Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 378049 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
thats like the bobby bonilla contract but for a bridge.. amazing

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
I need to see this picture. awesome
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You have to factor in sentimental value for an old 5 mph wooden bridge like that.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
The Bonilla Bridge

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
So does the state of KS and by extension us, the tax payers of KS, actually own the bridge?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
So does the state of KS and by extension us, the tax payers of KS, actually own the bridge?

nope, just contractually obligated to maintain it for the rest of your lives and your children's lives, and their children, and so on, and so forth for all of eternity.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I may just go burn it to the ground to force all of you Kansans to pay for a new better one. I could do that if I wanted. not a doubt in my mind I could. probably will actually. not really. but maybe? nah.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Maybe I'll convince my dad to not take the offer and just hold it like an appreciating asset. The cost of bridge maintenance and replacement can only go higher. Bet we can squeeze $500k out of all of you when you're old and poor from paying for bridge work your entire lives. Hold you all over the fire. The bridge maintenance requirement fire. Which is hot AF.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
counterpoint, I could probably also convince my dad to agree to letting you all out of the agreement in exchange for four bitcoins to be divided amongst his four heirs. then I'd have another bitcoin. which would rule bigtime.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Cow Mafia is strong AF.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
you want to hear some farm mafia stuff? there is a wooden bridge just in the middle of our ranch over a creek bed that you can drive over. it has a sign on it that says "5 MPH" and it's kept up by the state. so you're driving through just grass for miles and miles and all of a sudden there's a sign that says "5 mph" and a wooden bridge you can drive over for no reason. Like 70 years ago they got dirt or sand or some crap or something else off our property in exchange for them building this bridge they drove over and agreeing to keep it up after they did it? something like that. they tried to back out of this agreement 50 years ago and like our ranch sued them and won and they have to keep up this bridge to nowhere in the middle of nowhere for no reason for eternity. well, it's in bad shape and needs to be replaced. so the state called my dad and offered him $200k to get out of the agreement. literally nobody has driven over this thing for the last 50 years and not even cows walk across it because the creek is dry AF. my dad said he'd have to run it by his attorney.
:ROFL: that is some true old timer farmer mafia crap

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
It's good to have land.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #3837 on: April 21, 2021, 08:30:46 PM »
If ya’ll think the Bonilla deal is nuts, check out the St Louis ABA/NBA merger TV rights stuff
:adios:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Is this a live look at Aggieville after last call? I'm confused.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is this a live look at Aggieville after last call? I'm confused.
YOU SON OF A BITCH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
A Texas "longhorn" tries to distance himself from his bovine past. You hate to see it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Diesel truck / pickup experts (we only had gas trucks back on the farm) - how long does a diesel pickup truck need to idle in the morning before you get in it to drive somewhere? My redneck neighbors will let their trucks idle for about 20 minutes before getting in them to drive to work (even when it isn't 20 below). It fills the block with diesel fumes which are fine I guess.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Like 30 seconds
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/heil_rob/status/1384974140419936256?s=19
Back in the day "Steer-a-year" was an Ahearn Fund gifting level.   I have a plaque somewhere when I was at my peak exuberance for LHC Bill Snyder.  I think it was like $600 a year which roughly equated to the value of a fat steer long ago.  Must have carried on the tradition here in some way.  Would be interesting to know the details.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
bridge update: you kansans are probably going to be off the hook for bridge maintenance for your entire lives within a week. in discussing this bridge I have discovered that some local photographer knows of it and has asked permission and had their clients senior pictures taken under it or next to it or something for years. apparently it's cool for that though I have no real recollection of it being cool looking. also, once we agree with the state the plan is to take a loader and knock it down and just make a giant pile of old bridge wood and parts for some reason OR see if some local dumbass wants to come take it down and remove it in exchange for them getting to keep all the bridge pieces and whatever.

me - "Why are you going to knock it down?"
dad - [some fantastical hypothetical where there is a giant washout and the bridge being old and wooden is washed down stream for like 8 miles to where the road crosses our property and the bridge somehow blocks the road and we would be responsible for then clearing the road]
me - ........

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
bridge update: you kansans are probably going to be off the hook for bridge maintenance for your entire lives within a week. in discussing this bridge I have discovered that some local photographer knows of it and has asked permission and had their clients senior pictures taken under it or next to it or something for years. apparently it's cool for that though I have no real recollection of it being cool looking. also, once we agree with the state the plan is to take a loader and knock it down and just make a giant pile of old bridge wood and parts for some reason OR see if some local dumbass wants to come take it down and remove it in exchange for them getting to keep all the bridge pieces and whatever.

dad - [some fantastical hypothetical where there is a giant washout and the bridge being old and wooden is washed down stream for like 8 miles to where the road crosses our property and the bridge somehow blocks the road and we would be responsible for then clearing the road]
me - ........
This is a great bridge story, SD.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

me - ........
Some quick internet sleuthing reveals that there are only like 4 Bridges in SD farm county and one of them is listed as intact but closed to traffic since 1953....

Is this the beautiful wooden bridge?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'll figure this thing out!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile