Author Topic: I want Spradler run off the team  (Read 170242 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »
I don't get the sense that vic actually wants to play so I have a hard time blaming him.  he seems to hate basketball. 

Odd.  I thought I'd noticed that at at times this year as well but I'd decided that it was just me wishing that Vic wasn't playing and hating the game when he was. 

he seems like that really big kid in grade school that has absolutely no drive and his parents force him out there hoping sports will take

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2012, 09:13:22 PM »
Spradz is definitely the goat.  It's not debatable.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 25, 2012, 10:54:54 PM »
if tay got will's minutes we would hate tay just as much as we hate will

I'll give you credit for constancy, but at some point guessing that Tay is going to suck is a awful becomes a really terrible excuse.  Will put on the worst performance of any Cat this season.  At least Irving stayed in front of Christopherson in the limited minutes he played.
Angel against KU was worse, but I completely agree with what you're getting at.

Angel had a poor half against KU. Will sucked the whole game.

Yep, I believe Angel had 1 second half turnover against KU.  Also Angel was pretty good defensively against Tyshawn.  Will's defense against Christopherson was poor.  I don't mind the 4-4 from the 3 point line, crap happens.  I do mind that he couldn't stay between his man and the basket.  But really it isn't Will's fault.  Would you guys be mad mat me if I asked for a scholarship, got one, and was asked to guard Royce White?

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 25, 2012, 10:57:10 PM »

I'll give you credit for constancy, but at some point guessing that Tay is going to suck is a awful becomes a really terrible excuse.  Will put on the worst performance of any Cat this season.  At least Irving stayed in front of Christopherson in the limited minutes he played.

Yep, I believe Angel had 1 second half turnover against KU.  Also Angel was pretty good defensively against Tyshawn.  Will's defense against Christopherson was poor.  I don't mind the 4-4 from the 3 point line, crap happens.  I do mind that he couldn't stay between his man and the basket.  But really it isn't Will's fault.  Would you guys be mad mat me if I asked for a scholarship, got one, and was asked to guard Royce White?

Was surprised when they said Tay's first turnover today was his first in 7 games.  Pretty impressive.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 25, 2012, 10:58:08 PM »

that's my argumant for vic.  it's not his fault frank keeps playing him.  he obviously doesn't want to play basketball.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2012, 10:58:29 PM »
Will has shown the ability to not be a shitty defender though. He isn't great or even good, but at times he's been a lot better than he was today.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »

Was surprised when they said Tay's first turnover today was his first in 7 games.  Pretty impressive.

and his next one was 1 minute later  :rolleyes:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2012, 10:59:00 PM »
Would you guys be mad mat me if I asked for a scholarship, got one, and was asked to guard Royce White?

Nope, you'd foul the crap out of him and then I'd boo my ass off at the refs for calling the foul.

Also, #TeamMrsDave

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2012, 10:59:25 PM »
Sprads is a shorter, slower Clent Stewart.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2012, 11:00:36 PM »
Would you guys be mad mat me if I asked for a scholarship, got one, and was asked to guard Royce White?

Nope, you'd foul the crap out of him and then I'd boo my ass off at the refs for calling the foul.

Also, #TeamMrsDave

she should get more credit for this thread than me.  she called it well ahead of everyone. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2012, 11:01:25 PM »
It's, like, why would you choose basketball instead of being in a band or something!?

good post sd.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2012, 11:02:35 PM »
Even mentioning Vic as a goat is the height of stupidity, he averages 6 minutes a game.  He played two minutes today had one shot attempt and no other stat.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2012, 11:03:24 PM »
Even mentioning Vic as a goat is the height of stupidity, he averages 6 minutes a game.  He played two minutes today had one shot attempt and no other stat.

his 2 minutes seemed like 84 minutes though.  and you multiply his shot times 42 and he hit the rim zero times. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2012, 11:15:47 PM »

Yeah, I'd hate your ass.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2012, 11:17:06 PM »

his 2 minutes seemed like 84 minutes though.  and you multiply his shot times 42 and he hit the rim zero times. 

Seems like there's a stretch every game that averages about six minutes or so where the 'Cats go stone cold and / or the other team scores in bunches.  Highly correlated with Vic being on the floor I'm sure. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2012, 11:23:47 PM »

Also, #TeamMrsDave

Do you finish at the rim more often than not? And where are you socks? midcalf?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 25, 2012, 11:32:46 PM »
I liked MIR's description of Doc as a ball mover so much that I've recently incorporated the term into staff evals at work. 

I feel like Doc caught wind of this and decided he'd show me today who the true OG ball mover is.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #267 on: February 25, 2012, 11:44:19 PM »
Maybe it's been said in this thread, but I feel like Spradling is a lot like a young baseball player that starts out for the first couple months of his career in a hot streak hitting .300+, putting more balls over the wall than normal, and essentially exceeding any and all expectations right out of the gate.  You look at him, can't figure out how he's really doing it, but the numbers say he's better than he looks.  However, eventually, someone figures out that he can't hit a slider, and then everyone starts throwing sliders, and next thing you know, he's heading back down to AAA.

I'm sure he's a lot better than what he is showing right now, but I think last year may have been the fluke, and this year is more realistic.  It's not like he's just missing open shots.  He's not getting open.  He's having trouble defending slow guys.  He can't get to the line because he's incapable of putting the ball on the floor and getting past someone.

I just don't see him coming back from this.  Of course, I'm probably way off base, but I just have a feeling that he'll be seeing less and less time, or possibly leaving to go play at a smaller school.  :dunno:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 25, 2012, 11:57:14 PM »

I'm sure he's a lot better than what he is showing right now

I'm not sure he's that much better.

He just needs to be in a position to be a role player that comes in off the bench at the two and shoots threes.  He needs to be Conner Teahan.  And we need to stop pretending that he's going to be Kirk Heinrich.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 25, 2012, 11:58:26 PM »
Way to stick with only white comparo's wabash! I'm glad you can follow the rules!

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 26, 2012, 12:02:13 AM »
Way to stick with only white comparo's wabash! I'm glad you can follow the rules!

I don't make the rules around here.  I just follow em.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:55:35 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #271 on: February 26, 2012, 12:25:33 AM »

I'm sure he's a lot better than what he is showing right now

I'm not sure he's that much better.

He just needs to be in a position to be a role player that comes in off the bench at the two and shoots threes.  He needs to be Conner Teahan.  And we need to stop pretending that he's going to be Kirk Heinrich.

My pops said the same thing in a phone conversation tonight.  Except he also said that Teahan is probably the high side of what we should expect because Teahan is more athletic.

I didn't really argue.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 26, 2012, 12:34:36 AM »
Maybe it's been said in this thread, but I feel like Spradling is a lot like a young baseball player that starts out for the first couple months of his career in a hot streak hitting .300+, putting more balls over the wall than normal, and essentially exceeding any and all expectations right out of the gate.  You look at him, can't figure out how he's really doing it, but the numbers say he's better than he looks.  However, eventually, someone figures out that he can't hit a slider, and then everyone starts throwing sliders, and next thing you know, he's heading back down to AAA.

I'm sure he's a lot better than what he is showing right now, but I think last year may have been the fluke, and this year is more realistic.  It's not like he's just missing open shots.  He's not getting open.  He's having trouble defending slow guys.  He can't get to the line because he's incapable of putting the ball on the floor and getting past someone.

I just don't see him coming back from this.  Of course, I'm probably way off base, but I just have a feeling that he'll be seeing less and less time, or possibly leaving to go play at a smaller school.  :dunno:

Normally that guy wouldn't be batting 3rd coming down the stretch.  u digg?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #273 on: February 26, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »
I think he needs to be Jacob Pullen and not Denis Clemente.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: I want Spradler run off the team
« Reply #274 on: February 26, 2012, 12:39:39 AM »
I think he needs to be Jacob Pullen and not Denis Clemente.

Actually more Lace Dunn and less Tweety Carter. Changed my mind.