Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 320320 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #500 on: October 03, 2013, 10:17:10 AM »
i thought k-s-u was trying to carve out a role for himself as the rational superconservative poster.  i guess i was wrong.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 03, 2013, 10:22:46 AM »
I'm not dodging a question.  I agree that Congress wants better benefits than those offered by Obamacare.  I'm saying there's nothing wrong with that.  Just like there's nothing wrong with them wanting better pay than minimum wage.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 03, 2013, 10:38:28 AM »
So my employer subsidizes the crap out of whatever insurance I buy. They also subsidize the crap out of the insurance bought by the people in my company who make way more money than congressmen. Why, exactly, should the congressmen's employer not subsidize the cost of their insurance?  Because it is taxpayer money?
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 03, 2013, 10:42:07 AM »
I'm not dodging a question.  I agree that Congress wants better benefits than those offered by Obamacare.  I'm saying there's nothing wrong with that.  Just like there's nothing wrong with them wanting better pay than minimum wage.

That analogy fails because you are once again ignoring the nature of Obamacare. Obamacare requires that people purchase insurance, an expensive product made more expensive by the fact that Obamacare mandates certain minimum levels of coverage. Yet the subsidies that Congress chose to dole out to these poor slobs, to help cover some of the cost of the policies, are far less than the generous subsidies members of Congress receive - subsidies that Congress lobbied the President to protect despite the anti-hypocrisy provision in the law which they inserted, and was intended to require that they participate in Obamacare, in the same manner, with the same subsidies, as all of the common folk they were foisting Obamacare on. If you can't understand this, I give up. :facepalm:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 03, 2013, 10:42:40 AM »
So my employer subsidizes the crap out of whatever insurance I buy. They also subsidize the crap out of the insurance bought by the people in my company who make way more money than congressmen. Why, exactly, should the congressmen's employer not subsidize the cost of their insurance?  Because it is taxpayer money?

Did your employer craft Obamacare? You're missing the point.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 03, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »

That analogy fails because you are once again ignoring the nature of Obamacare. Obamacare requires that people purchase insurance, an expensive product made more expensive by the fact that Obamacare mandates certain minimum levels of coverage. Yet the subsidies that Congress chose to dole out to these poor slobs, to help cover some of the cost of the policies, are far less than the generous subsidies members of Congress receive - subsidies that Congress lobbied the President to protect despite the anti-hypocrisy provision in the law which they inserted, and was intended to require that they participate in Obamacare, in the same manner, with the same subsidies, as all of the common folk they were foisting Obamacare on. If you can't understand this, I give up. :facepalm:

So you don't think we should employ insurance to congressmen? They should just be on the hook for that themselves?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 03, 2013, 10:47:25 AM »
In more hilarious news, here's a handy moniker to remember the Obamacare national hotline: 1-800-F1U-CKYO. :lol: Satan has a sense of humor.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:50:48 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 03, 2013, 10:50:13 AM »

So you don't think we should employ insurance to congressmen? They should just be on the hook for that themselves?

No, they should receive the same subsidies for their over-inflated Obamacare plans as everyone else, which was the point of the anti-hypocrisy provision they themselves inserted in the bill, and then had to go running to the Obama Admin to craft a rule fixing their conundrum. I feel like I've explained this about 20 trillion times....

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 03, 2013, 10:50:35 AM »

Did your employer craft Obamacare? You're missing the point.

So what? I don't think there is a point there. Do other federal government employees pay the full price of their insurance, or does their employer subsidize it somewhat? :don'tcare:

Whether said insurance is bought through a private insurer or an ACA exchange seems inconsequential.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 03, 2013, 10:52:49 AM »
Is the anti-hipocracy provision the thing that LSOC quoted  a page or so ago? If so, there isn't anything there stipulating what part of that they need to pay themselves.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 03, 2013, 10:53:11 AM »

No, they should receive the same subsidies for their over-inflated Obamacare plans as everyone else, which was the point of the anti-hypocrisy provision they themselves inserted in the bill, and then had to go running to the Obama Admin to craft a rule fixing their conundrum. I feel like I've explained this about 20 trillion times....

Who are you referring to when you say "everyone else"? My employer pays for my insurance in its entirety.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 03, 2013, 10:55:48 AM »

Who are you referring to when you say "everyone else"? My employer pays for my insurance in its entirety.

The people who don't get their insurance through their employer. As I've said before, not everyone has to purchase their healthcare on the individual market, and those who receive it through their employers aren't eligible for subsidies anyway.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 03, 2013, 11:05:07 AM »

The people who don't get their insurance through their employer. As I've said before, not everyone has to purchase their healthcare on the individual market, and those who receive it through their employers aren't eligible for subsidies anyway.

I agree with K-S-U, those people should receive larger subsidies.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 03, 2013, 11:17:36 AM »

Exactly. That, or maybe subsidies wouldn't have been necessary if we hadn't mandated minimum coverage levels and guaranteed issue, thereby raising premiums. Oh crap, that was the whole point of Obamacare! Never mind. Let's just go back to what we've got, and face that fact that members of Congress who crafted this turd just shouldn't have to pay nearly as much as the serfs, because they're special. Gotta avoid that "brain drain" and all....

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 03, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »

Exactly. That, or maybe subsidies wouldn't have been necessary if we hadn't mandated minimum coverage levels and guaranteed issue, thereby raising premiums. Oh crap, that was the whole point of Obamacare! Never mind. Let's just go back to what we've got, and face that fact that members of Congress who crafted this turd just shouldn't have to pay nearly as much as the serfs, because they 're special have jobs of a level that should reasonably expect to have insurance paid as part of the benefits package. Gotta avoid that "brain drain" and all....

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 03, 2013, 11:27:02 AM »
i thought k-s-u was trying to carve out a role for himself as the rational superconservative poster.  i guess i was wrong.

Where did you ever get that idea?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 03, 2013, 11:27:41 AM »

Agreed.  K-S-U hit it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 03, 2013, 11:36:57 AM »

Exactly. That, or maybe subsidies wouldn't have been necessary if we hadn't mandated minimum coverage levels and guaranteed issue, thereby raising premiums. Oh crap, that was the whole point of Obamacare! Never mind. Let's just go back to what we've got, and face that fact that members of Congress who crafted this turd just shouldn't have to pay nearly as much as the serfs, because they're special. Gotta avoid that "brain drain" and all....

If Obamacare is repealed we should make it mandatory Congress take the previous minimum insurance. (no insurance)

If it's good enough for the public, it should be good enough for Congress. We are going to fix America, K-S-U.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 03, 2013, 11:39:31 AM »

If Obamacare is repealed we should make it mandatory Congress take the previous minimum insurance. (no insurance)

If it's good enough for the public, it should be good enough for Congress. We are going to fix America, K-S-U.

Yeah. It would be less than a month before we had single payer healthcare under that scenario.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 03, 2013, 11:44:21 AM »

please learn what the 27th Amendment is
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 03, 2013, 11:53:26 AM »

If Obamacare is repealed, how about members of Congress be permitted to purchase whatever insurance they want, at whatever price they can get, without subsidies? Fair compromise?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 03, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »

Where did you ever get that idea?

Sheesh... I'm a moderate.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 03, 2013, 11:56:30 AM »

I agree with this. Congress is supposed to be a voluntary service performed by people interested in public service for a short time. It's become a very lucrative self serving career and just the opposite of public service.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 03, 2013, 11:57:04 AM »

If Obamacare is repealed, how about members of Congress be permitted to purchase whatever insurance they want, at whatever price they can get, without subsidies? Fair compromise?

You better not let their employer pay for it!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 03, 2013, 01:51:49 PM »
In more hilarious news, here's a handy moniker to remember the Obamacare national hotline: 1-800-F1U-CKYO. :lol: Satan has a sense of humor.

good grief dude