Author Topic: capitol riot  (Read 131954 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: capitol riot
« Reply #3350 on: September 19, 2023, 04:15:47 PM »
Has all of this changed Ray?  Is he still MAGA?  What's that day to day like?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: September 19, 2023, 04:16:08 PM »
You are missing the Falwell kid who was caught being actually cucked by his wife and the pool boy.

Maybe you aren't.  I mean, how do you even choose!?  An actual embarrassment of embarrassing riches!

also the guys who cried in the fake jail cell at CPAC and obviously wohl and bald Dilbert guy.  I was only posting the top 5

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: September 19, 2023, 04:16:40 PM »
Santos too!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: September 19, 2023, 05:03:56 PM »
Dax is my favorite trumper.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: September 19, 2023, 05:11:41 PM »
Everybody who disagrees with #blueanon/#blueanongE whack-a-doo'ism is a trumper . . . #trimdorkin

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: September 20, 2023, 01:42:33 PM »
New candidate for dumbest false equivalence of all time:

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/1704261385364844815?s=20

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: September 20, 2023, 01:44:24 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: September 20, 2023, 01:49:52 PM »
Can anyone explain the Fetterman thing to me?  Why is he making an issue of demanding to wear that into the senate?  I mean, I get it you want to be comfortable but why make this an issue they can use against you?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: September 20, 2023, 01:55:46 PM »
Can anyone explain the Fetterman thing to me?  Why is he making an issue of demanding to wear that into the senate?  I mean, I get it you want to be comfortable but why make this an issue they can use against you?

Like I get that too, just seems like a nothing burger either direction
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: September 20, 2023, 02:14:40 PM »

It makes him look like a dumbass.  It's like a pledge demanding to wear flip flops to formal dinner and chapter on wednesdays.  I guess you can but why? 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3360 on: September 20, 2023, 02:15:39 PM »

It makes him look like a dumbass.  It's like a pledge demanding to wear flip flops to formal dinner and chapter on wednesdays.  I guess you can but why?

I suppose it's branding.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: September 20, 2023, 07:50:57 PM »
I suppose it's branding.

Reminded me of this post

fantasy of voting for an aristocrat larping as a blue collar union man

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1704522809915916533

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: September 20, 2023, 10:14:14 PM »

reading this reaffirms my decision to never join a Greek organization

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: September 20, 2023, 10:28:12 PM »

He's just being a petulant dickhead for no reason at all. For what it's worth Ted Cruz frequently goes to the Senate floor in gym clothes and no one has said jack crap about it. Fetterman needs to grow the eff up, Schumer needs to tell him as such, and the Republicans need to stop being hypocritical opportunistic pricks.

This whole thing is the perfect symbol of the current state of American politics, just a bunch of unserious people who stopped caring for the country and the people in it, long ago.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: September 20, 2023, 10:28:42 PM »

reading this reaffirms my decision to never join a Greek organization

you missed out, bruv.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: September 21, 2023, 03:10:51 PM »
i'm maybe being a little bit hypocritical on this (i don't own a suit and haven't worn anything remotely formal in close to forever), but i find this to be very disrespectful.  the senate can set its own rules and if they want to debate in shorts or whatever, perhaps that's their business, but meeting with foreign dignitaries like this is beyond the pale.

i hope aides clear this sort of thing beforehand and it's assured that the party in question won't take offense, but even if so, to me this is not taking seriously your role as a representative of our country.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1704860582103449643
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: September 21, 2023, 03:16:40 PM »
Fetterman outperformed Biden and won Trump counties because he represents the shorts guys of the world. Around the world there are tons of countries where people don’t wear suits just because they are in government office. Go look at the slobs in the Knesset. Who cares?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: September 21, 2023, 03:22:38 PM »
If you feel disrespected by those clothes you are a narcissistic bad person and should get over it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: September 21, 2023, 03:47:49 PM »
Fetterman outperformed Biden and won Trump counties because he represents the shorts guys of the world... Who cares?

or because he was running against a muslim doctor who'd served in the military of a foreign country and who lived in another state.

i care.  in my post, i tried to express why.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: September 21, 2023, 04:33:45 PM »
Fetterman outperformed Biden and won Trump counties because he represents the shorts guys of the world. Around the world there are tons of countries where people don’t wear suits just because they are in government office. Go look at the slobs in the Knesset. Who cares?

This is how I feel. If he wants to dress like that, fine. It's his own choice and also his own risk that people like sys won't take him seriously.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
capitol riot
« Reply #3370 on: September 21, 2023, 04:38:41 PM »
Fetterman outperformed Biden and won Trump counties because he represents the shorts guys of the world... Who cares?

or because he was running against a muslim doctor who'd served in the military of a foreign country and who lived in another state.

i care.  in my post, i tried to express why.
I hear you and I do feel the same inner voice from my mom that told me I had to dress up to go to McCain while I watched other parents let their kids wear their JNCOs.

On the bright side, the foreign dignitaries I think would be most likely to be offended would be monarchs. Being the United States our foreign policy stance should be to offend monarchs on purpose at a minimum.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 04:42:20 PM by Kat Kid »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: September 21, 2023, 04:42:24 PM »
ironically the person who i would have pegged to wear inappropriate clothing at a government function is sys' guy from texas

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: September 21, 2023, 04:43:47 PM »
i think the foreign countries most likely to be offended are those that put a higher value on ritual and "face" and stuff like that than we do.  china being one high-profile example.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: September 21, 2023, 04:45:00 PM »
ironically the person who i would have pegged to wear inappropriate clothing at a government function is sys' guy from texas

he wasn't covered very well in the media, so it's natural that people have a pretty poor sense of who he was.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: September 21, 2023, 04:59:47 PM »

he wasn't covered very well in the media, so it's natural that people have a pretty poor sense of who he was.
I put swearing inappropriately on the same level as dressing inappropriately (I don't care about either). Also both are calculated