Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 321221 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #2700 on: October 06, 2016, 07:37:05 PM »
I'm wondering how many of you would be equally upset had the line item charge read something like "additional nurse .5 hours" ??

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: October 06, 2016, 07:38:35 PM »
Did you do contingency planning for complications?  How much was it going to cost for a preemie? 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2702 on: October 06, 2016, 09:27:42 PM »
Obamacare is an abject failure. No reason to carry this thread on.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2703 on: October 06, 2016, 09:30:25 PM »
I think there are some people that were justifiably angry in 2010 before they even could have considered that Donald Trump would be running for office in 2016.

what was justified about their anger?  My health insurance is getting worse, but that is because Kansas State has had to make across the board cuts for the past 3 years because of Brownback's tax plan.

Man, put down the glass of Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) kool-aid.  :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: October 06, 2016, 10:49:52 PM »
Normal conversation (apparently):

"Would you like to hold your baby now, Mr.Lib?"

"That depends. How much is it going to set me back?"

You're missing the point.  For the birth of a child you should know what it's going to cost up front.

You and sys or whomever would have much better arguments with charges for services while someone was under general anesthesia.

It's been discussed already, but most doctors have no idea what the services cost that they bill for. Also, you're suggesting that the $40 baby holding charge would be included in such a quote, when I'm almost certain it wouldn't be. How do they know you'd want to hold your child after birth?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: October 06, 2016, 10:52:07 PM »
It's not lack of transparency.  All you have to do is like not be Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and ask for pricing.

It's no different than a Toyota dealership.  "Hi Mr. Sys, the during the inspection the tech noticed your cabin air filter is dirty, would you like us to replace that?"

Now, here's where some of you are Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and the rest of you aren't.

Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!):  "Sure."
Non-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!):  "How much is it?  ("It's $20.")  Oh okay, yes please do that."

in california, by state law, when you request any automotive repair or service you are presented with an itemized estimate of the cost of each service or repair which you must sign.  that is transparency.

and your fantasy about hospitals being happy to document and estimate prices prior to performing work is complete bullshit.  congratulations that you found a hospital that was eager and able to do that for one of the services they offer.  it is well documented that it is not easy to get most/many hospitals to do so for many/most services they offer.

I got 2 FWIW, and neither was difficult.

LOL, no you didn't.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: October 06, 2016, 10:53:54 PM »
what if a nurse had to be there for you to hold your elk gutpile?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: October 06, 2016, 10:54:19 PM »
what if a nurse had to be there for you to hold your elk gutpile?

skin 2 skin only

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: October 06, 2016, 11:02:34 PM »
it is also outrageous that they force people to call holding a baby skin to skin and make everyone feel like perverts.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: October 06, 2016, 11:25:34 PM »
it is also outrageous that they force people to call holding a baby skin to skin and make everyone feel like perverts.

Immediate skin to skin contact is supposed to help with breastfeeding.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: October 06, 2016, 11:26:32 PM »
Also someone should start a thread about childbirth class.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: October 06, 2016, 11:40:25 PM »
is there a non-skin2skin method of holding your baby afterwards?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: October 06, 2016, 11:50:41 PM »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
"Obamacare"
« Reply #2713 on: October 06, 2016, 11:52:47 PM »
"free" #ack?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: October 07, 2016, 08:12:21 AM »
It's not lack of transparency.  All you have to do is like not be Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and ask for pricing.

It's no different than a Toyota dealership.  "Hi Mr. Sys, the during the inspection the tech noticed your cabin air filter is dirty, would you like us to replace that?"

Now, here's where some of you are Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and the rest of you aren't.

Non-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!):  "How much is it?  ("It's $20.")  Oh okay, yes please do that."

in california, by state law, when you request any automotive repair or service you are presented with an itemized estimate of the cost of each service or repair which you must sign.  that is transparency.

and your fantasy about hospitals being happy to document and estimate prices prior to performing work is complete bullshit.  congratulations that you found a hospital that was eager and able to do that for one of the services they offer.  it is well documented that it is not easy to get most/many hospitals to do so for many/most services they offer.

LOL, no you didn't.

We absolutely did.  Shawnee Mission Hospital and Overland Park. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: October 07, 2016, 11:25:18 AM »

Mom in a gown, kid in blanket

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: October 07, 2016, 11:26:27 AM »

LOL, no you didn't.

Did you do contingency planning for complications?  How much was it going to cost for a preemie?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: October 07, 2016, 11:32:02 AM »

LOL, no you didn't.

We didn't contingency plan, no.  Young, healthy people.  Also I would imagine that if hospital A were higher for basic services than hospital B, they would also be higher for the services required by the contingencies you mentioned.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: October 08, 2016, 02:26:19 AM »

LOL, no you didn't.

We didn't contingency plan, no.  Young, healthy people.  Also I would imagine that if hospital A were higher for basic services than hospital B, they would also be higher for the services required by the contingencies you mentioned.

Young, healthy people? With each post you make your knowledge of the childbirth process seem less and less.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: October 08, 2016, 05:02:59 AM »
You think we should have contingency planned?  Why?  Curious especially considering you're stupid enough to walk into a hospital and not know eff all about what it's going to cost you. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: October 08, 2016, 05:03:37 AM »
I bet you think "who cares Obama got my back."  :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: October 08, 2016, 08:35:22 AM »
You think we should have contingency planned?  Why?  Curious especially considering you're stupid enough to walk into a hospital and not know eff all about what it's going to cost you.

If you don't know how risky childbirth is and you've supposedly had a kid there's nothing I can say to convince you. If you're not lying you're just incredibly dense about the process. Also if you actually read the thread I told you that our cost of having both of our children was predetermined because of the insurance we had at the time. Our first kid cost us $250, our second $375.

Why would Obama have my back :confused:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: October 08, 2016, 11:18:23 AM »
Only had one healthy birth so pardon my lack of experience.  I'd like to hear your process for contingency planning.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: October 08, 2016, 01:13:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure I'd end up paying the same out of pocket regardless, but I'd like to think I'd shop hospitals out of a civic duty to keep healthcare costs down.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: October 13, 2016, 07:19:48 AM »
Thanks Obama for a $600 defacto pay cut.  Your wonderful healthcare caused my premiums to go up $50 a month and the deductible $1000.  Whh the hell do I have to subsidize healthcare for winos and deadbeats.  Why do I have to pay for maternity coverage.  The closet I'll ever get to pregnancy is bad constipation.  Hillary Hellcare will be worse especially if we give care to millions pouring into America.  This is like a stealth tax.