Author Topic: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day  (Read 803243 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day
« Reply #1900 on: July 01, 2012, 08:54:23 PM »
perfect combo of username and post

yeah

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 01, 2012, 09:12:47 PM »
I watched the postgame.  At least through about 15 minutes after the game ended, nobody was blowing each other, yet.

what a boring sport.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: GPC Wabash Station Thread Title Of The Day
« Reply #1902 on: July 02, 2012, 12:46:15 AM »
eightmanking

New walk-on to the team
Post #81
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   

Re: For whom are you rooting today Spain or Italy?   Reply

Anytime I can Bash on a soccer mommy I do so and enjoy it. Faggots play soccer and after the game which ends in a wild score which usually is 1-0 or a tie they enjoy orange slices together and then blow each other!

7/1 4:40 PM | IP: Logged

I want to go on record and say that eightmanking is in no way associated with 8manpick.
:barf:

Sent from my GT-S5830M using Tapatalk 2
I came across the insufferable eightmanking a few years ago. When I got here and saw an 8manpick, I just assumed it was you trolling or something. Sad that it's a real person.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 02, 2012, 08:26:15 AM »
eightmanking?  more like eightmanqueen.  i heard about that guy, he totally blows other dudes and eats grapefruit. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Daily Powert@rd

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GoPowercat.com
« Reply #1904 on: July 02, 2012, 09:03:18 AM »
eightmanking?  more like eightmanqueen.  i heard about that guy, he totally blows other dudes and eats grapefruit.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: July 02, 2012, 09:05:52 AM »
true story...when i first saw "eightmanking" in this thread, i thought to myself what in the world is a manking?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: July 02, 2012, 09:07:26 AM »
true story...when i first saw "eightmanking" in this thread, i thought to myself what in the world is a manking?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Manking

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: July 02, 2012, 09:08:31 AM »
Also, I've seen a LOT of 8-man football in my day, you know the football on the shorter field and ABSOLUTELY NO blowing of each other.  I'd be surprised if this guy is truly the "king" of it.

Offline Daily Powert@rd

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GoPowercat.com
« Reply #1908 on: July 02, 2012, 09:13:48 AM »

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: July 02, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »

I assume 'hatter wrote that while sitting in his 700 sqft apartment that has bare, white walls.  I also assume that when 'hatter leaves said apartment, he drives a 1984 Datsun 720 pickup with a 4-speed, manual transmission and an AM radio that has knob tuners.  I'm assuming since he doesn't think Morrow is allowed to have nice things for the next 4-5 years of his life, then 'hatter also chooses not to have nice things.

I love how GPC bashes kids for choosing OSU because they have "nice, shiny things" as if they were given a choice between a $100,000 house and a $300,000 house for the same price, they would choose the $100,000 house. 

They also keep trotting out this FB grad rate as proof that if he wanted academics, then it has to be KSU over OSU.  They don't get it that if a kid is planning on taking his academics seriously, they aren't going to choose KSU over OSU because every year we graduate a few more kids with pud Social Science and Criminology degrees and a 2.1 GPA.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:36:56 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: July 02, 2012, 11:18:01 AM »

I really don't like it when people intimate that our competition has cheated every time we lose a recruiting battle.

It's a really bush league way of passing the buck on the failures of our coaching staff.

We can either worry about others or we can worry about ourselves.  We need to be focused on addressing our own problems.

The bottom line is that a big part of the problem is that have failed to address a lot of extremely critical needs pertaining to recruiting.  We can either do something about it or continually try to make excuses and blame others.  I really don't understand what is productive about doing the latter.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: July 02, 2012, 11:19:30 AM »

I assume 'hatter wrote that while sitting in his 700 sqft apartment that has bare, white walls.  I also assume that when 'hatter leaves said apartment, he drives a 1984 Datsun 720 pickup with a 4-speed, manual transmission and an AM radio that has knob tuners.  I'm assuming since he doesn't think Morrow is allowed to have nice things for the next 4-5 years of his life, then 'hatter also chooses not to have nice things.

I love how GPC bashes kids for choosing OSU because they have "nice, shiny things" as if they were given a choice between a $100,000 house and a $300,000 house for the same price, they would choose the $100,000 house. 

They also keep trotting out this FB grad rate as proof that if he wanted academics, then it has to be KSU over OSU.  They don't get it that if a kid is planning on taking his academics seriously, they aren't going to choose KSU over OSU because every year we graduate a few more kids with pud Social Science and Criminology degrees and a 2.1 GPA.

Unless a kid is considering Stanford, they don't give a crap about "better academics".  How Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: July 02, 2012, 11:23:49 AM »
I look at losing a kid to OSU more as a failure by John Currie than as a failure by our coaching staff. He cut our recruiting budget so we could have the most profitable AD in the country, and our facilities and housing are just laughable.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: July 02, 2012, 11:50:17 AM »
I look at losing a kid to OSU more as a failure by John Currie than as a failure by our coaching staff. He cut our recruiting budget so we could have the most profitable AD in the country, and our facilities and housing are just laughable.

A recruiting budget has nothing to do with facility upgrades or capital improvements.

If I were to blame Curry for anything, it would be potentially blame him for coaching salaries or not giving the green light for Snyder to hire a competent recruiting staff that would put is in position to compete for a guy like Venzy or Leavitt.  Guys that can, you know, actually rough ridin' recruit.

Currie is actually doing a good job of elevating the quality of the facilities.  In fact, better than any AD we've had in the past 40 years. His problem, is that for 10 years we did absolutely nothing while all of our competitors in the Big XII were embarking on huge capital improvements campaigns and we've got a crap load of ground to make up.  You can thank Tim Weiser and Jon Wefald for that.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: July 02, 2012, 01:07:08 PM »
Anybody know what kind of spider I just saw?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: July 02, 2012, 01:10:05 PM »
Anybody know what kind of spider I just saw?
I'll bet there were lots of guesses.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: July 03, 2012, 12:11:17 AM »
If I were to blame Curry for anything, it would be potentially blame him for coaching salaries or not giving the green light for Snyder to hire a competent recruiting staff that would put is in position to compete for a guy like Venzy or Leavitt.

i would blame him for running off the most successful coach in kstate's modern basketball history and then hiring a nazi.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: July 03, 2012, 08:58:41 AM »
There's a reason we invested a huge amount of money in football infrastructure in the early-mid 90s.  There's a reason we're building a BTF with Ipads in lockers and state of the art equipment.  There's a reason we're building a new WestSide. 

Recruits and fans alike, enjoy cool crap.  If we want to sell tickets for high $$$, we can't have shitters with shower curtains.  If we want to sell recruits, we can't have subpar training facilities, locker rooms, and accomodations in Haymaker Hall. 

Currie and Shulz suck at a lot of things, but I think they understand this logic.  We're doing the right things, we're just doing them several years behind a school like OSU.     

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: July 03, 2012, 09:15:09 AM »
I think the athletic department would do well in offering scholarships to all the hot chicks who are thinking of attending Oklahoma State University.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: July 03, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »
I think the athletic department would do well in offering scholarships to all the hot chicks who are thinking of attending Oklahoma State University.

Adding as many hot chicks as possible will help every facet of athletics and many academic programs. It is a key component.  Every uni should prioritize incoming frosh by their ath ability, there intelligence, and their hotness.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: July 03, 2012, 10:06:38 AM »

Adding as many hot chicks as possible will help every facet of athletics and many academic programs. It is a key component.  Every uni should prioritize incoming frosh by their ath ability, there intelligence, and their hotness.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Not in that order, amirite?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: July 03, 2012, 01:12:22 PM »
with all these new superfluous bells and whistles, it oughta be called the aesthetic department!

:lol:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: July 04, 2012, 11:27:45 AM »
ARM58

All-Big 12 performer
Post #6420
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Re: Way to show some loyalty to your home state and a LEGEND Morrow   Reply
Originally posted by 97cat:

Dude, he did not

Okie light and OU are 2 of the WORST academic schools in the nation

No one is arguing that Boon Pickens University has the glitz, the facilities, the pretty colors, but Morrow said track and academics were the deciding factors. obviously they weren't

More power to him but in the end he picked the flash in the pan over what he said he was going to pick, that's all I am saying. He didn't take the reliable choice, he took a shortcut, he took the shiny piece of crap that is going to break down in 20,000 miles over the reliable truck that doesn't have flashy colors, but last over 200,000 miles

Let it go

i hope usnews doesn't read this.. or your lack of reading comprehension and understanding of basic numbers would cost another 10 spots

usnews (kind of like golf, the smaller the number, the better)

osu - 132
K-State - 143

Forbes

osu - 416
K-State - 446

Research rankings (forbes)

osu - 138
K-State - 153

kiplingers 100 top values for public universities

osu - 92
K-State - NR

97cat's rankings

K-State - 1
osu - worst ever

so congrats... if ou and osu are two of the WORST academic schools in the nation, they are obviously saved by having us being even worse... i don't know how to make it more clear.. don't trash osu, as they rank better...
7/1 2:05 PM | IP: Logged

97cat

All-American performer
Post #12896
Overland Park, KS
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   

dude, let it go

Morrow said that academics and track were factors. If that were true, then KSU and NU would have been his choices, not OSU which is rated one of the worst academic colleges along with their big bro OU

Again, I do not wish ill will towards the kid, more power to him, but he chose the shiny piece of crap with no engine over the solid reliable truck

Education DID NOT factor into his equation or he wouldnt have picked Boone Picken U
7/1 2:10 PM | IP: Logged

TXbusinessCat

All-Big 12 performer
Post #6385
Cen Tex
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Of course Education didn't factor into this decision. We have been over that. But your logic that had it been a factor he would have chosen KSU is flawed at best and flat out wrong at worst.
7/1 2:14 PM | IP: Logged

ARM58

All-Big 12 performer
Post #6421
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
97cat... You look foolish just saying osu rates as an awful academic institution when I show four different sites proclaiming they are better than kstate..

Try presenting one factual piece of info.. instead of looking like a clown
7/1 2:26 PM | IP: Logged

jonb530

Almost on scholarship
Post #453
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
I am officially dumber after having read this thread.
7/1 10:05 PM | IP: Logged

97cat

All-American performer
Post #12897
Overland Park, KS
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   

oohh name calling, I guess when you have nothing else to say you have to resort to that

good comeback

let it go arm, the whole point has been that Morrow said education and track were huge factors. OSU and OU are 2 of the lowest rated colleges for academics. If either were a factor, he wouldnt have picked them as KSU excells over OSU in both categories

We get it, he likes the pretty colors and the $$ Boone Picken U has to offer. Thats  fine, more power to him, all I am doing is calling a spade a spade. Education and track had NOTHING to do with his decision. Thats it. Seriously, let this thread die and move on
7/2 2:10 AM | IP: Logged

97cat

All-American performer
Post #12898
Overland Park, KS
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   

Here's a list of the Big 12 programs' graduation rates in football

FOOTBALL

University of Missouri 71%
Kansas State University 69%
Texas Tech University 69%
University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68%
Baylor University 64%
Iowa State University 64%
University of Colorado, Boulder 59%
Oklahoma State University 59%
Texas A&M University, College Station 57%
University of Kansas 56%
University of Texas at Austin 49%
University of Oklahoma 44%

Hmmmmm, now tell tell us all again how much better education wise OSU is to KSU???

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/sports/college_sports/big_xii_coverage/graduation-rates-listed-for-big-12#ixzz1zRnLEKZz
7/2 2:19 AM | IP: Logged

ARM58

All-Big 12 performer
Post #6426
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Originally posted by 97cat:

Here's a list of the Big 12 programs' graduation rates in football

FOOTBALL

University of Missouri 71%
Kansas State University 69%
Texas Tech University 69%
University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68%
Baylor University 64%
Iowa State University 64%
University of Colorado, Boulder 59%
Oklahoma State University 59%
Texas A&M University, College Station 57%
University of Kansas 56%
University of Texas at Austin 49%
University of Oklahoma 44%

Hmmmmm, now tell tell us all again how much better education wise OSU is to KSU???

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/sports/college_sports/big_xii_coverage/graduation-rates-listed-for-big-12#ixzz1zRnLEKZz

this is your argument??? graduation rates is all you have? you are whining about being called a clown and you bring up ONE aspect and claim that because of ONE aspect that K-State is a better overall institution? I wasn't name-calling.. in fact, if this is truly all you have, that could be a compliment (especially the repeated "give it ups" because, well, i was right)

look, grad-rates is a very nice feather in our cap... but it's embarrassing to our institution to extrapolate that one component and claim we are better... yes, we apparently have better academic support for our football players... but...  when you have the lower-ranked institution in every major publication, you better damn well graduate better..... you can't argue against Forbes, UsNews, and Kiplingers (yes, i see you are trying to argue.. but it's like watching a train-wreck..)

the final school rankings for morrow
1. unl
2. osu
3. K-State

once unl was eliminated, it was obvious academics was just a nice line.... by the way, the only chance anybody can whine about this decisions was if morrow had said "I care about academic SUPPORT".. but when he says "academics" then osu wins.. every single time....
7/2 6:44 AM | IP: Logged

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: July 04, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
 :lol:

97cat

All-American performer
Post #12903
Overland Park, KS
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   

what do you mean what am I not understanding? Morrow said education was one of his deciding factors. It wasn't b/c he chose a school with 10% lower graduating rate then KState for football

Education couldn't have been the deciding factor

I got news for you, OSU isn't Harvord or Yale. If he was looking at a public university, then why would he not look at what (football players) his  coach expected for education and how they treated his school work

Obviously KSU is higher for education since more football players graduate here then Boone Pickens U

The whole point has been that is NOT the reason and he was swayed by the pretty colors and anti gravity boots that Boone Pickens has then the blue collar atmosphere KSU has. That's it. Really not that hard to understand
7/4 1:29 AM | IP: Logged

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: July 04, 2012, 11:51:11 AM »
They got anti-gravity boots???

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12