Author Topic: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day  (Read 803365 times)

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day
« Reply #4300 on: December 10, 2013, 02:01:29 PM »
rams, you're an idiot.  texascat1 sounds like a great person.

Yup, very sad story.
of course it's a sad story.  a dog dying is always sad.  but a dog suffering a miserable existence is always more sad than a dog dying. he's old as eff, he can't hear and he can't see and he doesn't understand why.  that's horrible.  he needs to be put down.  this guy is delaying his own pain of losing his dog and letting his dog suffer in the meantime.  that's about as selfish as you can get.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: December 10, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »
Quote from: Tuck
angry looking longhaired types

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: December 10, 2013, 02:18:55 PM »
"rent controlled complex for artists"
"homes"
"attitude"
"KU-esk" 

Add improper quotation usage to the tuck list.
really need a list of tuck-isms, im starting to lose track of them all

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: December 10, 2013, 04:39:29 PM »
I'm sad that Underwear Show'r never took off as a term for us. :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: December 10, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »
gdm8888

Almost on scholarship
Post #522
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore OT: Dog ACL Tear Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone have any advice on handling a dog ACL tear or advice for where to get it done in KC?

Vet told us that our 3.5 year old husky/shepherd mix tore her ACL. Surgery is going to run about $3500 at the orthopedic surgeon here in OP. Didn't know if anyone knew of anywhere else or costs? We have yet to talk to the KSU vet school but intend to do that soon. Thanks.

He's probably out for the year.  :frown:

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: December 10, 2013, 08:35:16 PM »
:lol:

gitrdone!

Post #7354
MyFanPage

Spent four hours in Lawrence on Sun at Christmas home tour

Wife and I drove over from Man wanting to do a Christmas themed activity. We tend to enjoy Christmas home tours and thought we would drive over to Lawrence to try theirs this year (Yes, I'm a tuck). Well, I should have know better. The first stop was in a retirement community appartment. It was a one bedroom small appartment for a single elderly person. Very nice lady but it wasn't what we had expected. We stepped in the front door and it took 30 seconds to see the whole place. Next stop was a renovated warehouse "rent controlled complex for artists". It also was a one room loft overlooking a parking lot. Not what we had expected on a "homes" tour. There were several nice homes but ALL had jayhawks everywhere. There was definitely an "attitude" by many people we encountered. The artists colony rent controlled place was so "KU-esk" it was annoying. We ate lunch in a downtown bakery and there were angry looking longhaired types everywhere. We left Lawrence and drove to Leavenworth for their historic home Christmas tour which was awesome. I learned  to never assume you will enjoy yourself in Lawrence. It really is a very different environment than Manhattan. Felt like a communist foreign country.
Close thread. Great run you guys.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: December 10, 2013, 08:59:36 PM »
that last sentence is the equivalent of dropping the mic.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: December 14, 2013, 12:26:11 PM »
OT: Disappointed in myself
I'm watching "Funny Girl" with the wife and I find myself attracted to Babs.  Smh.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: December 14, 2013, 06:22:35 PM »
GPC racist bullshit at its finest, courtesy of brandybud:

Earlier today I met five buddies for lunch in a big sports bar in Williamsburg, Virginia. We are all former federal investigators and all are Vietnam combat vets. One, an African American, is a former pole vaulter at Oregon, and all of us played organized sports at some level.

While enjoying beer and steaks, Arizona and Michigan were playing  basketball, while alongside a re-run of Ohio State and Michigan State was airing. I couldn't help but notice that all of us were mostly paying attention to a football game wherein the the outcome was known rather than a basketball game involving the country's top collegiate team; so I conducted an informal poll as to who routinely (often) watches basketball, college or pro? Not a single hand went up; nor did I raise mine.

As background, I went to KSU in the late 60's, and Jack Hartman was our coach. In four years, I did not miss a single game where I could help it, and afterwards I closely followed the career of Lon Kruger. Then, imperceptibly, I found that I did not care as much anymore about basketball, and although I read the morning paper (wherever ) to see how my school was doing on the hardwoods, it did not pain me to see the 'Cats lose as much as if it was a football game--when a loss could send me into a deep funk.

Now, why do some guys of my generation often shun watching basketball--especially pro ball? My non-empircal study today reflects that most of us feel the team-centered, play-by -the-rules basketball we knew and played in our youth has morphed into something else altogether. And although I can't quite put my finger on the precise reasons for our ambivalence, most of us believe that individual  "hot-doggism" today has taken over in some corners. Further, there are too many renegade coaches who specialize in exhibiting gross behavioral conduct that of course leads to rude and obnoxious behavior in their players. ("Character and fair play be damed; let's win this f...... ball game.")

So after reading the above, you might ask this old and proud K-Stater, "Well, now what did you think of Frank Martin?"

Easy answer, in three parts... I still can't believe he was hired at Kansas State. I am thrilled he is gone. And I sincerely hope his like never again darkens our doorstep.

And best wishes to Coach oscar Weber and his young team. A gentleman is now back at the helm, and  I'm again watching K-State basketball.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: December 14, 2013, 06:24:01 PM »
i don't think i've ever heard the phrase "darken our doorstep" before

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: December 14, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »
eff that guy. Him and his fat face.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: December 14, 2013, 06:26:31 PM »

Weird. 

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: December 14, 2013, 06:28:08 PM »

i have, entirely in a non-racist context.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: December 14, 2013, 06:35:05 PM »
just looked it up and am now GTG

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: December 14, 2013, 06:41:13 PM »
GPC racist bullshit at its finest, courtesy of brandybud:

Earlier today I met five buddies for lunch in a big sports bar in Williamsburg, Virginia. We are all former federal investigators and all are Vietnam combat vets. One, an African American, is a former pole vaulter at Oregon, and all of us played organized sports at some level.

While enjoying beer and steaks, Arizona and Michigan were playing  basketball, while alongside a re-run of Ohio State and Michigan State was airing. I couldn't help but notice that all of us were mostly paying attention to a football game wherein the the outcome was known rather than a basketball game involving the country's top collegiate team; so I conducted an informal poll as to who routinely (often) watches basketball, college or pro? Not a single hand went up; nor did I raise mine.

As background, I went to KSU in the late 60's, and Jack Hartman was our coach. In four years, I did not miss a single game where I could help it, and afterwards I closely followed the career of Lon Kruger. Then, imperceptibly, I found that I did not care as much anymore about basketball, and although I read the morning paper (wherever ) to see how my school was doing on the hardwoods, it did not pain me to see the 'Cats lose as much as if it was a football game--when a loss could send me into a deep funk.

Now, why do some guys of my generation often shun watching basketball--especially pro ball? My non-empircal study today reflects that most of us feel the team-centered, play-by -the-rules basketball we knew and played in our youth has morphed into something else altogether. And although I can't quite put my finger on the precise reasons for our ambivalence, most of us believe that individual  "hot-doggism" today has taken over in some corners. Further, there are too many renegade coaches who specialize in exhibiting gross behavioral conduct that of course leads to rude and obnoxious behavior in their players. ("Character and fair play be damed; let's win this f...... ball game.")

So after reading the above, you might ask this old and proud K-Stater, "Well, now what did you think of Frank Martin?"

Easy answer, in three parts... I still can't believe he was hired at Kansas State. I am thrilled he is gone. And I sincerely hope his like never again darkens our doorstep.

And best wishes to Coach oscar Weber and his young team. A gentleman is now back at the helm, and  I'm again watching K-State basketball.

eff that guy

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: December 14, 2013, 10:11:05 PM »
Yeah but he's a former federal investigator and Vietnam vet and is friends with a black guy.  Steaks and beers too.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: December 14, 2013, 10:15:34 PM »
"hot-doggism"

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: December 14, 2013, 10:27:04 PM »
I seriously doubt that guy never watched during the Frank Years.

If he really didn't because of Frank then he has some character issues.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: December 14, 2013, 10:35:25 PM »
Literally, probably the dumbest thing ever posted on GPC.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: December 14, 2013, 10:47:33 PM »
Omg, dumb, GPc is so dumb, posting dumb things!

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4320 on: December 16, 2013, 09:13:48 AM »
what a complete loser

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: December 16, 2013, 10:29:09 AM »
God damnit, why do so many K-State fans have to be so rough ridin' stupid.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: December 22, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »
Sprint center is a dump compared to other venue's which includes parking, easy access, eating places, etc..  Downtown kc in missouri is and always will be a dump next to a part of the city which is dangerous to even drive thru.  Better venue's are available.  kc won't see my money at anytime.  The only reason sprint was built downtown was the kc star and their self greed and their need to support their greed on the taxpayers of that area.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: December 22, 2013, 03:59:00 PM »
Sprint center is a dump compared to other venue's which includes parking, easy access, eating places, etc..  Downtown kc in missouri is and always will be a dump next to a part of the city which is dangerous to even drive thru.  Better venue's are available.  kc won't see my money at anytime.  The only reason sprint was built downtown was the kc star and their self greed and their need to support their greed on the taxpayers of that area.

What was that?

I mean yeah the Sprint Center is really just another plain ol venue that's nothing special, but what is he talking about??

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: December 22, 2013, 04:20:37 PM »
Probably some hick hayseed from the middle of nowhere Kansas.