Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 373680 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
my grandpa used to have a giant tank of roundup on his 3 wheeler and one in a pickup and on days when there "wasn't as much to do" he drove around and round upp'd all his fence lines to keep cedar out!

But they made good fence posts when there were no trees anywhere
I ask this with all due respect and seriousness…did he die of cancer? Lot of those guys who were exposed to Roundup 24/7/365 have.
Pretty sure it's Parkinson's not cancer....or both. My aunt and uncle who are full time farmers  have Parkinson's.

They also had a giant tank of Roundup on the back of a three wheeler.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
my grandpa used to have a giant tank of roundup on his 3 wheeler and one in a pickup and on days when there "wasn't as much to do" he drove around and round upp'd all his fence lines to keep cedar out!

I ask this with all due respect and seriousness…did he die of cancer? Lot of those guys who were exposed to Roundup 24/7/365 have.
Pretty sure it's Parkinson's not cancer....or both. My aunt and uncle who are full time farmers  have Parkinson's.

That's awful, sorry man.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
is that a collector's price or a price based on a self serviceable tractor for actual farm use? i would be leery of a buying a car, bike or boat that old with those few of hours if i wanted to actually use it.
Yeah, it's hard to say the buyers' motivations.  True too, that if it's just been sitting for years, getting back in working condition is problematic.

The pre Def stuff is top dollar because guys can work on it. 

fcf can probably speak to used tractor market.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

My dad has basically bathed in roundup the entire time he has been alive and I grew up slopping it around from commercial sprayers and boom rigs and on a tank on a four wheeler I drove around and sprayed things with. Pops has the commercial license for the top grade stuff random farmers couldn’t buy off the rack too. My dad is in his upper 60s now and still no known roundup related diseases (about died a dozen other times from various things as documented in this blog) and so far I seem to not be dead. Really hoping that continues to be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I handled some Tordon in my youth , the reaper is probably coming for me too.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
We had 2,4-D or 2,4,5-T mixed with diesel fuel for brush and thistles.  A soup can to a 3 gal sprayer.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk