Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 930964 times)

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1725 on: April 11, 2011, 03:25:04 PM »
<----someone who doesn't want to dig up/read the contract.

is the $1.55M an avg over the life of the contract, or did he in fact actually make that over the last season?

its the average if he stays teh life of the contract and collects all bonuses.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 11, 2011, 03:27:20 PM »
<----someone who doesn't want to dig up/read the contract.

is the $1.55M an avg over the life of the contract, or did he in fact actually make that over the last season?

its the average if he stays teh life of the contract and collects all bonuses.

I think it only includes retention bonuses, not performance-based bonuses. I'm not sure where he is saying these reports are coming from, other than the tuck poll.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 11, 2011, 03:30:06 PM »

miami on the other hand, probably didn't know that martin would take their job for anything over 1.1.

Hey guys, I'm willing to take a 400K annual pay cut.  Just so you know...So, I'm available to talk whenever...

Oh, and don't worry about that Delonte dude.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 11, 2011, 03:35:08 PM »

miami on the other hand, probably didn't know that martin would take their job for anything over 1.1.

Hey guys, I'm willing to take a 400K annual pay cut.  Just so you know...So, I'm available to talk whenever...

Or Undies. I'm sure Currie already has a contract in the inter-office mail for him to sign when Frank bolts.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 11, 2011, 03:38:11 PM »
oscar Pearl would just leave after a couple years anyway. Coaches just don't like being here. Let's face it, it does suck here. Outside of K-State grads nobody thinks this is a good place to be. And none of us can understand why because we have fond memories of Manhattan and K-State. But someone coming in from the outside just tolerates this hell hole and lies straight to everyone's face about how it doesn't suck until a decent opportunity presents itself elsewhere. Hopefully NBAF will help.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1730 on: April 11, 2011, 03:42:11 PM »

Hey guys, I'm willing to take a 400K annual pay cut.  Just so you know...So, I'm available to talk whenever...

Or Undies. I'm sure Currie already has a contract in the inter-office mail for him to sign when Frank bolts.

If Currie hires Underwood, a lot of that goodwill he's built up will look like burnt embers in an ash tray.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 11, 2011, 03:42:33 PM »
Excerpt from the next AP story to run:

"So, I just want to reiterate that I'm willing to work for much less than the lies that are being reported about my current gig".

"I do want to keep my strength guy though.  And my this Figger dude who is my one good recruiter.  Let me know though.  If I need to take an additional pay cut just so your broke asses can afford them, I'm sure we can work something out."

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 11, 2011, 03:49:51 PM »
"I have a god given talent of intimidating stares.  I'm an ex-coach who has fallen on hard times.  Please! Any help will be greatfully appreciated. Thank you and God bless you/Happy Holidays"

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 11, 2011, 03:50:11 PM »
So, basically our only hope at this point is Miami's incompetence.

If they make any play whatsoever, he is 100% gone.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 11, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »
oscar Pearl would just leave after a couple years anyway. Coaches just don't like being here. Let's face it, it does suck here. Outside of K-State grads nobody thinks this is a good place to be. And none of us can understand why because we have fond memories of Manhattan and K-State. But someone coming in from the outside just tolerates this hell hole and lies straight to everyone's face about how it doesn't suck until a decent opportunity presents itself elsewhere. Hopefully NBAF will help.

Huggins liked Manhattan, it was his Alma Mater that came calling.   No personality like Huggins is going to turn down a Big East school that was his Alma Mater, and I suffer from no illusions/delusions that Manhattan is some kind of misunderstood super special place either.    

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 11, 2011, 03:54:45 PM »
Why can't it be as easy as UM doesn't want some foul mouth hot head screaming at kids representing their university, regardless of salary/pay?  I don't think this has anything to do with money.  I think it's a real reason we may have Frank for a long time.  (I personally have no issue with his sideline demeanor but I can guarantee you a number of academia do)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 11, 2011, 03:56:23 PM »

Huggins liked Manhattan, it was his Alma Mater that came calling.   No personality like Huggins is going to turn down a Big East school that was his Alma Mater, and I suffer from no illusions/delusions that Manhattan is some kind of misunderstood super special place either.    

Huggins would have left for any Big East school. I did appreciate how he pretended to be tortured about the decision though.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 11, 2011, 03:57:24 PM »
Why can't it be as easy as UM doesn't want some foul mouth hot head screaming at kids representing their university, regardless of salary/pay?  I don't think this has anything to do with money.  I think it's a real reason we may have Frank for a long time.  (I personally have no issue with his sideline demeanor but I can guarantee you a number of academia do)

A Shalala is one academia type I can see not wanting Frank.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 11, 2011, 03:57:51 PM »
When K-State started conference season 4-6 and players were leaving the program left and right, plenty of posters on this board were ready to run Frank out of town.  The same situation will happen next season, except Frank won't have Jake Pullen to save him.  

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 11, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
When K-State started conference season 4-6 and players were leaving the program left and right, plenty of posters on this board were ready to run Frank out of town.  The same situation will happen next season, except Frank won't have Jake Pullen to save him.  
I agree time to get rid of him. rinse and repeat the process with oscar Pearl.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: April 11, 2011, 03:59:51 PM »

We're waiting on Pearl's show clause to expire, man.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: April 11, 2011, 04:00:04 PM »
lol @ this thread
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: April 11, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »

Huggins liked Manhattan, it was his Alma Mater that came calling.   No personality like Huggins is going to turn down a Big East school that was his Alma Mater, and I suffer from no illusions/delusions that Manhattan is some kind of misunderstood super special place either.   

Huggins would have left for any Big East school. I did appreciate how he pretended to be tortured about the decision though.

ksu is no different from any big 12 school not named texas or kansas.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: April 11, 2011, 04:00:51 PM »

Then it appears that we can't find any non midwestern bred non shirt tuck type that we can hire to be a good basketball coach and stick around, and no, Huggins would not have left for any Big East school.

. . . and OH, I'm pretty  :ck: to Frank staying and going at this juncture.   I suppose I want him to stay, but I won't be that broken up about it if he goes.  

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: April 11, 2011, 04:03:01 PM »

I doubt she even knows about Frank's reputation.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: April 11, 2011, 04:03:54 PM »

I doubt she even knows about Frank's reputation.

Oh, she probably does, but only from a Johnson County Housewife perspective.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: April 11, 2011, 04:04:31 PM »
My take is that the Miami deciders don't want Frank, whether it's because he yells or because of the demands he'd put on the school to get the program up to snuff or because they don't want Art/Shakey/MiamiNewTimes'MostWanted around, or whatever.  

That kind of pisses Frank off because he at least wanted the offer so he could bend Currie over, or possibly because if he could get all his demands met of course he would go doom it up in Miami.  

Frank is pissed/hurt that Miami doesn't want him and that he lost that leverage and is rationalizing it to the press by saying Currie sabotaged him and made him seem untouchable salary-wise.  

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: April 11, 2011, 04:04:43 PM »
lol @ this thread

It's a roller coaster, man.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: April 11, 2011, 04:06:27 PM »
My take is that the Miami deciders don't want Frank, whether it's because he yells or because of the demands he'd put on the school to get the program up to snuff or because they don't want Art/Shakey/MiamiNewTimes'MostWanted around, or whatever.  

That kind of pisses Frank off because he at least wanted the offer so he could bend Currie over, or possibly because if he could get all his demands met of course he would go doom it up in Miami.  

Frank is pissed/hurt that Miami doesn't want him and that he lost that leverage and is rationalizing it to the press by saying Currie sabotaged him and made him seem untouchable salary-wise.  

How bad is it for Miami if $1.5 million is untouchable?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: April 11, 2011, 04:08:09 PM »

How bad is it for Miami if $1.5 million is untouchable?

Well that's my point.  I don't think 1.5 is untouchable nor do I think they think 1.5 is untouchable (or that they've even considered what to pay him).  I don't think they want him and Frank cooked this theory up because he's hurt.  As we've mentioned, he should've turned to us to get his PR right.