Author Topic: Wild Wildcats in NFL Draft  (Read 283285 times)

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Wildcats in 2013 NFL Draft
« Reply #575 on: May 15, 2013, 08:32:28 AM »
Angelo gettin some love from Big Mike McCarthy!!! :love: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/free-agent-back-pease-draws-notice-at-packers-camp-tg9tgrm-207019151.html?ipad=y

Maybe a nice trick play this season where they do a halfback pass and Pease throws it to Jordy for a TD?  :dance:
:facepalm:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 15, 2013, 08:38:18 AM »
Angelo gettin some love from Big Mike McCarthy!!! :love: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/free-agent-back-pease-draws-notice-at-packers-camp-tg9tgrm-207019151.html?ipad=y

Good for Angelo. I always love him.

Like I said about James Johnson, Pease will be more successful in the NFL than in college. Hopefully I'm not wrong again.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 15, 2013, 03:53:49 PM »

Like I said about James Johnson, Pease will be more successful in the NFL than in college. Hopefully I'm not wrong again.

I hope you're correct again as well, what trait(s) translate so well to the pros and not utilized by Snyds?   :dunno:

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 15, 2013, 06:13:05 PM »

I bet you're right about him. We couldn't really see what Angelo was capable of with Klein taking snaps and Hubes running the ball. I hope like hell he ends up beating out Lacy and Franklin for playing time. I think Harris will probably start at RB for the pack this season but who knows with Big Mike, hell he'll play 3 different backs consistently in a game if it's working for him

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 15, 2013, 06:53:53 PM »

I bet you're right about him. We couldn't really see what Angelo was capable of with Klein taking snaps and Hubes running the ball. I hope like hell he ends up beating out Lacy and Franklin for playing time. I think Harris will probably start at RB for the pack this season but who knows with Big Mike, hell he'll play 3 different backs consistently in a game if it's working for him
DEMO 158!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 18, 2013, 01:10:48 PM »

I hope you're correct again as well, what trait(s) translate so well to the pros and not utilized by Snyds?   :dunno:

Pease chose the absolute worst team to sign with. No shot

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 23, 2013, 09:24:20 PM »
4 years!  :ksu: :ksu: :ksu:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 25, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 25, 2013, 09:53:34 PM »
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 25, 2013, 10:13:09 PM »
Good for Arthur. Hopefully he has a good first 3 years then gets a nice fat veteran contract.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 27, 2013, 08:39:24 PM »
Good for Arthur. Hopefully he has a good first 3 years then gets a nice fat veteran contract.

I hope he steps right into Ray's shoes and keeps the tradition going.  If Ngata is healthy and Dumerville regains his form they could still be a formidable D for the foreseeable future...
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 27, 2013, 08:54:23 PM »

I hope he steps right into Ray's shoes and keeps the tradition going.  If Ngata is healthy and Dumerville regains his form they could still be a formidable D for the foreseeable future...

I don't really GAF about the team around him, I just want to see AB do well.   But I guess he needs support.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 06, 2013, 07:18:15 PM »
Steelers placed CB Justin King (hamstring) on injured reserve, ending his season.

King landed a $715,000 reserve/futures contract with the Steelers in January despite grading out as one of the worst corners in the league over the last two years. He was far from guaranteed to make the final 53, but now the Steelers will likely have to carry that $715K on the books for the season. Undrafted Kansas State rookie CB Nigel Malone has been added to the roster.

Source: Ed Bouchette on Twitter Jun 6 - 9:37 AM

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 08, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »
Steelers placed CB Justin King (hamstring) on injured reserve, ending his season.

King landed a $715,000 reserve/futures contract with the Steelers in January despite grading out as one of the worst corners in the league over the last two years. He was far from guaranteed to make the final 53, but now the Steelers will likely have to carry that $715K on the books for the season. Undrafted Kansas State rookie CB Nigel Malone has been added to the roster.

Source: Ed Bouchette on Twitter Jun 6 - 9:37 AM

:)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 03, 2013, 10:10:05 PM »
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel says it "wouldn't be a surprise" if undrafted RB Angelo Pease "hangs around" either on the 53-man roster or practice squad.

Pease, a former quarterback and backup college running back at Kansas State, carried the ball just 95 times for 480 yards in his NCAA career, but his college coaches say he's just now starting to "grasp" the running back position. Pease faces an uphill battle for an active roster spot, but beat writer Tyler Dunne thinks it's conceivable he could stick on the practice squad.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Couldn't be happier he's proving me wrong.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 03, 2013, 10:28:28 PM »
Even our backups make the NFL.  Eff yeah!

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 03, 2013, 10:29:19 PM »
Even our backups make the NFL.  Eff yeah!

Well, ya, ask William Powell.

Offline meSACKwilliams

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 04, 2013, 12:32:16 AM »
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel says it "wouldn't be a surprise" if undrafted RB Angelo Pease "hangs around" either on the 53-man roster or practice squad.

Pease, a former quarterback and backup college running back at Kansas State, carried the ball just 95 times for 480 yards in his NCAA career, but his college coaches say he's just now starting to "grasp" the running back position. Pease faces an uphill battle for an active roster spot, but beat writer Tyler Dunne thinks it's conceivable he could stick on the practice squad.

Wouldn't be surprising. He got there at the right time when the Packers practically pitched their previous running squad

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 04, 2013, 12:45:52 AM »
I liked Pease. Would had liked him for one more year to spell Hubert as well, but it is what it is.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 04, 2013, 12:11:29 PM »
I liked Pease. Would had liked him for one more year to spell Hubert as well, but it is what it is.

RB is one position I'm not the least bit worried about for next season.  We have studs for days.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 05, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »

Wouldn't be surprising. He got there at the right time when the Packers practically pitched their previous running squad

A team typically carries three RB's. They drafted two pretty good ones leaving Pease to duke it out with a couple solid guys in James Starks and Alex Lee. It was really one of the worst backfields, from a free agents standpoint, that he could have picked.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 23, 2013, 01:59:04 PM »
that is so rough ridin' awesome

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 24, 2013, 01:16:55 PM »
So, a quick update on our guys

Jerell Childs - Was in Mini camp with Oakland...looks to be a teacher/coach now and seems to have moved past his playing days.

Travis Tannehill - Still in camp with the Browns, listed as #5 on their TE Depth chart, hasn't caught a pass this preseason

Justin Tuggle - Currently 3rd on the DC for the Texans @ one of the OLB spots. Has made 3 tackles, all solo in his 2 preseason games to this point.

Ryan Doerr - Waived by the Broncos on Aug 14th...they seem to have reached an injury settlement with him, from what I can find, he was punting in practice as late as Aug 12th, but I can't find specifics about his injury, or if he has signed anywhere since

Meshak Williams - Has recorded 3 total tackled for the Ravens in their 3 preseason games so far. The Ravens have added a pic to him on their bio page within the last week or so, so maybe that is a good sign for 'shak? (http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/roster/Meshak-Williams/9ee7a741-dfca-49a8-b219-e3be096858c9)

Angelo Pease - As noted above, it still looks good for AP to make the Packers squad as their RB 4/5 behind Lacy, Franklin, Harris & Green...rumor is the Pack are looking to trade away James Starks, if that happens I think he makes the 53 man...if they can't trade him/don't want to release him, I think they try to get AP on their practice squad. They aren't using him much in games, I think they are trying to hide him to enhance their chances of getting him to the practice squad. 2 Games, 3 Attempts, -6 yards + 1 Rec for 4 yds.

Allen Chapman -   The Colts play their 3rd preseason game tonight...through 2 games, he has 5 tackles, all solo.

Nigel Malone - Nigel is already on his 3rd team...after initially signing w/ the Colts, they cut him in order to sign Chapman (irony), he was then picked up by the Steelers, who waived him before camp started, and was picked up on waivers by the Broncos on Aug-1. They picked him up the day after Rogers-Cromartie suffered an ankle injury, he may just be roster filler as he has appeared in both Bronco preseason games, but hasn't recorded a tackle as of yet.

Anthony Cantele - AC was in mini camp with the Bucs in early May, and that's about all the info I can find...he lists himself as a FA on his twitter account, so, yea.

Collin Klein - Supposedly the Texans "Really liked what they saw" out of Klein, just not enough to sign him. This didn't stop the Topps trading card company from assuming he'd get signed and printing his 2013 Bowman cards w/ the Texans logo (below). Supposedly the two sides have maintained contact, but it looks like without an injury, the Texcats are OK w/ what they have @ QB going into the season. CK is back in KS running QB camps in the time being...personally, I think if he wants to be a QB only, he's going to have to go to Canada and play and hope for a Flutieesque career arc.

Chris Harper - Complete Boss/Stud CH was helped out his rookie season by an injury to Percy Harvin that will sideline him for most, if not all season...the WR corps is still deep in Seattle with Sidney Rice, Golden Tate & Doug Baldwin all sure to see significant PT. He's currently 5th on the DC behing the previously mentioned + Jermaine Kearse. 3 catches, 23 yards so far this preseason, playing mostly in the 2nd half from what I've seen.

Arthur Brown - Other total stud/boss ABJr is currently 3rd on the DC in Baltimore @ the Will (Inside) LB slot. He's behind non total stud/bosses Jameel McClain & Josh Bynes, so there is definitely opportunity (and expectation) for him to move up the chart relatively quick. He is also channeling his inner "Hightower", as seen by this RC card pose.