Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 323178 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #975 on: October 24, 2013, 04:39:31 PM »
we already know you're a rough ridin' moron K-S-U, but you're an even bigger rough ridin' moron if you don't think his whole plan was to get this woman fired and grandstand about it.

slimy cocksucker.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 24, 2013, 05:03:43 PM »
what a dick, getting a woman who makes $26k a year fired to further his agenda.  just a slimy cocksucker.

This is how it works in the lib world. kill the messenger.

you don't think he was absolutely giddy (and hopeful) that this would be the outcome?  don't be naive JD.

No, I don't think that was his intention at all. I think he was trying to get truthful answers and perhaps she was a little too truthful so her employer was told by HHS to fire her. He did give her a years salary and found her a job, something I don't think many people in his position would bother to do.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 24, 2013, 05:04:55 PM »
what a dick, getting a woman who makes $26k a year fired to further his agenda.  just a slimy cocksucker.

you don't think he was absolutely giddy (and hopeful) that this would be the outcome?  don't be naive JD.

No, I don't think that was his intention at all. I think he was trying to get truthful answers and perhaps she was a little too truthful so her employer was told by HHS to fire her. He did give her a years salary and found her a job, something I don't think many people in his position would bother to do.

:lol:

would love to see all of you naive kool-sean drinker's reactions if maddow did this.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 24, 2013, 05:09:58 PM »

would love to see all of you naive kool-sean drinker's reactions if maddow did this.

I don't watch or listen to hannity, but I do watch maddow and chris hayes occasionally, and I don't think they would go out of their way to help her out if the same thing happened.They would just excoriate the bush administration and move on.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 24, 2013, 05:18:57 PM »

I don't watch or listen to hannity, but I do watch maddow and chris hayes occasionally, and I don't think they would go out of their way to help her out if the same thing happened.They would just excoriate the bush administration and move on.

:jerk:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 24, 2013, 06:00:05 PM »
we already know you're a rough ridin' moron K-S-U, but you're an even bigger rough ridin' moron if you don't think his whole plan was to get this woman fired and grandstand about it.

slimy cocksucker.

While we're reading his mind, I bet he's a racist, too. And a homophobe. Cocksucker. You stay classy seven.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 24, 2013, 06:02:59 PM »

slimy cocksucker.

While we're reading his mind, I bet he's a racist, too. And a homophobe. Cocksucker. You stay classy seven.

i knew you were a fan of his.   :Carl:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 24, 2013, 08:18:30 PM »
Chum can disregard. http://washingtonexaminer.com/carefirst-says-76000-customers-will-lose-current-coverage-due-to-obamacare/article/2537782

CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is being forced to cancel plans that currently cover 76,000 individuals in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., due to changes made by President Obama's health care law, the company told the Washington Examiner today.

That represents more than 40 percent of the 177,000 individuals covered by CareFirst in those states.

Though Obama famously promised that those who liked their health care coverage could keep it under his program, in reality, the health care law imposes a raft of new regulations on insurance policies starting Jan. 1 that are forcing insurers across the country to terminate existing plans.

In theory, rules were supposed to allow pre-existing plans to be "grandfathered in," but they were written so narrowly that they leave out many plans.

"Of the 177,000 individuals under age 65 who are covered by CareFirst, about 76,000 of them are in a non-grandfathered plan — a plan that will not comply with the guidelines imposed by the Affordable Care Act at their time of renewal this year or next," CareFirst said in an email in response to an inquiry by the Examiner.

It continued, "These individuals in Maryland, Washington, D.C., and portions of Northern Virginia will be required by the health law to purchase a new ACA-compliant health plan. This phenomenon is not unique to CareFirst and its members, but rather a result of industrywide changes in accordance with new ACA health plan standards."

And in other news, http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/24/health-insurance-cancellation-notices-soar-above-obamacare-enrollment-rates/
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 24, 2013, 09:45:44 PM »
My brother went to the website today to price out some coverage, he entered all his information, he said it seemed like once the site determined he wasn't a poor it dropped him like a hot potata, so my question is why wouldn't anybody be able to buy off the site? Can anybody?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 25, 2013, 07:47:03 AM »
My brother went to the website today to price out some coverage, he entered all his information, he said it seemed like once the site determined he wasn't a poor it dropped him like a hot potata, so my question is why wouldn't anybody be able to buy off the site? Can anybody?
If he lives in Kansas, blame Brownback.  Many radically conservative states decided it would be better to screw over their citizens instead of letting them get health care. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 25, 2013, 08:20:30 AM »
If he lives in Kansas, blame Brownback.  Many radically conservative states decided it would be better to screw over their citizens instead of letting them get health care.

Yes, it's the GOP's fault!  :lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 25, 2013, 08:47:53 AM »
And you're using the words "plan change" to gloss over the fact that millions of plans are being cancelled - i.e. not renewed - due to ObamaCare mandates. The new plans will in many cases have higher deductibles, higher premiums, and/or different doctor networks, as many unfortunate recipients of these letters have discovered. Hence the importance of Obama's bullshit promise that "if you like your plan, you can keep it."

Thus, your sanguine response that these "plan changes" are "insignificant" is just as stupid as your previous claim that ObamaCare was not to blame. Trying to convince you otherwise is just an exercise in futility. It was fun for a while to point out how demonstrably wrong you are, but even that's getting boring.

Everyone knew all along that there would be higher deductibles and premiums.

Obama: "I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."

Pelosi: "And everybody will have lower rates...."

Redi: "For people that have health insurance today, they will have an immediate reduction on an average of their insurance premium by $1,600 per year."

Glad that you "knew" it though Chum. Does that make it "insignificant" to those getting hit by increases? Or, are you now changing arguments again? Let's see: First it wasn't true that Obamacare was causing cancellations, er "plan changes" (false), then these changes were "insignificant" (false), and now I'm not "adding anything meaningful."  :lol:

for one, subsidies, how do they work?
two, you keep thinking that increased costs aren't an issue here.

Yes, some of these people receiving cancellations, if they earn less than 400% of the poverty line, will receive subsidies to help them balance out the higher costs of the new plans. And while that should help them, is that really a good thing as a matter of public and fiscal policy? You're taking people who were already paying their own way, cancelling their plans, and giving them tax dollars to buy a new one.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #987 on: October 25, 2013, 05:51:54 PM »
Its hannity's fault this person got fired for doing there job.  Wow,  I didn't realize the left had become this demented.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 26, 2013, 12:14:02 AM »

Yes, it's the GOP's fault!  :lol:
100% confirmed you have no idea what Obamacare is or how it was deployed.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #990 on: October 26, 2013, 03:25:24 AM »
JFC, Edna  :facepalm:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 26, 2013, 03:31:59 AM »
Republicans are so dumb.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 26, 2013, 10:24:11 PM »
quote me where I'm wrong.  your ignorance is showing.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 26, 2013, 10:47:32 PM »

Ok, let's see if I've got this straight. ObamaCare was rammed through Congress without a single Republican vote - and even then it required a number of bribes, plus special legislative maneuvering after Scott Brown won Ted Kennedy's seat on the promise to be the 60th vote against ObamaCare - and it's the Republicans' fault for not helping to implement something they universally opposed?

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 26, 2013, 11:19:21 PM »

Ok, let's see if I've got this straight. ObamaCare was rammed through Congress without a single Republican vote - and even then it required a number of bribes, plus special legislative maneuvering after Scott Brown won Ted Kennedy's seat on the promise to be the 60th vote against ObamaCare - and it's the Republicans' fault for not helping to implement something they universally opposed?

It wasn't rammed through congress, it was debated on for close to a year and many republicans had a say, and the main say they got was their 90s idea being implemented while single payer and the public option were thrown to the side. 

Also it is a fact that republican governors thumbed their nose at the law and refused the money to build  their state exchanges thus turning the Obamacare website into a much more complex project than originally planned. 

Our own lousy person as a governor is one of them and he  has also basically refused money from the Feds to cover the poor in this state and therefore added to the problem of the uninsured. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 27, 2013, 08:11:33 AM »

It wasn't rammed through congress, it was debated on for close to a year and many republicans had a say, and the main say they got was their 90s idea being implemented while single payer and the public option were thrown to the side. 

Also it is a fact that republican governors thumbed their nose at the law and refused the money to build  their state exchanges thus turning the Obamacare website into a much more complex project than originally planned. 

Our own lousy person as a governor is one of them and he  has also basically refused money from the Feds to cover the poor in this state and therefore added to the problem of the uninsured.

ObamaCare never started out as single payer. Not one. Single. Republican. Voted for this law. At least two dem senators were bribed. The House and Senate never even voted on the same frigging bill, because the dems had to use budget reconciliation to ram it through after losing their filibuster proof majority due to the election of a republican senator in Massachusetts due to popular backlash against ObamaCare. These are facts.

And republicans are to blame for not helping to implement a law they never supported? This truly is the dumbest excuse yet. The Feds stepped in and created their own exchanges anyway - they just don't work.

Finally, these problems with the exchanges are just the beginning. This was the easy part! The real problems begin once people really begin signing up in greater numbers. That is when the fundamental disaster of ObamaCare will be revealed. Primarily older, sicker people will sign up. Not enough young people will be willing to pay the high premiums for coverage they don't need. Rates will soar higher due to the adverse selection. 

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 27, 2013, 09:18:48 AM »
Regardless of party, government administrators are usually required to implement laws they may not like. 

With all these Obamacare fears maybe we should just go with single payer making us responsible through our payroll taxes.   

If we can already pay for others now, we should be able to pay for ourselves.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 27, 2013, 10:00:51 AM »
Regardless of party, government administrators are usually required to implement laws they may not like. 

With all these Obamacare fears maybe we should just go with single payer making us responsible through our payroll taxes.   

If we can already pay for others now, we should be able to pay for ourselves.

Can you name another piece of legislation anywhere close to this magnitude that was signed into law with zero bipartisan support? If you're going to ram a law through without any Republican support, you probably shouldn't rely on Republicans to cooperate in its implementation, and you sure as hell shouldn't claim this as an excuse.

Regarding single payer, you're in luck! This will be Hillary's 2016 campaign. First we make our healthcare system worse with more government meddling, and the obvious solution is complete government control! Libtards will make this argument (they already are) with a completely straight face.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 02:27:22 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 27, 2013, 03:21:47 PM »
Republicans are so dumb.

obamacare is not a good system. Nobody could legitimately argue it is.