Author Topic: goodness, will a "w" thurs get us caring about this season again?  (Read 8926 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what a terrible, boring football season for our favorite ksu football cats. i'm not even sure beating ku will turn things around.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: goodness, will a "w" thurs get us caring about this season again?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 04:47:30 PM »
what a terrible, boring football season for our favorite ksu football cats. i'm not even sure beating ku will turn things around.

A win get us a Bowl game
A Bowl game gets us more practices
more practices will just prove to our coaches that our players suck huge ass.

That will be great.
RIP Fatty

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 04:52:56 PM »
Not if it is an ugly W.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 04:56:26 PM »
Not if it is an ugly W.

If this win looks like a fat chick with boils, no hair, crabs, and both legs missing I will still rough rider with out protection.
RIP Fatty

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »
Not if it is an ugly W.

If this win looks like a fat chick with boils, no hair, crabs, and both legs missing I will still foooocker with out protection.

i don't think so. i don't like how this team plays football.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 04:59:52 PM »
never have stopped caring  :confused:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 05:08:01 PM »

I think the loss to Nebraska destroyed the illusion that this team could play for bigger things for most people.

If your expectation was a bowl game, and that's what you're happy with, there's still a lot to play for.  But that's kind of what we've been doing and flirting with for five years now.  It's kind of hard to enjoy the build up to a lower-tier bowl when you're used to upper-tier bowls year after year.

I think even the most optimistic people are just hoping this year is a building block to better things down the road.  Because the quality of football we're watching is just horrible.  It's really, really hard to watch.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 05:18:38 PM »

I think the loss to Nebraska destroyed the illusion that this team could play for bigger things for most people.

If your expectation was a bowl game, and that's what you're happy with, there's still a lot to play for.  But that's kind of what we've been doing and flirting with for five years now.  It's kind of hard to enjoy the build up to a lower-tier bowl when you're used to upper-tier bowls year after year.

I think even the most optimistic people are just hoping this year is a building block to better things down the road.  Because the quality of football we're watching is just horrible.  It's really, really hard to watch.

We haven't been to an upper-tier bowl in seven years.  I see no shame in a lower tier bowl.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 05:20:56 PM »
1. this team needs a bowl for the practice time to get the semi-scrubs to stop being scrubs for next year.

2. Other than #1, a lower tier bowl can only serve as an opportunity for some team, that shouldn't be able to beat our ass, to beat our ass on National TV.  This will happen.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:24:25 PM by CNS Casey »

Offline pencat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 05:27:35 PM »
Not if it is an ugly W.

There is no such thing   :facepalm:

T42YS

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 05:28:57 PM »
 :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 06:03:08 PM »
:goodbyecruelworld:
goddamn not again.  Hang tough for fucks sake.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 06:36:12 PM »
I will be happy with a win and if we somehow manage to crush them, I enjoy it even more.  The problem is that its a game that we SHOULD win, but I have no idea whether we will or not.  Do I think we will, I think so, but I think it will pretty much be another win that the Cats eek out.  It's hard to get real excited about that.  As long as this team makes a bowl I will be pleased because overall this team just isn't that good.  Anything beyond a record of 6-6 will be gravy and I will be happy because this program needs to take the little steps to get back to any national relevance. 

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 06:37:18 PM »
I will be happy with a win and if we somehow manage to crush them, I enjoy it even more.  The problem is that its a game that we SHOULD win, but I have no idea whether we will or not.  Do I think we will, I think so, but I think it will pretty much be another win that the Cats eek out.  It's hard to get real excited about that.  As long as this team makes a bowl I will be pleased because overall this team just isn't that good.  Anything beyond a record of 6-6 will be gravy and I will be happy because this program needs to take the little steps to get back to any national relevance. 

It took me 10 minutes to write that and I realize I have no idea what I said and it's basically incoherent ramblings.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 06:40:11 PM »

Wow.....just WOW, year after year huh? Delusional much??

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »
I hope we lose.

T42YS

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 07:00:42 PM »

why are you still here? are you that starved for a great BBS experience?

Offline 1992

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 07:02:38 PM »
Only if we win by 21+.  Otherwise meh.
Go to hell, Texas

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »

Fiesta Bowl twice
Cotton Bowl twice
Holiday Bowl three times

You don't think the Cotton and Holiday Bowls are upper-tier?  That is supposedly for the 2nd and 3rd place Big 12 teams.  Although Texas and Nebraska were awarded those two bowls in 1998 when we beat both of their asses and were ranked much higher.  I bet you still get wet dreams about that.

Offline A-Lishious

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 07:17:54 PM »
If you posted in this thread please review - shazbot! your own face.

Seriously. shazbot! it - you 4-1 frackers can seriously shazbot! this "fooooocker" shizat and realize that youre 4-1. shazbot! a grandma.

Fracking North Dakota State. shazbot! you. Fracking Directional poorest state in the South. At some point we agreed to play there. shazbot! you again. Fracking Baylor. The god damn kool-aid drinking, soul seccessioning nut jobs fracked us like 68 times. Of, shazbot! yourselves.

4-1. Dumb fracks.

Also, shazbot! the people who use Foooooock...  dumbest shizat ever. Fracking Ever.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 07:47:13 PM »
I don't know if I have seen anyone put themselves in such a solid win/win position as A-lish just did with that post

catzacker

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 08:10:23 PM »
i don't like how this team plays football.

this.  there's nothing exciting about this season at all.  a win on thursday does nothing.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 08:18:27 PM »
If you posted in this thread please review - shazbot! your own face.

Seriously. shazbot! it - you 4-1 frackers can seriously shazbot! this "fooooocker" shizat and realize that youre 4-1. shazbot! a grandma.

Fracking North Dakota State. shazbot! you. Fracking Directional poorest state in the South. At some point we agreed to play there. shazbot! you again. Fracking Baylor. The god damn kool-aid drinking, soul seccessioning nut jobs fracked us like 68 times. Of, shazbot! yourselves.

4-1. Dumb fracks.

Also, shazbot! the people who use Foooooock...  dumbest shizat ever. Fracking Ever.

:facepalm:

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 08:21:20 PM »

this.  there's nothing exciting about this season at all.  a win on thursday does nothing.

Since you hate it so much, why don't you just quit watching it and commenting about it?

catzacker

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 08:23:57 PM »

Since you hate it so much, why don't you just quit watching it and commenting about it?

there's really nothing else on.  The League sucks this year and It's Always Sunny is kind of overrated.