Author Topic: Official 2013 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 169039 times)

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2013 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #1425 on: January 07, 2014, 04:31:54 PM »
I don't think Jon Gruden will ever coach meaningful football again.

he has no incentive to.  he has a job that will pay him tons of money for longer with better job security.  he probably floats the job rumors to get raises from espn and give his status as a "guru' credibility.  personally I think he sucks as a commentator tho.
Agree with everything but your last statement. I love Gruden as a commentator. Him and Mike Tirico's back and forth blows that shitty Sunday night combo out of the water. My hatred for Collinsworth might make me partially biased though

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 07, 2014, 04:38:37 PM »
He is mean . . .  though.
:nono: I read somewhere he's not mean anymore! Anger management, an epiphany or something like that.  :dunno:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 07, 2014, 06:32:51 PM »

he has no incentive to.  he has a job that will pay him tons of money for longer with better job security.  he probably floats the job rumors to get raises from espn and give his status as a "guru' credibility.  personally I think he sucks as a commentator tho.
Agree with everything but your last statement. I love Gruden as a commentator. Him and Mike Tirico's back and forth blows that shitty Sunday night combo out of the water. My hatred for Collinsworth might make me partially biased though

I know people like him, and he's knowledgable. it's his "golly gee whiz everyone is playing so great" style that irks me. to each his own tho.
emaw

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 07, 2014, 06:52:43 PM »
He seems to be really faking his enthusiasm.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 07, 2014, 07:02:02 PM »
I really don't understand this boards fascination with Mark Mangino. I feel like it started out as some people trolling but other people didn't get that and just latched on. He's a marginal coach who is mean, smelly, ugly, and fat.

I would prefer him to just about every coach currently on our staff, with perhaps the exception of Dickey. He's coached some great offenses, is a good recruiter, and quite honestly did a remarkable job at Kansas. He is mean, smelly, ugly, and fat, though.

Remarkable, you see what his conference record was? How many coaching staffs has he been on and he's only been an OC for two years & that was so long ago we can conclude that what he did at OU was more Stoops and less Mangino. He couldn't even get an OC position at a FCS school.

Have you seen KU's conference record when he wasn't there?

I say his recruiting is what made him most valuable. I bet he gets some nice Iowa Jucos that we may also want.

So we can also call Ron Prince, Lynn Dickey, and Vince Gibson remarkable too? We'll see how well he recruits at ISU, it is certainly his greatest challenge since Iowa doesn't have the community college system that Kansas has.

Ron Prince had a pretty poor conference record compared to the tenures before and after him - not so with Mangino.

You can call Lynn Dickey and Vince Gibson remarkable if you want, I'm not up for studying the rough ridin' Precambrian Era.

I'm not sure you could narrow your criteria any more to make mangino remarkable.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 07, 2014, 07:04:48 PM »
I really don't understand this boards fascination with Mark Mangino. I feel like it started out as some people trolling but other people didn't get that and just latched on. He's a marginal coach who is mean, smelly, ugly, and fat.

I would prefer him to just about every coach currently on our staff, with perhaps the exception of Dickey. He's coached some great offenses, is a good recruiter, and quite honestly did a remarkable job at Kansas. He is mean, smelly, ugly, and fat, though.

Remarkable, you see what his conference record was? How many coaching staffs has he been on and he's only been an OC for two years & that was so long ago we can conclude that what he did at OU was more Stoops and less Mangino. He couldn't even get an OC position at a FCS school.

Have you seen KU's conference record when he wasn't there?

I say his recruiting is what made him most valuable. I bet he gets some nice Iowa Jucos that we may also want.

So we can also call Ron Prince, Lynn Dickey, and Vince Gibson remarkable too? We'll see how well he recruits at ISU, it is certainly his greatest challenge since Iowa doesn't have the community college system that Kansas has.

Ron Prince had a pretty poor conference record compared to the tenures before and after him - not so with Mangino.

You can call Lynn Dickey and Vince Gibson remarkable if you want, I'm not up for studying the rough ridin' Precambrian Era.

I'm not sure you could narrow your criteria any more to make mangino remarkable.

If you aren't impressed with what he did at KU, that's fine. He's still much more attractive as an assistant than just about all of our current assistants.

Are you disputing that, or just my use of the word "remarkable"?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 07, 2014, 07:10:25 PM »
I'll dispute both. I'm not sure what he's accomplished as an assistant that is significantly better than any of our current assistants. Every coach he's worked for had sustained success without him and he's only been a coordinator for 2 seasons. When ISU continues to suck next season I won't blame him for that either.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 07, 2014, 07:20:44 PM »
I'll dispute both. I'm not sure what he's accomplished as an assistant that is significantly better than any of our current assistants. Every coach he's worked for had sustained success without him and he's only been a coordinator for 2 seasons. When ISU continues to suck next season I won't blame him for that either.

OK

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1433 on: January 07, 2014, 10:04:26 PM »
Petrino to Louisville again???
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 07, 2014, 10:11:10 PM »
:thumbs:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 07, 2014, 10:20:45 PM »
That's only because he's a loser, mostly like Auburn's Gene Chizik.  He walked into Superbowl team just as Auburn bought Chizik a MNC.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 07, 2014, 10:23:23 PM »

I like your writing style, JW.  :D

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 07, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »
That's OK cause Paul will.  :cool:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 07, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »
That's only because he's a loser, mostly like Auburn's Gene Chizik.  He walked into Superbowl team just as Auburn bought Chizik a MNC.

I don't believe that's correct but I'm too drunk to do the research.   Tomorrow?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 07, 2014, 10:27:55 PM »
Oh ya.  You forgot he left behind a Super Bowl team. 

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: January 07, 2014, 10:30:44 PM »

I don't believe that's correct but I'm too drunk to do the research.   Tomorrow?
It's just a strong opinion of mind, but I could be wrong; and it won't hurt my feelings if so. 

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 07, 2014, 10:31:51 PM »
Oh ya.  You forgot he left behind a Super Bowl team.
He was fired tho.

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 07, 2014, 11:55:41 PM »

It's just a strong opinion of mind, but I could be wrong; and it won't hurt my feelings if so. 
Yeah you're definitely wrong on this one Katdaddy, Gruden was a stud coach

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 08, 2014, 12:00:36 AM »

Why was he fired?  :whistle1:

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 08, 2014, 12:06:13 AM »

Incompetent General Manager and Owner, Gruden knew he had greener pastures to go to as well. Obviously that was a good decision by the Buccaneers management seeing as how they've made so many playoff runs and Super Bowl appearances since Jon's departure... :facepalm:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 08, 2014, 12:09:29 AM »

Incompetent General Manager and Owner, Gruden knew he had greener pastures to go to as well. Obviously that was a good decision by the Buccaneers management seeing as how they've made so many playoff runs and Super Bowl appearances since Jon's departure... :facepalm:
Yea, but they hired one of our greatest DC's...Ray man.  :fatty:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 08, 2014, 12:21:35 AM »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile