Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 321217 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #450 on: October 01, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »
This talking point about Obama cutting the deficit in half, if I'm understanding it right, is about as stupid as someone who filed for chapter 13 bragging about cutting their car payment in half.

:lol: Or put another way, "Sure I added $10 tril to the debt, but it coulda been 12.5!"
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

The Big Train

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 01, 2013, 01:18:57 PM »
I don't like certain aspects of Obamacare, but damn, give it a rest already.  If it's a complete disaster (which is a definite possibility), Republicans will benefit in the next election cycle.  Laws can be reformed, and even repealed, if necessary.   

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 01, 2013, 01:34:35 PM »
I don't like certain aspects of Obamacare, but damn, give it a rest already.  If it's a complete disaster (which is a definite possibility), Republicans will benefit in the next election cycle.  Laws can be reformed, and even repealed, if necessary.

But what if death spiral first?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #454 on: October 01, 2013, 01:37:15 PM »

eff the people!  There are political points to score!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 01, 2013, 01:48:02 PM »

Obamacare sounds like it is mumped but didn't Obama win the election and then the democrats won enough seats to pass it?  Isn't that kind of how its supposed to work? 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 01, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
Obamacare sounds like it is mumped

Because of the death spiral, right?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 01, 2013, 02:11:07 PM »

Obamacare sounds like it is mumped but didn't Obama win the election and then the democrats won enough seats to pass it?  Isn't that kind of how its supposed to work?

Couldn't those same elected people vote to defund it?  How is it different?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 01, 2013, 02:15:24 PM »

Sort of. Obama has to bribe the last 4 dems with millions for the votes late on Christmas Eve of 2009.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 01, 2013, 02:48:44 PM »

Sort of. Obama has to bribe the last 4 dems with millions for the votes late on Christmas Eve of 2009.

Not to mention using budget reconciliation to ram it through with just 51 votes after the Dems lost Teddy "I drowned a girl" Kennedy's old seat to Scott Brown, who ran on being "the 41st vote against Obamacare" and won. Yes, the bribes and maneuvering was Democracy at its finest. Can anyone name the last major entitlement passed without any bipartisan support?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 01, 2013, 03:24:17 PM »

Not to mention using budget reconciliation to ram it through with just 51 votes after the Dems lost Teddy "I drowned a girl" Kennedy's old seat to Scott Brown, who ran on being "the 41st vote against Obamacare" and won. Yes, the bribes and maneuvering was Democracy at its finest. Can anyone name the last major entitlement passed without any bipartisan support?

Not really a ringing endorsement for a bill nobody even read before voting.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 01, 2013, 03:52:54 PM »

Well, to quote then Speaker San Fran Nan (the one who currently can't think of a single cut to federal spending), "We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it."

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 01, 2013, 03:55:09 PM »
Too many people love Obamacare, and the website keeps going down from all the traffic.   :users:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 01, 2013, 04:12:57 PM »
Too many people love Obamacare, and the website keeps going down from all the traffic.   :users:

Government shutdown, bruh

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 01, 2013, 04:42:44 PM »

Well, to quote then Speaker San Fran Nan (the one who currently can't think of a single cut to federal spending), "We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it."

It's The City.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 01, 2013, 06:24:25 PM »

The Medicare prescription drug bill.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 01, 2013, 06:54:54 PM »

Another good example of a crap bill pushed through despite the lack of public support.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 01, 2013, 07:41:04 PM »
@hipsterrunoff: Do u evr think abt how much ur life sux bc the poors have healthcare?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 01, 2013, 08:32:24 PM »
Can anyone name the last major entitlement passed without any bipartisan support?

A number of Dems in the House and Senate voted for Medicare Part D. The same cannot be said for Obamacare. In fact, the only thing "bipartisan" about Obamacare was the House vote in opposition.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 01, 2013, 09:47:10 PM »
Can anyone name the last major entitlement passed without any bipartisan support?

A number of Dems in the House and Senate voted for Medicare Part D. The same cannot be said for Obamacare. In fact, the only thing "bipartisan" about Obamacare was the House vote in opposition.

Yeah a very small number.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/108-2003/h332

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 02, 2013, 01:51:43 PM »

The Big Train

« Reply #471 on: October 02, 2013, 04:31:07 PM »
Breakdown of every plan being offered by Metallic Level, by county and state.  Also gives premium examples for each selected sample group.

https://www.healthcare.gov/health-plan-information/

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 02, 2013, 04:33:47 PM »
I missed the slide where the president arbitrarily decides whether or not to enforce then law.  That's a critical element in today's "democracy"

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 02, 2013, 04:53:09 PM »
I missed the slide where the president arbitrarily decides whether or not to enforce then law.  That's a critical element in today's "democracy"

Yes, I assume the next president can just say I don't like this law and send the attorney general to file lawsuits against states that do try and keep it going.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 02, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.