Author Topic: Top 5 NBA players of All time  (Read 6726 times)

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Top 5 NBA players of All time
« on: June 24, 2013, 12:44:09 AM »
1.Kobe Bryant
2.Michael Jordan
3.Bill Russell
4.Magic Johnson
5. LeBron James

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
EMAW

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5 NBA players of All time
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 02:22:44 AM »
LOL, Chamberlain was significantly better than Russell. They best part is that they played the same position and played each other basically every year in the Finals, so it's easy to see. How embarrassing for you.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:43:09 AM »
I struggled with Wilt or Bill. But the greatest coach of all time, phil jackson, picked bill russell over MJ....I think Bill Russell is the ultimate winner. And thats what it comes down to. That is why its always Bill> Wilt.  That is why LeBron has to get 5 titles or less to be even CONSIDERED as the GOAT. Wilt had one? maybe 2?.
EMAW

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 07:10:38 AM »
Lebron
Durant
Melo
Parker
Duncan

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 08:18:43 AM »
Lebron
Mourning
Shaq
Jordan
Hardaway

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Top 5 NBA players of All time
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:24:15 AM »
Lebron
Mourning
Shaq
Jordan
Hardaway

Tim or Anfernee?
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 08:26:53 AM »
Shaq
LeBron
Pippen
Jordan
Kerr
:adios:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 08:26:59 AM »
Beasley
Walker
Cartier
Mitch Richmond
Michael Jordan

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 08:32:48 AM »
LOL, Chamberlain was significantly better than Russell. They best part is that they played the same position and played each other basically every year in the Finals, so it's easy to see. How embarrassing for you.

Then why does Russell have 11 rings and Wilt only 2?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Top 5 NBA players of All time
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 08:34:41 AM »

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 08:41:26 AM »

You can't include Richmond and Hardaway in this discussion and leave out Mullin. Run TMC was the original Big Three...

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 08:56:29 AM »

You can't include Richmond and Hardaway in this discussion and leave out Mullin. Run TMC was the original Big Three...

No, I'm talking about when Tim was with the Heat.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 09:03:17 AM »
Jordan
Barkley
Kobe
Rodman
Lebron
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 09:14:49 AM »
Jordan
Russell
Kobe
LeBron
Shaq

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 09:26:20 AM »
cute thread guys  :lol:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 10:54:28 AM »
Winters, where does Birdman belong on the list?  Top 8?
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 12:07:15 PM »

Teams, I guess. Wilt averaged over 30 PPG, throughout his career. At one point he averaged 50. Russell never got over 20. Wilt also averaged 54% FG% in his career while Russell averaged 44% FG%.

Rebounds, you say? How about in head-to-head competition. In 142 games against each other, Wilt averaged 5 RPG more than Russell.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 12:11:04 PM »

Teams, I guess. Wilt averaged over 30 PPG, throughout his career. At one point he averaged 50. Russell never got over 20. Wilt also averaged 54% FG% in his career while Russell averaged 44% FG%.

Rebounds, you say? How about in head-to-head competition. In 142 games against each other, Wilt averaged 5 RPG more than Russell.

Confirmed. Russell was drafted by a loaded Celtics team. Hell, his first year in the league one of his teammates won MVP and another won Rookie of the Year. He played alongside 3 players other players who are now in the Hall of Fame. Wilt only ever played with one other teammate who is now in the Hall of Fame. (Wilt also won MVP and Rookie of the Year his first year in the league).

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 12:33:24 PM »

Confirmed. Russell was drafted by a loaded Celtics team. Hell, his first year in the league one of his teammates won MVP and another won Rookie of the Year. He played alongside 3 players other players who are now in the Hall of Fame. Wilt only ever played with one other teammate who is now in the Hall of Fame. (Wilt also won MVP and Rookie of the Year his first year in the league).

False. Very, very false. Baylor, West, Goodrich, and Cunningham are all in the HoF. Russell may have had better teammates, but you can't use the argument that Wilt didn't have any help.

You can have Wilt's statistics...Give me Russell's rings.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 12:43:25 PM »
let's say Lebron or Durant played in the league around 1990. how many points would either have averaged per game? about 100? Could a team with one of them have played with a max of 4 people on the court and won the championship?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 12:44:45 PM »

False. Very, very false. Baylor, West, Goodrich, and Cunningham are all in the HoF. Russell may have had better teammates, but you can't use the argument that Wilt didn't have any help.

You can have Wilt's statistics...Give me Russell's rings.

Sorry, I was just looking at the Warriors who drafted him. Didn't realize he played for basically every NBA team in existence.

But man, Wilt had 11 rebounding titles, 7 scoring titles, even led the league in assists for one season. He still has the record for highest PPG in a season and highest RPG in a season. If we're only counting rings, then Michael Jordan would be the 10th best player to ever play, and Scottie Pippen has the same number he does.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 12:59:53 PM »
let's say Lebron or Durant played in the league around 1990. how many points would either have averaged per game? about 100? Could a team with one of them have played with a max of 4 people on the court and won the championship?

They didn't call bitch fouls in 1990 and were allowed to do more defensively.  Durant and Lebron (as he plays now) would average less.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 01:01:36 PM »

They didn't call bitch fouls in 1990 and were allowed to do more defensively.  Durant and Lebron (as he plays now) would average less.

like, 90 a game?

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 01:28:45 PM »
Winters, where does Birdman belong on the list?  Top 8?
Top 1500 easily
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 01:29:54 PM »
the worst player on the worst team in the nba today is about even with jordan.