Author Topic: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day  (Read 803087 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day
« Reply #3650 on: June 25, 2013, 03:09:53 PM »
It's dated but it's not like he called them "chinamen"

I still say Chinamen...what's so wrong with that?

Depends.  How much track do you need to lay still to complete your 1820's railroad?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: June 25, 2013, 03:12:54 PM »
Tangent, I love watching white people try to describe a black guy without calling him black. These are great moments.

Such an underrated pickup bball moment: "I've got the b ... bald guy."
Yup. But where I play it's the other way around. "I've got the wannabe Dirk!" And then they point at me. :frown:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: June 25, 2013, 03:14:51 PM »
Tangent, I love watching white people try to describe a black guy without calling him black. These are great moments.

I love the relief when someone speaks up and says "you mean the black guy?" when it's clear they're struggling. Their shoulders loosen up and the words start flowing once that elephant is out of the room*. *not racist

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: June 25, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »

similar to this, when i was in like jr high (i think) i went to the neil smith football camp.  it was a weeklong camp and everyone stayed at the dorms at rockhurst u. in kc.  anyway, this was the first time in my life that i was ever around a large number of black people (camp was about 50/50 white/black), which wasn't a problem since i'm not a racist piece of crap.  so one day i'm with a group of fellow football studs and this black kid was talking about some kid that sucked and his brother (twin) asked him who it was and the kid says "some white boy over there" and his brother got super mad at him and called him a racist and asked why it at all mattered that he was white.  kid was like "i was just describing him, jeez" and got all sulky.

/csb.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: June 25, 2013, 03:16:21 PM »

I love the relief when someone speaks up and says "you mean the black guy?" when it's clear they're struggling. Their shoulders loosen up and the words start flowing once that elephant is out of the room*. *not racist

hmm haven't heard that one before. can't wait to use it with my racist pals the next time we're sharing some millers.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: June 25, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »
I commonly describe white dudes as white dudes. Or white kids if they are small.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: June 25, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »
I just call it how I see it. I bet if I walked down the street and saw a black guy and called him a black guy, he would take offense too.

Moral of the story: People are too soft these days.

why do you need to call him a black guy?  if he were white, would you say "hey, white guy?"

So enlighten me: If there were two people (one black, one white) and you need to point one of them out to a stranger from a distance, how would you do it?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: June 25, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
I just call it how I see it. I bet if I walked down the street and saw a black guy and called him a black guy, he would take offense too.

why do you need to call him a black guy?  if he were white, would you say "hey, white guy?"

So enlighten me: If there were two people (one black, one white) and you need to point one of them out to a stranger from a distance, how would you do it?

Left vs right.  Front vs back.  Etc.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: June 25, 2013, 03:31:24 PM »

"see the guy in the blue shirt?"

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: June 25, 2013, 03:32:14 PM »

similar to this, when i was in like jr high (i think) i went to the neil smith football camp.  it was a weeklong camp and everyone stayed at the dorms at rockhurst u. in kc.  anyway, this was the first time in my life that i was ever around a large number of black people (camp was about 50/50 white/black), which wasn't a problem since i'm not a racist piece of crap.  so one day i'm with a group of fellow football studs and this black kid was talking about some kid that sucked and his brother (twin) asked him who it was and the kid says "some white boy over there" and his brother got super mad at him and called him a racist and asked why it at all mattered that he was white.  kid was like "i was just describing him, jeez" and got all sulky.

/csb.

This pretty much sums it all up. I'm not profiling or targeting certain people, just literally pointing them out. It's like saying the tall kid or the fat kid or the white kid or the dark kid....no harm intended at all

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: June 25, 2013, 03:33:24 PM »

Oh brother...

If you're trying to tell me that you've never described someone by their skin color then sir, i'm calling you a liar.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: June 25, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »

Depends.  How much track do you need to lay still to complete your 1820's railroad?

PFTTT!  :lol: Look at the history noob over here!  :lol:

There were very few railroads in 1820, let alone railroads built by chinamen.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: June 25, 2013, 03:34:59 PM »

Forward to the shame thread.  I didn't do any research when shaming the racist.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: June 25, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »

The railway building boom didn't even really start until the late 30's...nice try though

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: June 25, 2013, 03:37:04 PM »

Oh brother...

If you're trying to tell me that you've never described someone by their skin color then sir, i'm calling you a liar.

most people aren't racist pieces of crap

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: June 25, 2013, 03:40:11 PM »

Oh brother...

most people aren't racist pieces of crap

Well you outed me. I'll have to hang up the white cloak and hat and find another hobby for my nights and weekends...  :opcat:

This has really de-railed from where it started and that's that people are going to judge no matter what you do. So I try to be honest in my description and if I offend someone, I own it and make sure they don't take it as offensive or racist. That's all you can do to be honest...

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: June 25, 2013, 03:41:43 PM »
Am I allowed to talk bad about Fitz again since FF is over or does he get a pass because he hung up a flier?

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: June 25, 2013, 03:42:56 PM »
Am I allowed to talk bad about Fitz again since FF is over or does he get a pass because he hung up a flier?

There's never a bad time to talk bad about that pedophile...

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: June 25, 2013, 03:43:10 PM »
why would you ever feel the need to call someone "colored" at all, let alone to their face?  how is that "just being honest" and not at all offensive?

you are just a stupid rough ridin' racist, and you don't even know it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: June 25, 2013, 03:52:21 PM »
lets all learn and grow together

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: June 25, 2013, 03:52:39 PM »

I don't think there was ever truly a truce, just recognition that Fitz actually did a decent act.  So, go for it.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: June 25, 2013, 04:02:12 PM »
why would you ever feel the need to call someone "colored" at all, let alone to their face?  how is that "just being honest" and not at all offensive?

you are just a stupid rough ridin' racist, and you don't even know it.

That's really funny because he didn't take any offense to it...so if he didn't, why should you?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: June 25, 2013, 04:05:34 PM »
my grandpa (RIP) was a huge dumbass racist, and he said "coloreds" all the time. 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: June 25, 2013, 04:07:59 PM »
my grandpa (RIP) was a huge dumbass racist, and he said "coloreds" all the time.

RIP

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: June 25, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »

RIP

i mean, you don't have to RIP, he was a huge dumbass racist like shellshock.