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: December 03, 2013, 02:48:50 PM »
Define "crap ton".

My effective rate last year (all taxes divided by gross income) was 37%, and that's just the taxes I could quantify. Seems like a lot to me.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: December 03, 2013, 02:52:52 PM »
Define "crap ton".

My effective rate last year (all taxes divided by gross income) was 37%, and that's just the taxes I could quantify. Seems like a lot to me.

I would hire a new accountant if I were you.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: December 03, 2013, 03:00:43 PM »
Define "crap ton".

When you start paying taxes, you'll understand that you can't just "accountant" taxes away, especially if you own a business. Who do you think pays for all of this free government money?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: December 03, 2013, 03:03:51 PM »
Define "crap ton".

When you start paying taxes, you'll understand that you can't just "accountant" taxes away, especially if you own a business. Who do you think pays for all of this free government money?

37% income tax is pretty far above average.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: December 03, 2013, 03:06:29 PM »
Define "crap ton".

Yeah. I was just giving some friendly advice because there is no way in hell anybody should be paying that tax rate on their federal income taxes.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: December 03, 2013, 03:16:27 PM »
Define "crap ton".

His 37% includes property tax, state & federal income tax, and "estimated" sales tax.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=22838.msg937289#msg937289
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:33:08 PM by michigancat »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: December 03, 2013, 03:18:36 PM »
he's counting state and property taxes
Define "crap ton".

His 37% includes property tax, state & federal income tax, and "estimated" sales tax.

Oh, well that's just life then, K-S-U. Everybody pays a shitload of taxes if you include all of that.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: December 03, 2013, 03:20:44 PM »
he's counting state and property taxes
Define "crap ton".

Can you imagine if steve dave calculated what he spends on alcohol taxes? Talk about a crap ton.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: December 03, 2013, 03:22:34 PM »
and those hidden taxes that raise prices! holy crap, it's like we don't even get paid at all!

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 03, 2013, 03:23:40 PM »
and those hidden taxes that raise prices! holy crap, it's like we don't even get paid at all!

13th Amendment bro

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 03, 2013, 03:26:17 PM »

When you add it all up, I probably pay 90%. The rest goes to investments that I have to pay taxes on later. What's going to happen when these new Obama taxes kick in? What then? Taxes, that's what.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 03, 2013, 03:31:04 PM »
When you really think about it, the illegals are destroying this country with their tax breaks. We just can't be truly great unless we can get rid of the freeloaders. First it was the good for nothing slaves that didn't pay a cent to earn their keep. Now, it's those border crossing, crotch grabbing illegals who just come over and freeload on my dime. And now they expect to be able to get medicine and other treatments they can't afford? This is the USA, not the USSA. When will this country figure it out?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 03, 2013, 03:39:42 PM »
Wow, there's a bigger dose of libtardedness around here than usual today.