Author Topic: capitol riot  (Read 131975 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
capitol riot
« Reply #500 on: January 09, 2021, 07:38:18 PM »
Not quite sure what the end game would have been, but if you had designs to seize emergency powers and prolong the presidency without the risk of being 25th amended-ed or impeached & removed, encouraging an attack on Congress and putting a target on the VP’s back would make a lot of sense.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: capitol riot
« Reply #501 on: January 09, 2021, 08:02:04 PM »
Quite a group here.

https://twitter.com/abigaildisney/status/1348039045662707714

We may be witnessing our very own real-time conspiracy theory 'cept it's the Q hero balls deep in conspirin'

l33t
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 09, 2021, 08:38:33 PM »
these people may just be stupid enough...

I put the intelligence level of your average MAGA to be just enough to spot the trap, but also feeling like they need to aggressively share with  their fellow MAGA patriots that they determined it was a trap.
I mean they send people with warrants the "you won the lottery" messages and they show up so this will work.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 09, 2021, 08:39:25 PM »
you guys think it was coordination by Trump people? I am certainly hoping for a thorough and transparent investigation, but the chances of that seem long tbh.
Yah maybe I need clarification what is being alluded to before I decide my tin foil hat fitting.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 09, 2021, 08:53:52 PM »
Yah maybe I need clarification what is being alluded to before I decide my tin foil hat fitting.

white house influence used to prevent additional staffing/preparation by capitol police; prevented/delayed efforts to reinforce with other law enforcement and security personnel.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 09, 2021, 09:14:33 PM »

white house influence used to prevent additional staffing/preparation by capitol police; prevented/delayed efforts to reinforce with other law enforcement and security personnel.

I don't buy it at all. I don't think white house coordination was necessary. IMO they just took for granted that these dudes would do something like this. As I've said before this wasn't remotely close to the first time that these MAGA dudes gathered in Washington, and I'm certain the levels of security mirrored other gatherings. They went overboard in June and didn't come close to doing what needed to be done here. They didn't take the threats seriously and to be honest they had no reason to, these dudes have spent years talking crap without actually doing anything, we've mocked them on this board plenty for this.

I don't know why it's so hard to accept that the CP viewed a black lives matter gathering more threatening than a MAGQ gathering, but that's much more likely than Trump bullying non-partisan bureaucrats into not doing their job of protecting the capitol building and putting hundreds of government officials and their officers in extreme danger.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 09, 2021, 09:23:58 PM »

I don't buy it at all. I don't think white house coordination was necessary. IMO they just took for granted that these dudes would do something like this. As I've said before this wasn't remotely close to the first time that these MAGA dudes gathered in Washington, and I'm certain the levels of security mirrored other gatherings. They went overboard in June and didn't come close to doing what needed to be done here. They didn't take the threats seriously and to be honest they had no reason to, these dudes have spent years talking crap without actually doing anything, we've mocked them on this board plenty for this.

I don't know why it's so hard to accept that the CP viewed a black lives matter gathering more threatening than a MAGQ gathering, but that's much more likely than Trump bullying non-partisan bureaucrats into not doing their job of protecting the capitol building and putting hundreds of government officials and their officers in extreme danger.
Yeah I'm leaning this way. I don't feel this was a WH stand down order.

I still don't understand why it was taken as a non threat by CP given what was being alluded to online and why it was found reasonable to assemble 1% of what was assembled for BLM. A riot gear embossed police force only reinforced and stored up the BLM message in DC and in every other city.

If any protest in the last 24 months should have had a full riot gear rollout it was last Wednesday given the protestors message snd with every congressperson in one building.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 09, 2021, 09:30:14 PM »

Yeah I'm leaning this way. I don't feel this was a WH stand down order.

I still don't understand why it was taken as a non threat by CP given what was being alluded to online and why it was found reasonable to assemble 1% of what was assembled for BLM. A riot gear embossed police force only reinforced and stored up the BLM message in DC and in every other city.

If any protest in the last 24 months should have had a full riot gear rollout it was last Wednesday given the protestors message snd with every congressperson in one building.

And they fought with DC cops the previous two nights before.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 09, 2021, 09:55:21 PM »
I’m sure the local police were way more excited to amp up and control a bunch of people that were out actively complaining about the police which is what blm was largely about than they were about MAGA which most of them probably sympathize with.

I personally was talking more about army national guard and reserve units which for Washington DC is controlled directly by the president of the United States. The number of national guard called up that day and their scope was way way way less than in June and when it was obvious that more needed to be brought in there was a long delay in getting approval. I don’t know if it’s been confirmed or not but it’s largely been hinted at that pence was somehow the one responsible in finally getting more in. In the meantime the governor of Virginia was able to work with the sec of defense to get some Virginia national guard members there. Trump purposefully understaffed the day and then refused to send in more when it became obvious that the situation called for it.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 09, 2021, 10:01:28 PM »
Thread on the timeline. Either fishy or CRAZY incompetent.

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1348088355419025409

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: January 09, 2021, 10:08:33 PM »
Thread on the timeline. Either fishy or CRAZY incompetent.

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1348088355419025409

The governor has no control over national guard for something like this. He has to get approval from sec of defense who has to get it from the president. The current sec of defense is interm because Trump fired the one before him in the summer. Washington DC national guard is different. The president controls all of them directly. Trump did not use the ones he has direct control over like he should have and then refused to allow for more to be sent in when the situation obviously needed it. He let it burn. That is not like a weird conspiracy theory either. It’s just what happened.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 10:12:47 PM by Dr Rick Daris »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 09, 2021, 10:21:33 PM »
There is no reason these decisions should be made st the (acting) secretary level. Idiotic.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 09, 2021, 10:22:54 PM »
This reeks of "this is a protest of people that likes cops so we cool, no reason to roll out the armor"

Idiots

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 09, 2021, 10:29:21 PM »
There is no reason these decisions should be made st the (acting) secretary level. Idiotic.

I think it makes sense, but I also think it makes sense that the (acting or otherwise) United States Secretary of Defense would never have any problem whatsoever sending national guard support to the United States Capitol Building when a whole bunch of people who are trying to string up Mike Pence and the democrats get past the front steps of the building. It doesn't make sense to me that they would even wait on a request to send them in at that point.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 09, 2021, 10:33:24 PM »
Yeah it’s bizarre that’s not like an automatic thing.

Sir, an army is attacking the White House, permission to defend?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 10, 2021, 12:01:01 AM »
Seems like the mob got really close to the Senate chambers with senators inside when they were chasing that black cop who was all by himself

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1348122699843981312

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1348144532580413441

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 10, 2021, 12:04:51 AM »
I still can't believe all of this actually happened...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 10, 2021, 01:23:41 AM »
pretty wild

Hoolee crap.

First of all I was wrong about Ashley Babbitt, those people were rough ridin' unhinged and they were clearly looking for people to harm. I don't think it was a coincidence they were at the speakers lobby.

My overwhelming thought is just how amazingly entitled those people were, it's stunning at how much those people think they are owed and how they completely discount other Americans.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 10, 2021, 01:37:54 AM »
Very frightening that they feel 100% justified. Ugh.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 10, 2021, 05:08:03 AM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 10, 2021, 05:24:11 AM »

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 10, 2021, 08:19:58 AM »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 10, 2021, 08:44:00 AM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 10, 2021, 08:44:44 AM »
Surely they have to resign if they’re openly admitting they cannot perform what they see is their constitutional duty.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 10, 2021, 08:45:07 AM »