Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 366791 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
well for example this new puberty-era robert arryn is not merely months removed from breastfeeding.

he breast fed quite a while.

yeah when he was like 10. now it looks like he has a Vale learner's permit

Well pretty much all of the kids have aged more than the actual timeline would allow. Rickon and Bran have definitely aged more than a few months.

Has the actual timeline only advanced a few months? It seems like it should have advanced at least a couple of years.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Didn't Littlefinger convince the people watching the Arryn boy to also go to war against Bolton?  It will be Jon/Sansa/Wildlings (army of 2k) plus the Arryn's men (unknown numbers) vs Bolton's army of 5k. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
well for example this new puberty-era robert arryn is not merely months removed from breastfeeding.

Well pretty much all of the kids have aged more than the actual timeline would allow. Rickon and Bran have definitely aged more than a few months.

Has the actual timeline only advanced a few months? It seems like it should have advanced at least a couple of years.

The best estimate I've read is 2-3 years since the very beginning of the show. But I was just rough estimating a few months since we've seen Bran (in season 4). A few more since we've seen Rickon, I guess.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Didn't Littlefinger convince the people watching the Arryn boy to also go to war against Bolton?  It will be Jon/Sansa/Wildlings (army of 2k) plus the Arryn's men (unknown numbers) vs Bolton's army of 5k.

Yes, but Jon & Sansa don't know that yet and who knows if both armies will meet up at the same time to attack the Boltons. I don't really know how far away the Vale is, but it is possible that Jon/Sansa/Wildlings could arrive to Winterfell much sooner and not have the Vale army as back up.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Do you guys want to hear another theory about how Hodor got to be Hodor?

In Bran's visions, he is actually time travelling (as evidenced by Ned hearing him) and at some point he is going to warg into young Wylis to try to warn his family of the upcoming danger. But for some reason (warging into people is bad, or warging across time is bad) that is going to screw up Wylis' mind and he is going to turn into Hodor...maybe Bran says the word "Hodor" during the warging debacle.  :dunno:

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Warging sucks, stop trying to make warging into every storyline
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's a lot better than the theory that Hodor warged into a horse and got left with a horse brain, anyway.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The best estimate I've read is 2-3 years since the very beginning of the show. But I was just rough estimating a few months since we've seen Bran (in season 4). A few more since we've seen Rickon, I guess.

How old do you think little Sam looked on that ship?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Sys, Dany STOLE her HOME back

(!)

i'm intp-a, so looking for things that don't make sense is a hobby for me.  and when i find them, i don't like them.  the daenerys scene wasn't even the least logical of the episode though.  the small council scene, my god.  they could not possibly be more contemptuous of their audience.  i'm starting to dislike season 6.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah that kid looks years older than the last season. Is that same actor?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Obviously the same actor. I feel like you are watching a different show than the rest of us.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ksuw hating Dany has got to be related to lena dunham somehow

I think that would translate more to lena dunham impersonator Yara greyjoy

I like Yara a lot more than Dany. To be fair, most of my Dany dislike dribbles over from her POV chapters in the books, where her thinking is annoying as crap. But overall, if she was killed and we could focus back on Westeros, about the only character I'd miss would be Mormont.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
mormont is about 10x more annoying than daenerys.  he's one of the most worst people in either the book or show.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
mormont is about 10x more annoying than daenerys.  he's one of the most worst people in either the book or show.

Yes.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I have a feeling that if you aren't teamdany, you are going to like this show less and less in the next year or two.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ksuw hating Dany has got to be related to lena dunham somehow

I think that would translate more to lena dunham impersonator Yara greyjoy

I like Yara a lot more than Dany. To be fair, most of my Dany dislike dribbles over from her POV chapters in the books, where her thinking is annoying as crap. But overall, if she was killed and we could focus back on Westeros, about the only character I'd miss would be Mormont.

wow

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Obviously the same actor. I feel like you are watching a different show than the rest of us.

Yeah, exactly so that kid hasn't aged any more than the actors who play Bran and Rickon; which was exactly my point.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yes.

Well hopefully he dies of greyscale soon.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm thinking it's going to end up being Dany vs Dorne for the Iron Throne.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well hopefully he dies of greyscale soon.

yes, hopefully.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

In Bran's visions, he is actually time travelling (as evidenced by Ned hearing him) and at some point he is going to warg into young Wylis to try to warn his family of the upcoming danger. But for some reason (warging into people is bad, or warging across time is bad) that is going to screw up Wylis' mind and he is going to turn into Hodor...maybe Bran says the word "Hodor" during the warging debacle.  :dunno:

So, Hodor helps Bran get to the tree where Bran learns to time travel, and while time traveling he wargs into Wylis and turns Wylis into Hodor, who later helps Bran get to the tree to learn to time travel?

Come on, guys, he just got kicked in the head by a horse...

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So, Hodor helps Bran get to the tree where Bran learns to time travel, and while time traveling he wargs into Wylis and turns Wylis into Hodor, who later helps Bran get to the tree to learn to time travel?

Come on, guys, he just got kicked in the head by a horse...

It's got to me more complicated than that or they wouldn't have made such a big deal about it.

Also, what do you guys think of the idea that when the Mad King was hearing voices it was actually Bran talking in one of his time traveling visions?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh, look, Ramsay Bolton is still completely dominating Westeros.
#MyGuy Dude just gets crap done.