Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 324096 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #2275 on: November 19, 2015, 12:18:49 PM »
Single payer is a pejorative in america.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: November 19, 2015, 12:26:54 PM »
It's going to be "FREE"!!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: November 19, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »
 :Woot:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: November 19, 2015, 01:41:33 PM »
Sin gle pay er clap clap clap clap clap

Obams new exactly what he was doing.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: November 19, 2015, 01:43:21 PM »
Thankfully, my wife and I still work for large employers that can purchase reasonably low cost HDHPs, and they even contribute to our HSAs, so we haven't really been burned yet.

But man, this is not a good time for small employers and people shopping individually. I mean, unless you're on Medicaid or eligible for some of my money to subsidize you insurance. But ironically, even the folks on subsidies are purchasing plans with high deductibles they can't really afford.

Man what a crap law.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: November 19, 2015, 01:49:32 PM »
Thankfully, my wife and I still work for large employers that can purchase reasonably low cost HDHPs, and they even contribute to our HSAs, so we haven't really been burned yet.

But man, this is not a good time for small employers and people shopping individually. I mean, unless you're on Medicaid or eligible for some of my money to subsidize you insurance. But ironically, even the folks on subsidies are purchasing plans with high deductibles they can't really afford.

Man what a crap law.

:lol:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2281 on: November 20, 2015, 03:12:45 PM »
Poor people already have single payer you dimwits (icymi, it's awful). What is incomprehensible is why you want so many people to become poor(er).  Penis envy? Probs

Can you imagine how humiliating it must be for B.O. to have his signature legislation be a derailed rolling stock dumpster conflagration.  What a loser. :ROFL:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: December 02, 2015, 08:39:20 AM »
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/261617-unitedhealth-ceo-regrets-entering-obamacare-marketplace

The CEO of UnitedHealthCare on Tuesday said he regretted the decision to enter the ObamaCare marketplace last year, which the company says has resulted in millions of dollars in losses.

“It was for us a bad decision,” UnitedHealth CEO Stephen Hemsley said at an investor’s meeting in New York, according to Bloomberg Business.

UnitedHealth, the country’s largest insurer, announced last month that it would no longer advertise its ObamaCare plans over the next year and may pull out completely in 2016 — a move that sent shockwaves across the healthcare sector.

Hemsley’s remarks double down on his earlier warning that the ObamaCare exchanges remain weaker than expected after two years and that it will take far longer for insurers to profit from the millions of new enrollees.

The company had already eyed ObamaCare’s federal marketplace cautiously since it launched in 2013. UnitedHealth only began selling plans on the exchanges last year.

Now, UnitedHealth officials have said that move will result in a half-billion dollars in losses over two years.

Hemsley said it was smart to sit out of the exchanges for the first year, but that the company should have held out another year.

“In retrospect, we should have stayed out longer,” he said, adding that he believes the marketplace will take more than “a season or two” to develop.

“We did not believe it would form this slowly, be this porous, or become this severe,” he said.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: December 02, 2015, 09:10:38 AM »
Poor insurance companies

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: December 02, 2015, 09:23:04 AM »
Poor insurance companies

Yeah, I don't feel sorry for them either. They got in bed with Obama on this crap law with the promise of millions of new customers and billions in bailouts if anything went wrong. Turns out the new customers consumed more healthcare, and they received less bailout money, than expected. Boo hoo.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: December 02, 2015, 09:30:47 AM »

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: December 02, 2015, 10:22:02 AM »
For non-poor people this system is definitely worse than how it was before. Healthcare in other countries isn't cheaper because they have a single payer, its cheaper because by law they mandate what can be charged for healthcare.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: December 02, 2015, 10:42:28 AM »
That UHC stuff is a bunch of diversionary tactic bullshit. If they're losing a HALF BILLION dollars on exchange plans, that's on them, not exchange plans. Those plans don't cost anywhere near that much to administer. Also, two years to profitability is insanely fast for the insurance industry. (Or any other industry, probably. ???) And there are companies that are on target to achieve that with exchange plans.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: December 02, 2015, 10:46:06 AM »
My 2016 Healthcare premiums . . . going up (again).

Parents premiums . . . going up (again).

Obama really took care of the chosen ones and the drug companies (pricing exemptions).    Croony capitalism at its best.

Sad

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: December 02, 2015, 10:51:58 AM »
I have UHC, they didn't cover my flu vaccine and I called about the shingles vaccine and they won't cover it until I turn 60. So much for preventive healthcare. I guess UHC has no real interest in keeping costs down. Insurance company choosing profit over proper procedure, who knew.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: December 02, 2015, 10:54:53 AM »
I have UHC, they didn't cover my flu vaccine and I called about the shingles vaccine and they won't cover it until I turn 60. So much for preventive healthcare. I guess UHC has no real interest in keeping costs down. Insurance company choosing profit over proper procedure, who knew.

I would absolutely agree that the Flu shots should be free, always.   Other preventative vaccines like Shingles should be nominal cost at most.   That keeps people out of doctors offices and away from consuming stretched medical resources.

Mrs. SODJ got Shingles in her early 40's and it was a miserable experience.   Multiple doctors visits and prescriptions. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: December 02, 2015, 10:57:24 AM »
my new job pays for all my health care and deductible, so I guess the lesson here is to work harder and maybe you can all get a better job, too.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: December 02, 2015, 11:13:05 AM »
my new job pays for all my health care and deductible, so I guess the lesson here is to work harder and maybe you can all get a better job, too.

I can't complain too much, because my job covers about 90% of the premiums and reimburses 50-100% depending on the care received on deductibles.

Where it really hurts is the small business owners and people who work for small businesses . . . but they're probably cheating on their taxes, right cRusty?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: December 02, 2015, 11:18:41 AM »

Yup. Big employers are the last refuge of a crumbling system. At least, you know, until people can actually buy the coverage they need from whomever they want....

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: December 02, 2015, 11:19:08 AM »
I don't work for a big company.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: December 02, 2015, 11:52:08 AM »
I just have to pay out of pocket for services until deductible.  Nothing monthly.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: December 02, 2015, 12:10:34 PM »

Same

Actually they give me money for the hsa equal to about 90 percent of the deductible

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: December 02, 2015, 12:11:29 PM »
Wife and I are separately insuring this year because it's way cheaper in premiums to do it that way, and we'll both get money from our employers for our HSAs. Even if we both run up big bills and max out the two deductibles, we come out ahead.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: December 02, 2015, 12:13:45 PM »
When I worked for a shitty company I had to pay premiums also. Ts&Ps dax

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire