Author Topic: What are you giving up for lent?  (Read 6961 times)

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Re: What are you giving up for lent?
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2013, 12:55:14 AM »
I don't understand people who just hate any particular religion and express it at every given opportunity.  I understand hating the dumbshits in a particular religion, but I don't think every person should be looked upon in the same light as the lowest of their group.

(not talking about you, 8mp.)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2013, 12:55:54 AM »
I don't understand people who just hate any particular religion and express it at every given opportunity.  I understand hating the dumbshits in a particular religion, but I don't think every person should be looked upon in the same light as the lowest of their group.

UH OH!

BUTTHURT ALERT

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2013, 12:59:51 AM »

UH OH!

BUTTHURT ALERT

:sdeek:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2013, 01:28:11 AM »
some of my best friends are catholic  :thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2013, 01:29:14 AM »
Hookers and Coke Pak??

Hey, jackass. Don't side with the whore on twitter when she was talking crap on the spouse of a goEMAW member.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2013, 08:10:17 AM »
Going to attend mass 3 times a week.

I like this dlew.

"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2013, 09:25:08 AM »
Hookers and Coke Pak??

Hey, jackass. Don't side with the whore on twitter when she was talking crap on the spouse of a goEMAW member.

:confused:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 10:19:19 AM »
Could have also gone in the FB thread, but she wasn't from my "hometown" so I'll post it here.

For lent, I am giving up caring about people who don't truly care about me or my son. I have an amazing, loving, caring, smart, funny, inquisitive, handsome little boy who is loving and kind to everyone he meets. I am done trying to make contact to keep people in his life. Or caring what these people say about me. I am a single mom, and a good one at that who is successful and supports her son alone. I have no respect for people or family that don't take care of their own, or encourage and support someone who doesn't care and support their own child. You are not a good person or a good woman if you stand by someone who isn't a good father or friend or aunt or uncle or grandparent or teacher or friend, whatever the role is in life. Or if you bash the person who is doing everything in their power to give a child the best life they can. The end :)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: What are you giving up for lent?
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2013, 11:23:06 AM »
Sorry really good friend IRL dlew, the tradition is stupid..., nothing personal
No big, 8man. 

I still respect your beliefs and opinions and am glad we're both mature enough to be really good friends IRL despite our differing views on religion!  go cats!

:D
gE should really have a breathalyzer
:adios:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2013, 11:36:55 AM »

i despise catholicism because i am lutheran.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2013, 11:58:48 AM »
To clarify, I don't think Lent is stupid because I think think Catholicism is stupid. I think it is really childish and trite to give up drinking pop or social media or (insert whatever else you are giving up) and eating meat (other than fish) for 6 Fridays in some sort of tribute to the man who you believe gave his life for your eternal salvation.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »
To clarify, I don't think Lent is stupid because I think think Catholicism is stupid. I think it is really childish and trite to give up drinking pop or social media or (insert whatever else you are giving up) and eating meat (other than fish) for 6 Fridays in some sort of tribute to the man who you believe gave his life for your eternal salvation.

And I dont disagree with that. The comment was more towards people like EllRobersonIsInnocent who say like PRIESTS RAPE LITTLE BUTTHOLES HUR HUR HURRRR  every time the word "catholic" is posted.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2013, 12:37:41 PM »

That's not really what it's about... You aren't doing it as a tribute. The idea is to give yourself a daily reminder. For example, in the times when you'd normally be on social media, maybe you call your mom or say a few prayers.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2013, 01:10:18 PM »

And I dont disagree with that. The comment was more towards people like EllRobersonIsInnocent who say like PRIESTS RAPE LITTLE BUTTHOLES HUR HUR HURRRR  every time the word "catholic" is posted.

Any specific reason/posts why you are calling me out?

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2013, 01:16:41 PM »

Was it the pope leads a cult or the pope protects child molestors (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/03/more-evidence-emerges-tha_n_524192.html) comment?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2013, 01:39:58 PM »

Was it the pope leads a cult or the pope protects child molestors (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/03/more-evidence-emerges-tha_n_524192.html) comment?

You just seem to have an irrational hatred for catholics in general.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2013, 01:54:35 PM »

For the catholic church, yes, believers no. I can't hate or dislike you for your beliefs, you have that freedom.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2013, 02:49:20 PM »

For the catholic church, yes, believers no. I can't hate or dislike you for your beliefs, you have that freedom.

Ah, I was confused. Keep on keepin on, ERII  :thumbs:!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2013, 02:51:08 PM »
Any fellow possibilians in here? 

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2013, 03:14:20 PM »

Ah, I was confused. Keep on keepin on, ERII  :thumbs:!

No hard feelings friend!  :thumbs:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2013, 03:17:14 PM »
:confused:

Do you not go by Brock Landers on twitter as well?

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2013, 09:19:04 PM »
i think any criticism of people making a big deal about not drinking a coke or crushing a snickers for a month is entirely warranted and justified. lent is supposed to be spiritually enriching, not attention getting.

i know a lot of people who sacrifice for lent by doing something i.e. volunteer work..

i like it.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »
i think any criticism of people making a big deal about not drinking a coke or crushing a snickers for a month is entirely warranted and justified. lent is supposed to be spiritually enriching, not attention getting.

i know a lot of people who sacrifice for lent by doing something i.e. volunteer work..

i like it.

Yeah this is probably why so many people despise lent/catholics.  I am guilty of it myself.  Don't let your left hand know what the right hand is doing and stuff.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2013, 08:02:17 AM »
On second thought, I'm going to give up binging.  No more  :drink: :drink: :drink:  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: for this guy

pfft :lol:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2013, 08:27:17 AM »
us Episcopalians do the whole 40 days and no meat thing too for lent.  :emawkid: