Author Topic: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day  (Read 803342 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day
« Reply #3225 on: February 04, 2013, 02:33:48 PM »
My facebook blew up with the dodge commercial when i checked it this morning. There is no more self congratulatory group on earth than farmers, with teachers coming in a close second.

I would put doctors right behind farmers. Teachers are a distant 3rd.

sorry nk but that's just ridiculously wrong. doctors are not at all self congratulatory at all. i mean maybe when they are with other doctors they might be some, but that's it.

Small sample size, but they rank right up there with lawyers are far as complaining about student loans.

that's weird because i actually know a decent amount of doctor and lawyer types and have never heard a single one complain about student loans.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: February 04, 2013, 02:36:21 PM »
My facebook blew up with the dodge commercial when i checked it this morning. There is no more self congratulatory group on earth than farmers, with teachers coming in a close second.

sorry nk but that's just ridiculously wrong. doctors are not at all self congratulatory at all. i mean maybe when they are with other doctors they might be some, but that's it.

Small sample size, but they rank right up there with lawyers are far as complaining about student loans.

that's weird because i actually know a decent amount of doctor and lawyer types and have never heard a single one complain about student loans.

Ya could be sample size.  Was witness to this convo in a road trip with doctor and lawyer on board.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: February 04, 2013, 02:37:30 PM »
IMHO part-time receptionists with a kid or two take the effing cake as far as congratulating themselves

Single moms are self congratulatory no matter what line of work it is.

Being a single mom is hard work, even if 90% of the time it's their fault.  Farmers are no different than any other small business owners, but for some reason a large portion of them think they are special because they rack up hunderds of thousands of dollars in debt to buy the nicest pieces of equipment they can find so they can then complain about how last year on paper they barely broke even.

I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: February 04, 2013, 02:40:34 PM »
A good farmer "barely breaks even" every year.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: February 04, 2013, 02:41:56 PM »

If that's good in their business model and planned out, great.  Just don't complain about it all the time. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: February 04, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »

I don't know anybody in any profession who is self-congratulatory toward their profession in public, other than a few farmers. I was mostly going by facebook posts to rank them

1. farmers
2. doctors
3. teachers

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: February 04, 2013, 03:18:41 PM »

If that's good in their business model and planned out, great.  Just don't complain about it all the time.

Complaining about it is a boss move, IMO.

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: February 04, 2013, 03:29:38 PM »
Farmers seem especially eager to tell me how they feed me and keep the whole world alive, etc. Engineering is pretty damn vital to society but just go to work and collect my paycheck because it's my job.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: February 04, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »
Farmers seem especially eager to tell me how they feed me and keep the whole world alive, etc. Engineering is pretty damn vital to society but just go to work and collect my paycheck because it's my job.

Yeah, I have a ton of engineering friends and you would have no idea any of them were engineers if you didn't know them personally. I think it's mostly because they are introverts.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: February 04, 2013, 03:37:28 PM »

Yeah, I have a ton of engineering friends and you would have no idea any of them were engineers if you didn't know them personally. I think it's mostly because they are introverts.

farmers cant farm without engineers. that robot cybercombine didnt optimize it's own design.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: February 04, 2013, 03:38:46 PM »

farmers cant farm without engineers. that robot cybercombine didnt optimize it's own design.

God made an engineer
:adios:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: February 04, 2013, 03:39:47 PM »

God made an engineer

good thing we dont need truck commercials to feel validated.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: February 04, 2013, 03:41:37 PM »
Maybe next year HP will run a calculator commercial during the super bowl to validate all of the engineers out there.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: February 04, 2013, 03:45:37 PM »
Maybe next year HP will run a calculator commercial during the super bowl to validate all of the engineers out there.

or maybe have a super juicy model makeout sesh in close up with highly explicit audio.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: February 04, 2013, 03:48:15 PM »

or maybe have a super juicy model makeout sesh in close up with highly explicit audio.

Oh, man, what if the super models are walking around running calculations on the go on their brand spanking new HP calculators, and then they decide to go give that engineer a big wet kiss? And then Paul Harvey says "God created an engineer so super models could get laid."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: February 04, 2013, 03:49:49 PM »

Oh, man, what if the super models are walking around running calculations on the go on their brand spanking new HP calculators, and then they decide to go give that engineer a big wet kiss? And then Paul Harvey says "God created an engineer so super models could get laid."

i would certainly have to consider hp for my next calculator  :cheers:

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: February 04, 2013, 03:51:56 PM »
Oh man, i changed my mind. WE DESERVE THIS, GUYS

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: February 04, 2013, 03:52:17 PM »
TI would be mumped for sure.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: February 04, 2013, 03:56:09 PM »

TI would come out with a new calculator the next year, only with hotter supermodel.  Calculator would also include integrated assault rifle.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: February 04, 2013, 04:05:13 PM »

TI would come out with a new calculator the next year, only with hotter supermodel.  Calculator would also include integrated assault rifle.

Would take.
:dance:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: February 04, 2013, 04:09:34 PM »
OT for the inventions thread:

I invented a leather shoulder holster for the TI-89 so engineers could walk around strapped up like killer badasses.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: February 04, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »

You can't engineer without farmers stuffing your face hole with their delicious life-giving food stuffs. Go ahead and try to engineer something up without food to power your brain, whoops you can't because you just rough ridin' died of starvation.  Served your right up, bud.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day
« Reply #3247 on: February 04, 2013, 07:35:52 PM »

You can't engineer without farmers stuffing your face hole with their delicious life-giving food stuffs. Go ahead and try to engineer something up without food to power your brain, whoops you can't because you just rough ridin' died of starvation.  Served your right up, bud.   

Nope sorry I can eat all kinds of crap from my Mother Earth and cut out the middle men (farmers).

I don't need a pimp (farmer) standing between me and the bitches I love (certain foods).

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: February 04, 2013, 07:41:09 PM »
Pffft.  Congrats on your new career as a hunter-gatherer.  Sorry guys puniraptor can't engineer for you because he's too busy trying to choke down the pine cone he found the other day.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day
« Reply #3249 on: February 04, 2013, 07:42:46 PM »
You make a tisane from pinecones, jfc.