Author Topic: Official 2013 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 168992 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2013 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #225 on: November 29, 2012, 02:08:34 PM »
Outside The Lines now discussing the Embree firing and  :opcat: college football ADs and boosters. Petrino won't happen like theKSU said, worst fit ever for both parties, but it would be hilarious if they did hire Petrino to watch McCartney burn it down at CU even more than he is now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 29, 2012, 02:12:23 PM »
 :horrorsurprise: CU posted the transcript from the Embree press conference but they redacted Embree's comment about black coaches not being rehired.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2012, 02:13:06 PM »
:horrorsurprise: CU posted the transcript from the Embree press conference but they redacted Embree's comment about black coaches not being rehired.

huh, and here i thought kstate was the only ones to do that.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 29, 2012, 02:13:32 PM »

LOL

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 29, 2012, 02:13:35 PM »
Outside The Lines now discussing the Embree firing and  :opcat: college football ADs and boosters. Petrino won't happen like theKSU said, worst fit ever for both parties, but it would be hilarious if they did hire Petrino to watch McCartney burn it down at CU even more than he is now.

I love it when people who used to have leadership positions get old, don't care about their reputation any longer, so they just say exactly what they want to say, exactly how they want to say it about their former organization.  Gotta love McCartney calling out Colorado if he believes it. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 29, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »

Am I the only onw that had no idea CU had a black coach until today?  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 29, 2012, 02:16:03 PM »

I love it when people who used to have leadership positions get old, don't care about their reputation any longer, so they just say exactly what they want to say, exactly how they want to say it.  Gotta love McCartney calling out Colorado if he believes it.

Christian Fauria now doing the same, he just called for CUs AD to be fired.  The AD has fired 4 coaches in 7 years.

Offline Teddy_Westside

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 29, 2012, 02:18:12 PM »

No.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 29, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »

No.

+1.   I mean, John Embree?   Doesn't sound black.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 29, 2012, 02:23:46 PM »
CUs athletic department is #3 in the country in the amount of financial assistance they receive from the academic side of their school.  How the hell hasn't Mike Bohn been fired yet?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 29, 2012, 02:29:25 PM »

No.

+1.   I mean, John Embree?   Doesn't sound black.

I didn't know until this week.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 29, 2012, 02:50:15 PM »
CUs athletic department is #3 in the country in the amount of financial assistance they receive from the academic side of their school.  How the hell hasn't Mike Bohn been fired yet?

:sdeek: If I were their faculty I'd hate sports too.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2012, 02:54:32 PM »

I love it when people who used to have leadership positions get old, don't care about their reputation any longer, so they just say exactly what they want to say, exactly how they want to say it.  Gotta love McCartney calling out Colorado if he believes it.

Christian Fauria now doing the same, he just called for CUs AD to be fired.  The AD has fired 4 coaches in 7 years.

Barnett, Hawk, Embree, and who else?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2012, 02:56:52 PM »

Did Bohn fire Ricardo?

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2012, 02:59:38 PM »

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
  • SEC! SEC! SEC! (except Tennessee, eff them!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »
But is UT's mindset - and, for that matter, the mindsets of Arkansas, Auburn, Tennessee and Kentucky - a product of arrogance or ignorance?  ....

The TCU fan insecurity in this little story is just absurd and I hate to break it to the author, but TCU is definitely a mid major in the world of college football, stuck in that Boise State area.  In SEC country, they don't even register as a blip on the radar.  Patterson may but the exception to the rule, much like the coach for Butler basketball, but generally these schools are stepping stones for coaches to get into the upper echelon programs, no matter where they are located geographically.  But more likely, he's not the exception to the rule.  He's making the 10th highest salary in the country which is very, very nice.  He likes his money, just like we all do and has been killing it in a weaker conference for years.  It should be interesting to see what he does in the Big 12 going forward and if he can get TCU into the national spotlight.

I'd love to see him at Auburn (we would easily pay more and have the edge on everything football related other than living in a huge metropolis) but it's not going to happen.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
But is UT's mindset - and, for that matter, the mindsets of Arkansas, Auburn, Tennessee and Kentucky - a product of arrogance or ignorance?  ....

The TCU fan insecurity in this little story is just absurd and I hate to break it to the author, but TCU is definitely a mid major in the world of college football, stuck in that Boise State area.  In SEC country, they don't even register as a blip on the radar.  Patterson may but the exception to the rule, much like the coach for Butler basketball, but generally these schools are stepping stones for coaches to get into the upper echelon programs, no matter where they are located geographically.  But more likely, he's not the exception to the rule.  He's making the 10th highest salary in the country which is very, very nice.  He likes his money, just like we all do and has been killing it in a weaker conference for years.  It should be interesting to see what he does in the Big 12 going forward and if he can get TCU into the national spotlight.

I'd love to see him at Auburn (we would easily pay more and have the edge on everything football related other than living in a huge metropolis) but it's not going to happen.

What are rumblings on coaching search?  Seems quiet.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2012, 09:35:50 PM »

ROFL @ the typical SEC arrogance.  If GMFP gets a solid offer from anywhere else, TCU will pony up.  There is no way our boosters let GMFP get away from TCU over money.  You vastly underrate TCU's wealth.  Our stadium renovation was originally supposed to be $115 million but we raised 90% of the money from 4 families.  So it became a $150 million renovation.

TCU has been in the national spotlight and unlike Auburn we don't have to resort to paying our players to do so.   

catzacker

« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2012, 09:38:03 PM »

ROFL @ the typical SEC arrogance.  If GMFP gets a solid offer from anywhere else, TCU will pony up.  There is no way our boosters let GMFP get away from TCU over money.  You vastly underrate TCU's wealth.  Our stadium renovation was originally supposed to be $115 million but we raised 90% of the money from 4 families.  So it became a $150 million renovation.

TCU has been in the national spotlight and unlike Auburn we don't have to resort to paying our players to do so.

hey, who are the TCU richies?  Like OU has that gay guy, osu has T-boone.  What's TCU's?

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2012, 09:42:57 PM »

hey, who are the TCU richies?  Like OU has that gay guy, osu has T-boone.  What's TCU's?

There are several.  We don't have one key person like T Boone. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2012, 06:49:13 AM »
Guy on another board I frequent says Gruden to UTenn is a done deal.  He was slightly ahead of some of the local media reports about contact with Gruden to begin with. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2012, 08:23:56 AM »
Monte Kiffin out at USC
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 30, 2012, 08:36:15 AM »
RIP Fatty

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 30, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »
Monte Kiffin out at USC

Holy crap.  Lane just scape goated the only reason he has a job in the first place?  T's & P's USC fans.  crap is going down.

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
  • SEC! SEC! SEC! (except Tennessee, eff them!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2012, 11:50:33 AM »

That arrogance is well earned.  I had to look up TCU's records to remember what they've done recently.  That is how much you're in the national spotlight.  You don't have to look anywhere to see what the SEC has done, you just have to resort to saying we paid for it and "ROFL"s and saying we paid our players.  Please, at least hit me with our recent Fulmer Cup victory, which we dominated.  18 year old kids being worshipped on a football field, just remember that is what you're putting your efforts into.

$150 million dollar football renovation!  That's super, what will you guys be up to now, 50k seats?  Might match up well with a high school stadium in Texas now.