Author Topic: PacTen Expansion Talk... Colorado and Utah  (Read 11336 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: PacTen Expansion Talk... Colorado and Utah
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2010, 02:53:22 PM »
Would be great if we could have discussions on here without making personal attacks.  

Not really one of our priorities, but feel free to post this in the suggestion board.  

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2010, 02:55:19 PM »
Would be great if we could have discussions on here without making personal attacks.  

Not really one of our priorities, but feel free to post this in the suggestion board.  

You've got certain posters who basically ruin threads because of their inability to talk sports with a KU fan. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2010, 02:55:46 PM »
There's a much higher probability of TCU joining the Big 12 than someone like Louisville.  Again, just my opinion.  Would be great if we could have discussions on here without making personal attacks.  

Would be great if you ever actually predicted one single thing correctly, but we just humor you anyway.

Good grief, dude.  What are you so angry about?  

Who's angry?  A man doesn't have to be angry to make fun of another man.  It's actually kinda fun

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2010, 02:56:07 PM »

i honestly don't see how it would be "great" at all.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 02:59:11 PM »
already have Baylor.  don't need more religious nuts in TCU.

l'ville and 'mphis would be awesome  

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2010, 03:00:21 PM »

You've got certain posters who basically ruin threads because of their inability to talk sports with a KU fan. 

ignore those doodz

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2010, 03:01:25 PM »

The worst part about having to start this new site is not having instant access to the archived threads of your meltdowns.  Seems like putting a system in place that would address your concern would run counter fixing that problem and having some of our own BMW meltdown threads here.  Also, there's plenty of good sports and non-sports talk with ku fans here already (42 dumbstick, et al).  

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »
already have Baylor.  don't need more religious nuts in TCU.

l'ville and 'mphis would be awesome  

Only know one TCU alum but he's pretty damn cool.  Known him for years and I don't believe I've ever heard him mention church.  Now, the Baylor alums I know are an entirely different story.  I get it, you love God.  Geez, enough already.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »

The worst part about having to start this new site is not having instant access to the archived threads of your meltdowns.  Seems like putting a system in place that would address your concern would run counter fixing that problem and having some of our own BMW meltdown threads here.  Also, there's plenty of good sports and non-sports talk with ku fans here already (42 dumbstick, et al). 

Hey, I came over here because I was invited by Steve Dave.  If you guys are going to be a bunch of douchebags, that's your choice.  Have fun with 42yardstick and all those other KU fans you forgot to mention. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2010, 03:10:26 PM »

The worst part about having to start this new site is not having instant access to the archived threads of your meltdowns.  Seems like putting a system in place that would address your concern would run counter fixing that problem and having some of our own BMW meltdown threads here.  Also, there's plenty of good sports and non-sports talk with ku fans here already (42 dumbstick, et al). 

Hey, I came over here because I was invited by Steve Dave.  If you guys are going to be a bunch of douchebags, that's your choice.  Have fun with 42yardstick and all those other KU fans you forgot to mention. 

I choose "douchebag".  Hey 'stick, it's party time!!!    :cheers:

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2010, 03:12:09 PM »

That's "Mr. Douchebag" to you burger flipper.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2010, 03:16:44 PM »

Is this where you get your mom to call our moms?

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »
I love it when Dax steps in to calm the waters.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2010, 03:43:43 PM »
I love it when Dax steps in to calm the waters.

:nono:  I thought we had something (t)brewing here.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2010, 03:45:30 PM »
I'll step in here and let you girls cool down a little.

I believe that both OU and Texas get additional Stipends on the RRR game because it is sponsored by Doctor Pepper.   

In fact, I believe an extremely lucrative deal was put together for that game to keep it from going back to the campuses as the schools threatend to do about 4 or 5 years ago.

Not sponsored by Dr. P, it's sponsored by SBC/AT&T.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2010, 03:51:22 PM »
Yeah, yeah, Dr. Pepper, ATT/SBC whatever.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2010, 04:47:48 PM »
i think the pac-10 should just take Utah and BYU, Big 10(+1) take Memphis or someone else keep hands outta the Big XII pockets  :runaway:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2010, 04:55:36 PM »
Would Colorado State be a possible addition to the Big 12? :dunno:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2010, 05:34:03 PM »
Dammit beems just roll with it :facepalm:

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »

Check the first page of this thread, friend.  Short answer:  no.

If the Red River Rivalry is so precious to OU and Texas, perhaps they could play it as a non-conference game on the off years.  I don't know if there's any rule against this in the Big 12 or NCAA. 

Still think Oklahoma State would be the more logical choice to move to the North, though.  Really think OU would be against it, since so many of their players come from Texas.  (Not that OSU's don't, but OU probably more likely to get its way, + the geographic factor).

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2010, 09:40:46 PM »
if both CU and Mizzou leave i say we make a run at both Utah and BYU, if only Colorado then i say maybe Tulsa  :confused: or possibly Memphis. If Mizzou leaves i say  we go hard at BYU jmo

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2010, 11:41:56 AM »

Check the first page of this thread, friend.  Short answer:  no.

If the Red River Rivalry is so precious to OU and Texas, perhaps they could play it as a non-conference game on the off years.  I don't know if there's any rule against this in the Big 12 or NCAA. 

Still think Oklahoma State would be the more logical choice to move to the North, though.  Really think OU would be against it, since so many of their players come from Texas.  (Not that OSU's don't, but OU probably more likely to get its way, + the geographic factor).

Dude, play a conference team in a non-conference game?  Are you rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2010, 12:43:54 PM »
The obvious solution would be realignment.  Scrap the "north" and "south" idea, and create 2 new divisions.

But it doesn't matter, because no schools are leaving anytime soon.  IF the Big 10 adds a team, then there might be changes made all across the country, but not until then. 

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2010, 03:25:50 PM »
TT to the north makes sense to me, they aren't close to anyone (neither is CU) and they are probably just as far north (give or take) as either OK school.  They have no big rivalry (maybe aTm)?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »
TT to the north makes sense to me, they aren't close to anyone (neither is CU) and they are probably just as far north (give or take) as either OK school.  They have no big rivalry (maybe aTm)?

Not a bad idea.   I didn't realize how far north Lubbock is.  Wouldn't be any farther of a trip for KSU than the trip to Boulder.  Would kinda suck for ISU and Nubb, though.