Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 366831 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There's no reason to believe any of the gods exist

Who brought Jon Snow back to life then? Who created that shadow baby?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
It's a fantasy show, so probably magic
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's a fantasy show, so probably magic

Magic has to come from somewhere, dummy. If you say that magic is just there (in nature) then that is the Old Gods of the Forest.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
So which God mad Dany fireproof and the gave the white walkers power to raise zombies.

It's just magic bro, it's so typical that people want to attribute it to a higher power

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I mean, I can't think of anything the many-faced god has done that could not have also been accomplished by a mixture of poison, hallucinogens, and some elbow grease.

What about that face changing ability?

elbow grease

Yep. They are actual faces they apparently rip off of people, so where is the divine intervention there? Ever seen "quick change" magicians?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So which God mad Dany fireproof and the gave the white walkers power to raise zombies.

It's just magic bro, it's so typical that people want to attribute it to a higher power

I'm not claiming to know WHICH god is real, just that some god is real. If I had to guess, I would say the Old Gods because they are more like nature and that could explain all the things. Also the white walkers ARE the zombies. The Others are the ones who are raising them. Maybe the Others are gods (or maybe just their leader). Or aliens.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Fireproof-ability could just be genetic mutation. White walkers could be the lord of light too. That guy is pretty twisted.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I mean, I can't think of anything the many-faced god has done that could not have also been accomplished by a mixture of poison, hallucinogens, and some elbow grease.

elbow grease

Yep. They are actual faces they apparently rip off of people, so where is the divine intervention there? Ever seen "quick change" magicians?

How did they rip the faces off of people who were not dead and not there? Also, seems like they re-use faces a lot. How do they preserve them between uses?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Fireproof-ability could just be genetic mutation. White walkers could be the lord of light too. That guy is pretty twisted.

Dany might be an X-Man.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I thought the zombies were the wights

Always get all those confused.

Anyway, why does there HAVE to be a God for magic to exist?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

elbow grease

How did they rip the faces off of people who were not dead and not there? Also, seems like they re-use faces a lot. How do they preserve them between uses?

I thought they got all the faces from that hall? If you're saying they can impersonate someone who is still alive then I'd just say they have enough of a database by now to have a dead person's face who just looks like the alive person. As for the last question, you can tell they are sticklers for cleanliness, so that's easy.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

OK, sorry you are right. The zombies are wights. The ones creating them are Others (but the Wildlings call Others White Walkers).

Also, if there were no god needed then why did Melisandre need to pray to the Lord of Light to get stuff done?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
How do you know she had to?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Pretty sure Magic by it's definition is supernatural, so it has to originate from outside of nature. Call it whatever you want, but most people tend to refer to that source as a "god." I mean, if it makes you more comfortable you could just call the source some alternate dimension that is somehow accessible from people in the GoT world.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Pretty sure Magic by it's definition is supernatural, so it has to originate from outside of nature. Call it whatever you want, but most people tend to refer to that source as a "god." I mean, if it makes you more comfortable you could just call the source some alternate dimension that is somehow accessible from people in the GoT world.

Actual magic doesn't exist in our world, it does in theirs. It's useless to compare the two

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If magic just exists then who determines who is able to use it?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Who determines if you have any ability? Who determines if you are male or female?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, despite people in both worlds explaining supernatural events by godly intervention, and despite neither population of either world claiming magic exists independent of gods, you're going to say it's useless to compare the two because magic exists there and not here?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Who determines if you have any ability? Who determines if you are male or female?

1. The lord of light
2. The many-faced god

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
So, despite people in both worlds explaining supernatural events by godly intervention, and despite neither population of either world claiming magic exists independent of gods, you're going to say it's useless to compare the two because magic exists there and not here?

This is nonsense, try again

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm just saying, why are you so dismissive about magic existing here, but so convinced it exists in Westeros without divine intervention?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Good grief edna

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hey, if you come in here spouting some radical bs like all the gods are just made up then you'd sure as hell better be prepared to offer some proof.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Read better

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

elbow grease

I thought they got all the faces from that hall? If you're saying they can impersonate someone who is still alive then I'd just say they have enough of a database by now to have a dead person's face who just looks like the alive person. As for the last question, you can tell they are sticklers for cleanliness, so that's easy.

Are you all seriously going to stand there and tell me that you have never watched Tom Cruise in the Mission Impossible movies? THERE'S YOUR rough ridin' ANSWER, YOU IDIOTS.