Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1373132 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #14950 on: July 08, 2022, 10:18:14 PM »
^ elite BBS work

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14951 on: July 08, 2022, 10:18:44 PM »
still a really good deal on my ticket  :cool:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14952 on: July 08, 2022, 10:19:22 PM »
still a really good deal on my ticket  :cool:

yes, wild right now. double boner booking.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14953 on: July 10, 2022, 02:58:59 AM »
nancy neg: 4.5 hr layover at ord tomorrow
peggy po: first time in a dreamliner
nancy neg: not business class tho
peggy po: not coach either

I hope you got yourself some Garrett Popcorn, the best thing in any airport, anywhere.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14954 on: July 10, 2022, 05:32:37 AM »
departing gate from ord was right next to gE legend tortas frontera

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14955 on: July 10, 2022, 02:52:58 PM »
Banff must sees/dos and pro-tips, please.  Going in a couple weeks.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14956 on: July 10, 2022, 02:55:06 PM »
Banff must sees/dos and pro-tips, please.  Going in a couple weeks.

i saw a wolf there (or near there).  it was pretty cool, so i'd try to do that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #14957 on: July 11, 2022, 03:55:21 AM »
Airline delays/cancellations right now are a monster PITA. Good lord.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #14958 on: July 11, 2022, 08:42:44 AM »
Airline delays/cancellations right now are a monster PITA. Good lord.

Yep, I've thought about booking 2 short trips this summer and passed on both because of my experience earlier this summer and from what i hear from everyone else. I despise dealing with airports anyway so i can't handle it when its like this. Have a fall trip planned so hopefully some of this shakes out a bit after summer.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #14959 on: July 11, 2022, 01:46:06 PM »
Hey SD. Working on my Omaha weekend. Storm Chaser game question. The Saturday game is Bobby Witt Jr bobble head night and its like almost sold out. Lil SF would love a BW Jr bobblehead but they have like 1500 of them and I foresee a million kids and huge losers getting in line 4 hours before the game to get one. This is what is going to happen right? I really don't want to do that which leads to my next question. I will prob just go the night before which will be less crowded and just not tell lil SF about the bobblehead thingy until he hears about it at the stadium. Anyhoo, where should we sit? I would like to have a good seat and pound giant Miller Lites with Mrs SF while the kids run around. Any seating tips are appreciated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14960 on: July 11, 2022, 01:55:36 PM »
lmao it's a minor league park sit wherever or next to the carnival bounce house (I'm guessing)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #14961 on: July 11, 2022, 02:31:26 PM »
lmao it's a minor league park sit wherever or next to the carnival bounce house (I'm guessing)

It is almost sold out and I don't want to sit next to that thing Rusty  :curse:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14962 on: July 11, 2022, 02:33:52 PM »
Hey SD. Working on my Omaha weekend. Storm Chaser game question. The Saturday game is Bobby Witt Jr bobble head night and its like almost sold out. Lil SF would love a BW Jr bobblehead but they have like 1500 of them and I foresee a million kids and huge losers getting in line 4 hours before the game to get one. This is what is going to happen right? I really don't want to do that which leads to my next question. I will prob just go the night before which will be less crowded and just not tell lil SF about the bobblehead thingy until he hears about it at the stadium. Anyhoo, where should we sit? I would like to have a good seat and pound giant Miller Lites with Mrs SF while the kids run around. Any seating tips are appreciated.

there will for sure be a giant line of people getting that bobble head. we always sit behind home plate because it's equal distance to either side and the various food and drink and also the best view and also every ticket in the entire place is like $10 so just get good ones.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #14963 on: July 11, 2022, 02:44:43 PM »

there will for sure be a giant line of people getting that bobble head. we always sit behind home plate because it's equal distance to either side and the various food and drink and also the best view and also every ticket in the entire place is like $10 so just get good ones.

yep, def going friday. The saturday game with the bobble is almost sold out with tix going for double on stub hub. ha

Thank you friend

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14964 on: July 11, 2022, 04:29:32 PM »
Kauai with the fam Jul 13 - Jul 23.

4 first class tix OMA-DEN-LIH on United. Lie flats DEN-LIH leg. All on points booked right when the calendar opened on saver rates
5 nights in a 2br deluxe suite at Grand Hyatt all on points
5 nights in a 2br airbnb in hanalei on cash. booked in deep covid and have a steal.
rented a full size SUV for the entirety at the same time for almost nothing and it's outrageous what it would cost me to rent it if I was booking today
4 tix SW LIH-LAS-OMA on the way back (nightmare fuel here, but was cheap AF)

terrified any of the above are going to try to last minute cancel me somehow because they can book any of that for WAY more value/$ than I have them for.

bad news, our deluxe suite booking at 50k hyatt a night and two queen room at 25k hyatt a night cannot come through because they have no more connecting suite/rooms  :frown:

good news, they told me to just cancel my two queen room and get 125k hyatt points back and they'd upgrade us to the royal suite with plenty of rooms/beds.  :surprised:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #14965 on: July 11, 2022, 04:35:24 PM »

4 first class tix OMA-DEN-LIH on United. Lie flats DEN-LIH leg. All on points booked right when the calendar opened on saver rates
5 nights in a 2br airbnb in hanalei on cash. booked in deep covid and have a steal.
rented a full size SUV for the entirety at the same time for almost nothing and it's outrageous what it would cost me to rent it if I was booking today

terrified any of the above are going to try to last minute cancel me somehow because they can book any of that for WAY more value/$ than I have them for.

bad news, our deluxe suite booking at 50k hyatt a night and two queen room at 25k hyatt a night cannot come through because they have no more connecting suite/rooms  :frown:

good news, they told me to just cancel my two queen room and get 125k hyatt points back and they'd upgrade us to the royal suite with plenty of rooms/beds.  :surprised:

Whoa. That is awesome. So you are getting like 1.5 nights for free and a fancy upgrade. Good on them. I thought this was going to be a "hey, you booked this too good and we have people that want to pay real money so we are moving you to the room next to the ice machine" type of thing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14966 on: July 11, 2022, 04:54:48 PM »

Whoa. That is awesome. So you are getting like 1.5 nights for free and a fancy upgrade. Good on them. I thought this was going to be a "hey, you booked this too good and we have people that want to pay real money so we are moving you to the room next to the ice machine" type of thing.

the entire 5 nights back for the regular room we were connecting to the suite, and yes.  :drool:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14967 on: July 12, 2022, 03:46:43 PM »
United's app is the GOAT of airline apps

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14968 on: July 12, 2022, 05:50:11 PM »
100%. Delta sucks so hard in comparison

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14969 on: July 12, 2022, 07:38:38 PM »

IDK what's going on with the app, it used to be pretty decent, but whatever update they sent out months ago has made it just awful. I don't get it
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14970 on: July 12, 2022, 08:02:57 PM »

IDK what's going on with the app, it used to be pretty decent, but whatever update they sent out months ago has made it just awful. I don't get it

I mean I guess you can check into a flight and see your miles? But good luck changing or booking.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14971 on: July 12, 2022, 10:39:48 PM »

Yessir

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14972 on: July 14, 2022, 06:09:12 AM »

I mean I guess you can check into a flight and see your miles? But good luck changing or booking.
Literally just trying to see flight options

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14973 on: July 14, 2022, 04:41:54 PM »
I figured that on average I've taken between 15 to 20 airline trips a year for the past 25 years or so. 

Yesterday was my first aborted landing attempt, SWAir, Love Field (I hate SWAir, but for this trip I'm wasn't buying the tickets, the company was, and company says lowest fare offered must be chosen, unless special circumstances are involved and "I hate SWAir" is not valid for the comment section of the expense).

We were down very low on final about to touch down and suddenly we're being blasted out of there up to altitude.  Pilot said bad tailwind and they actually changed the whole pattern right after that. 

A little sporty.

Thankfully we weren't arrested as we got of the plane for the aborted attempt.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14974 on: July 14, 2022, 05:49:55 PM »

Literally just trying to see flight options

And that's what I'm saying, all that used to work really well, but now it's super buggy after some update they sent out, I don't get. I have major issues just signing in, you can do it, you just gotta know the way, which is not how it used to be.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla