Author Topic: 2012 Presidential Debate Master Thread  (Read 34480 times)

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Presidential Debate Master Thread
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2012, 04:23:43 PM »
Romney said more words.  I think it was something like 29 lies in 38 minutes of jabbering at Obama, calling him boy, etc. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2012, 06:29:15 AM »
he still has to defend his record as president, and that's a tough position to be in with an economy that has been slowing over the last 3 years. Bottom line, more people are out of work now than when he took office, average incomes are down, tax increases are looming, healthcare costs are up, still at war, borrowing 40 cents of every dollar, hasn't passed a budget, trillion dollar deficits, blames bush, etc, etc, etc.

i heard some focus group discussing who won, why and what they liked on one of the cable channels.  "i didn't like it when the president kept telling the governor about the five billion", "president obama didn't seem like he was listening, that's what's wrong with this country", "governor romney blinked a lot, he didn't seem comfortable".

sometimes, when I'm feeling down.  I think "at least I'm not as dumb as those morons."  Then I look around and realize that the irony is I have to interact with those morons for the rest of my life.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
2012 Presidential Debate Master Thread
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2012, 06:41:18 AM »
he still has to defend his record as president, and that's a tough position to be in with an economy that has been slowing over the last 3 years. Bottom line, more people are out of work now than when he took office, average incomes are down, tax increases are looming, healthcare costs are up, still at war, borrowing 40 cents of every dollar, hasn't passed a budget, trillion dollar deficits, blames bush, etc, etc, etc.

i heard some focus group discussing who won, why and what they liked on one of the cable channels.  "i didn't like it when the president kept telling the governor about the five billion", "president obama didn't seem like he was listening, that's what's wrong with this country", "governor romney blinked a lot, he didn't seem comfortable".

sometimes, when I'm feeling down.  I think "at least I'm not as dumb as those morons."  Then I look around and realize that the irony is I have to interact with those morons for the rest of my life.

My dad's go-to line for this is "Remember, their vote counts just as much as yours."
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2012, 06:46:54 AM »

My dad's go-to line for this is "Remember, their vote counts just as much as yours."

At first I was thinking in abstractions, then I started thinking about when I walked around canvassing for a moderate Republican in the primaries.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2012, 07:45:11 AM »
is pretty much all you need to know about the debate. 

Well, that and that KatKid's analytical "skills":

Mitt won here, but this debate wasn't decisive.

... still suck.

Gallup's latest survey shows just how overwhelmingly the American public thought Mitt Romney bested President Obama onstage in Denver last Wednesday: 72 percent of debate watchers gave the win to the GOP challenger with only 20 percent seeing the president as the winner.

That 52-point gap was the largest the polling outfit has ever seen, topping even Bill Clinton's 42-point margin over George H. W. Bush in 1992.

It was very clearly an ass kicking of biblical proportions.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2012, 08:13:18 AM »
Jokes on you, because we don't even BELIEVE in the bible!
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »
Jokes on you, because we don't even BELIEVE in the bible!

Koranical proportions?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2012, 09:47:13 AM »
I thought Lehrer totally sucked.  Didn't reign anyone in and Romney took huge advantage of it.

PS.  If PBS get cut to hell, Jim will be just fine.

I liked that he didn't reel them in. It gave them a chance to expand on the subject and finish their explanations. 

Yeah, I'm sure he's ready to retire KSU style, but I'm guessing he's pretty loyal to PBS.

Honestly, I wish they were all like this and that they lasted much longer.  The short time limits are too easy to fill with practiced bullshit.  If they were given plenty of time to respond back and forth on the topics we would all soon see what their real thoughts were, or who is an idiot and who isn't.  Debates are pretty worthless imo.  Not enough time to discuss detail of plans that are really big and require a lot of detail to actually work. 

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2012, 11:13:56 AM »
I thought Lehrer totally sucked.  Didn't reign anyone in and Romney took huge advantage of it.

I liked that he didn't reel them in. It gave them a chance to expand on the subject and finish their explanations. 

Yeah, I'm sure he's ready to retire KSU style, but I'm guessing he's pretty loyal to PBS.

Honestly, I wish they were all like this and that they lasted much longer.  The short time limits are too easy to fill with practiced bullshit.  If they were given plenty of time to respond back and forth on the topics we would all soon see what their real thoughts were, or who is an idiot and who isn't.  Debates are pretty worthless imo.  Not enough time to discuss detail of plans that are really big and require a lot of detail to actually work.

It almost sounds like we should allow a third party candidate to debate

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2012, 11:53:52 AM »

I think that happened during the primaries, and for some weird reason, Romney won.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2012, 12:20:56 PM »

I don't disagree that a third option would be great, but that isn't at all what this sounds like.  This sounds like a mockery of an exchange of ideas. 

"Mr Candidate, what is your plan for the economy"
"To fix it..."
"I'm sorry, your out of time.  Mr. President, your rebuttal?"

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2012, 02:50:51 PM »

I think that happened during the primaries, and for some weird reason, Romney won.

He won because the sheep were told that he won

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2012, 03:08:04 PM »

Ron Paul is not ever going to win a republican primary because he his not a republican. He's been much more successful at hijacking the republican party than I ever dreamed he could be, but until the libertarian party gets organized to a level that can overcome the forces that are shutting them out of the funding and exposure the other two parties enjoy, we are not going to see a libertarian president.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2012, 03:14:34 PM »

Ron Paul is not ever going to win a republican primary because he his not a republican. He's been much more successful at hijacking the republican party than I ever dreamed he could be, but until the libertarian party gets organized to a level that can overcome the forces that are shutting them out of the funding and exposure the other two parties enjoy, we are not going to see a libertarian president.

I agree

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »

I would love to see him try his hand on the Democrats in their primary.   :pray:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2012, 05:11:17 PM »

I would love to see him try his hand on the Democrats in their primary.   :pray:

I would like to see that, too. It would be interesting. I think he's too old to run again in 4 years, though.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2012, 08:33:54 PM »
Biden is kicking Ryan's ass.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
Joe is doing fine, but he's laughing at inappropriate times, and it's a bit distracting.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2012, 08:38:54 PM »
Joe is doing fine, but he's laughing at inappropriate times, and it's a bit distracting.

He's laughing appropriately.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2012, 08:39:19 PM »
Joe Biden is the absolute best option for president. I could not love him more.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »
Joe Biden is the absolute best option for president. I could not love him more.

We basically already have him as president! (he's the Animal!) 

"I was there with Reagan and Tip O'Neil, we got a round a table, had a few cigars, cut some nuts and got crap done.  Sit down kid."

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2012, 08:49:05 PM »
Ryan just got real on taxes.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2012, 08:50:16 PM »
Joe just laughs. No response.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »
Joe is floundering here. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2012, 09:16:14 PM »
Joe is floundering here.

Which debate are you watching, Joe killed Ryan on taxes and particularly on his inability to explain how they can possibly pay for what they say they are paying for.