Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 366811 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
So is this guy an alien or what?

Don't even get me started on this guy!

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Wylis did not come across as a very bright kid in the Bran warging flashback, but something definitely happened to him along the way. He displays signs of PTSD.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
OK, there's another theory about Hodor. When they were kids, Wylis & Benjen went north of the wall and saw something shocking/horrifying.
It was so shocking that it caused Wylis to stop talking (except the word "Hodor" of course). Perhaps he was traumatized so much because he didn't know how to fight (because Old Nan wouldn't let him learn).

It caused Benjen to join the Night's Watch and became a ranger, either because it was so terrible that he wanted to try to help stop it or because he actually met the Night's Queen and joined the rangers to try to find her again........and in fact he did find her and she turned him into Cold Hands.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Don't even get me started on this guy!
I bet it was this rough ridin' thing that mumped up Hodor!

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
OK, there's another theory about Hodor. When they were kids, Wylis & Benjen went north of the wall and saw something shocking/horrifying.
It was so shocking that it caused Wylis to stop talking (except the word "Hodor" of course). Perhaps he was traumatized so much because he didn't know how to fight (because Old Nan wouldn't let him learn).

It caused Benjen to join the Night's Watch and became a ranger, either because it was so terrible that he wanted to try to help stop it or because he actually met the Night's Queen and joined the rangers to try to find her again........and in fact he did find her and she turned him into Cold Hands.

Hodor probably met his real parents (giants, obvs) and then witnessed them having sex.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Warging is stupid. Having Warging be super common is even stupider

There are up to 4 people in all of Westeros and Essos that might be wargs. 2 of them were born like 50 years ago and 2 of them were born within the last 20 years. So, not that common.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
say what you want about warging, but that prologue chapter in a D with D with Varamyr was awesome

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

I remember something about this guy actually being a member of the Knights Watch some like 1000 years ago and he's been biding his time after a huge battle. IDK but it is probably awesome and crap is gonna get real. I think he ate a bad sandwich or something and left the wall. Also a girl was involved or something.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
yeah isn't he a Stark or something

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
iirc, he was one of the first commanders of the night watch.  Found a wildling girl, when north to be with her.  Abandoned his job, or something.  Also, I also think I remember them making reference to the fact that they think he was a stark.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He is the Night's King. He was a LC of the Night's Watch 1000 years ago (or so). He went North and met a white walker woman (Night's Queen) and she turned him into that thing. Then he went back to the Wall to rule as the Night's King for a while until he was ousted.

Some people think he was a Stark. (Others don't.) Some people think that there isn't really just one Night's King, but that the Night's Queen chooses a new Night's King every once in a while....and some people think she chose Benjen Stark....and some people think she's about to choose Jon Snow.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Some people think he was a Stark. (Others don't.) Some people think that there isn't really just one Night's King, but that the Night's Queen chooses a new Night's King every once in a while....and some people think she chose Benjen Stark....and some people think she's about to choose Jon Snow.

you mean some people in westeros or some people on planet earth?

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
you bozos better not be bringing book nonsense into this thread.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i thought this thread was for people who were confused by the book, not people never picked up a book

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
He is the Night's King. He was a LC of the Night's Watch 1000 years ago (or so). He went North and met a white walker woman (Night's Queen) and she turned him into that thing. Then he went back to the Wall to rule as the Night's King for a while until he was ousted.

A surprising lack of warging in your discussion. Was like 90% sure you were gonna say he was a warg who accidentally went into an icicle.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

you mean some people in westeros or some people on planet earth?

Some people in Westeros (and on Earth) think he was a Stark. Some people on Earth think there have been more than one Night's King.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

A surprising lack of warging in your discussion. Was like 90% sure you were gonna say he was a warg who accidentally went into an icicle.

OMG, what would happen if a warg warged into a dead white walker horse?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Ladygooch failed to mention that wyllis + hodor =~ white horse
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ladygooch failed to mention that wyllis + hodor =~ white horse

And Lyanna's horse is white. So I'm pretty sure that Wylis warged into her horse because he wanted attention from her.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

She sounds like an important character in how this thing will play out. Wonder why we haven't met her yet?

Also, can we talk about how rough ridin' stupid the name Wylis is? And are we so sure that Wylis and Hodor are the same person? Bran made that assumption in the flashback but that doesn't mean he was correct.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

She sounds like an important character in how this thing will play out. Wonder why we haven't met her yet?

Also, can we talk about how rough ridin' stupid the name Wylis is? And are we so sure that Wylis and Hodor are the same person? Bran made that assumption in the flashback but that doesn't mean he was correct.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it was already known that Hodor's real name was Wylis. That may be from the books.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In the books, his name is Walder.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
you're thinking of Frey.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In the books, his name is Walder.

Too many Walders so they had to change his name on the show to avoid confusion.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hodor is likely a descendant of Ser Duncan the Tall.