Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 378071 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #4275 on: October 01, 2021, 08:17:36 AM »
The crap is Toronto KS????

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #4276 on: October 01, 2021, 09:29:18 AM »
Saw that bad boy.. It's definitely been left outside most of its life and I would guess was a plow truck or something of that nature. still hot AF. I'd bet it goes for $10-15k

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: October 01, 2021, 12:41:26 PM »
$10k for that piece of junk?!? Lol, does it even have heated seats? No thanks!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: October 01, 2021, 08:57:17 PM »
1979 F350 supercab 28k original miles

1979 was the first year Ford made a 4 wheel drive f350 and the last year for this body style.

only 1800 supercab 4x4 f350s were made

I actually owned this for a while.   It was originally yellow and was a Township fire truck.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: October 01, 2021, 09:23:27 PM »
I drove about 8 variations of those ford trucks growing up. my dad owns about 12 ford pickups at any one time. normally all fords because meade ks has a ford dealer. there were some that wouldn't stay running cold and I'd get like long ass ice scrapers and set them between the seat and pedal and run them at like 3k RPM to get them warmed up to drive in the morning in the winter (lmao). dad would buy 3/4 ton ones just to drag some thing around (bale grinder, bull trailer, etc.) and it would just sit there doing nothing 99% of the time. I think I posted ITT but my dad bought one this year to put a round bale hauler on the back of. how TF does that make sense? use some POS to haul a round bale out to wherever.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: October 01, 2021, 09:47:57 PM »
Had a 77 Ford f100 for a while in high school. Why I love the 73-79 years so much. A tree fell on ole blue though. Was hilarious the quirks that old truck had and I loved it. Tom why have you been hiding those hot ass pics sir? I know they aren’t as desired but I love the supercabs and if I could find a 73-79 crew at a decent price I’d jump on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: October 02, 2021, 01:25:37 AM »
Had a 77 Ford f100 for a while in high school. Why I love the 73-79 years so much. A tree fell on ole blue though. Was hilarious the quirks that old truck had and I loved it. Tom why have you been hiding those hot ass pics sir? I know they aren’t as desired but I love the supercabs and if I could find a 73-79 crew at a decent price I’d jump on it

It begs the question, doesn't it: where have all the cowboys gone?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: October 02, 2021, 09:16:26 PM »
I drove about 8 variations of those ford trucks growing up. my dad owns about 12 ford pickups at any one time. normally all fords because meade ks has a ford dealer. there were some that wouldn't stay running cold and I'd get like long ass ice scrapers and set them between the seat and pedal and run them at like 3k RPM to get them warmed up to drive in the morning in the winter (lmao). dad would buy 3/4 ton ones just to drag some thing around (bale grinder, bull trailer, etc.) and it would just sit there doing nothing 99% of the time. I think I posted ITT but my dad bought one this year to put a round bale hauler on the back of. how TF does that make sense? use some POS to haul a round bale out to wherever.
Question. Do you buy like a normal Ford pickup at the dealership then get it modified with the flatbed/round bale hauler thing?

I always assumed you just bought them with the baler carrying thing already on there.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: October 02, 2021, 09:28:34 PM »
Question. Do you buy like a normal Ford pickup at the dealership then get it modified with the flatbed/round bale hauler thing?

I always assumed you just bought them with the baler carrying thing already on there.
Yes, buy them then have them converted to whatever.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: October 02, 2021, 09:53:38 PM »
All this truck talk reminded me of the time when a buddy and I were driving out to Colorado for a bachelor party 5 years ago and decided we would crash at the farm on the way out there.

This was pre windmills and the road was a little dicey in some spots after rains....my friend who was driving ended up getting sucked into the ditch.

This was around 11pm and we were about 4 miles from town and 4 miles from the farm. We tried to dig out for a bit but got nowhere and had to wait for my cousin to come pull us out the next morning.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: October 02, 2021, 09:55:32 PM »
My cousin shows up with the round bale hauling truck and we were unstuck in like 3 minutes.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #4287 on: October 03, 2021, 11:14:37 AM »
Yep. Happened to me before cellphones country cruising around Wellington. Long ass walk to town or knock on the farmer's door for a tractor assist. We opted for the farmer and didn't have to tell our parents.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: October 03, 2021, 05:23:22 PM »
Did you guys pay or offer to pay him?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #4289 on: October 04, 2021, 07:51:14 AM »
Whatever we had in our wallets (wouldn't have been much) and the beer we hid in the weeds.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4290 on: October 04, 2021, 09:00:11 AM »
All this truck talk reminded me of the time when a buddy and I were driving out to Colorado for a bachelor party 5 years ago and decided we would crash at the farm on the way out there.

This was pre windmills and the road was a little dicey in some spots after rains....my friend who was driving ended up getting sucked into the ditch.

This was around 11pm and we were about 4 miles from town and 4 miles from the farm. We tried to dig out for a bit but got nowhere and had to wait for my cousin to come pull us out the next morning.

My sister's bf (now my brother in law) did something like this once. Wanted to go down "The Bottom Road." Sister told him it probably wouldn't be a good idea but he went anyway. Dad had to bring the tractor to extract his pickup from the morass.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: October 09, 2021, 10:40:40 PM »
Some guys get stuck.  Some guys drive a little too fast on rock roads and t bone the smallest concrete bridge in the Township.  This was today near the farm.  Impressive response from the county... ambulance,  fire truck, 3 sheriff's cars.

Tom

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: October 09, 2021, 11:18:54 PM »
Looks like a Toyota.. can’t say I’m surprised

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: October 10, 2021, 02:40:56 PM »
I did that in a 2001 explorer and the impact flipped it on the roof. I think I blacked out for a bit because I remember hitting it and kind of "woke up" suspended by the seatbelt. All the windows were blown out and it took two days before I found the last of four dogs that were in the back. I only had that car for a month!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: October 10, 2021, 04:46:53 PM »
My dad sent me some pictures of him helping some people he knows with harvest.

He loves it, will just ask everyone he knows if they need help because he is retired and bored then just drive the combine that drives itself or haul a grain cart.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: October 10, 2021, 04:51:26 PM »
Also you know that 240 acres of pasture at the cat ranch that was broke out into farmland? The Milo on it was crap and is going to end up getting baled into feed instead of harvested.

My dad blames our tenant who picked some variety that could get sprayed with some herbicide to kill any grass that grew up. Long story short only like 20% of it headed/seeded out.

The Milo on our irrigated circle is looking juicy AF tho and will get harvested next week.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: October 10, 2021, 05:11:33 PM »
He irrigated milo????

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: October 10, 2021, 05:19:20 PM »
Also you know that 240 acres of pasture at the cat ranch that was broke out into farmland? The Milo on it was crap and is going to end up getting baled into feed instead of harvested.

My dad blames our tenant who picked some variety that could get sprayed with some herbicide to kill any grass that grew up. Long story short only like 20% of it headed/seeded out.

The Milo on our irrigated circle is looking juicy AF tho and will get harvested next week.

This isn’t going to eff up your pheasant population will it?!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: October 10, 2021, 06:03:20 PM »
Posted in dog thread.  Tater got his first combine ride during Corn harvest.

Tom