Author Topic: Kanrocksas  (Read 6347 times)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kanrocksas
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »
So it's coming back. Only announced Kendrick Lamar, Tiesto and Avett Brothers so far, promising 50 acts  :dunno:

jfc if those are the "headliners", no thank you

Well, they aren't the headliners. Not sure where this leaves you.

There are so many EDM artists that would be better than Tiesto, my god. Just saying if those are the 3 big names then its a garbage lineup compared to 2011

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2013, 11:37:35 AM »
So it's coming back. Only announced Kendrick Lamar, Tiesto and Avett Brothers so far, promising 50 acts  :dunno:

There are so many EDM artists that would be better than Tiesto, my god. Just saying if those are the 3 big names then its a garbage lineup compared to 2011

I have no idea why A) you assume Tiesto being there eliminates the possibility of other EDMs, and B) you assume the first 3 names they supplied are the 3 headliners. Especially considering last year they announced the main headliners LAST.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2013, 12:14:49 PM »
Most places announce headliners first to push ticket sales and because their schedules are usually the toughest.  Avett Brothers are very good live.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2013, 12:28:35 PM »
Most places announce headliners first to push ticket sales and because their schedules are usually the toughest.  Avett Brothers are very good live.

last year muse and eminem were announced last

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2013, 12:31:44 PM »
Kendrick Lamar had the biggest hip hop release of 2012 and The Avett Bros. are probably second to only Mumford when it comes to popularity among the folk crowd.  I'm guessing Tiesto is kind of a big deal, so these aren't bad headliners. I mean, who do you expect? Radiohead, Metallica, and the Rolling Stones?

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2013, 12:36:51 PM »

I have no idea why A) you assume Tiesto being there eliminates the possibility of other EDMs, and B) you assume the first 3 names they supplied are the 3 headliners. Especially considering last year they announced the main headliners LAST.

Its a good thing in my original post I said "IF" these are the headliners then it's pretty weak imo. Pretty Lights or Bassnectar would be better choices if they're looking for an EDM headliner

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
I'm disappointed they only announced 3 bands today. They announced 10 or so when the initial lineup went out last time. These 3 alone don't sell me a ticket
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:47:26 PM by AbeFroman »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2013, 12:52:55 PM »
JFC you goons, just wait until they make more announcements. The tickets have been on sale already for like 6 months

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2013, 10:15:52 PM »
Rename it KANchella.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite