Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 196115 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs
« Reply #2050 on: February 14, 2022, 09:46:13 AM »
what does he do when he gets out there? just kind of mill around smell the ground like normal?

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: February 14, 2022, 10:12:35 AM »

Are there any dog psychologists around here? Over the past week or so, our dog has been getting super excited when he starts to pick up cues from us that it is time to go outside for his walk or bike ride. He's normally moderately excited but all of a sudden he is whining loudly, skittering around the floor like a baby deer on ice and rearing up on his back legs like he hasn't been out of the house in months even though his schedule hasn't changed. I can't figure out why he is doing this.

Not a professional, but how old is he and is he neutered?
He's almost four. He has been neutered since just before he turned one.

what does he do when he gets out there? just kind of mill around smell the ground like normal?
Sniffs around in the yard and the curb to check if other canines have pee'd on the curb since he was outside last. Doesn't seem to try and pull on his leash more than usual on his walks / bike rides with me or Mrs SSOC. Once he gets outside, his behavior is basically normal for him. He is absolutely obsessed with pooping in the very center of the street. I think it has something to do with placing the poop where it is elevated above the surrounding terrain but I'm not sure.

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: February 14, 2022, 11:15:05 AM »

Are there any dog psychologists around here? Over the past week or so, our dog has been getting super excited when he starts to pick up cues from us that it is time to go outside for his walk or bike ride. He's normally moderately excited but all of a sudden he is whining loudly, skittering around the floor like a baby deer on ice and rearing up on his back legs like he hasn't been out of the house in months even though his schedule hasn't changed. I can't figure out why he is doing this.

Not a professional, but how old is he and is he neutered?
He's almost four. He has been neutered since just before he turned one.

Sniffs around in the yard and the curb to check if other canines have pee'd on the curb since he was outside last. Doesn't seem to try and pull on his leash more than usual on his walks / bike rides with me or Mrs SSOC. Once he gets outside, his behavior is basically normal for him. He is absolutely obsessed with pooping in the very center of the street. I think it has something to do with placing the poop where it is elevated above the surrounding terrain but I'm not sure.

My doggie has similar behavior. She is mostly chill, but starts acting like a maniac when its about walk time. She has a watch hidden somewhere and knows exactly when its about time. She does't poop in the street, but she always has 2 poops on our walk which infuriates me, especially when its cold.

My issue is that she acts like an ax murderer is coming to kill the whole family any time someone comes to the door. She just absolutely loses her crap every time. I always wonder if parents reconsider letting kids come to my house when seeing her lose her mind when a kid shows up at the door. She will calm down almost immediately when they come in, but the parents just stand on the door step when dropping off with a concerned look on their face. I'm like, oh its fine, but I'm not sure they believe me.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: February 14, 2022, 11:22:29 AM »
Yeah, mine is pretty chill but a surprise person at the door unlocks frenzy mode. Once they are inside it's all love and tail wags.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: February 14, 2022, 11:47:27 AM »
Yeah, mine is pretty chill but a surprise person at the door unlocks frenzy mode. Once they are inside it's all love and tail wags.
Thankfully, he doesn't freak out too much when people come to the door. Just one or two loud barks to let us know someone is there. He never barks at people / dogs walking by on the street which would be annoying as crap. We are trying to break him from the habit of trying to sniff people's crotches when they come in the house for the first time.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: February 14, 2022, 02:06:38 PM »
We looked at a dog at Petland. $6k for a corgi. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: February 14, 2022, 02:44:19 PM »
Corgi's are so cool. My kid's friend has one. When it was a puppy, he was running thru our lawn. His little legs were so short that he looked like a caterpillar moving over the top of the grass.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: February 14, 2022, 02:48:43 PM »
Corgi's are so cool. My kid's friend has one. When it was a puppy, he was running thru our lawn. His little legs were so short that he looked like a caterpillar moving over the top of the grass.

I love corgi's.   At Petland you can't just buy a dog, you have to buy a training package, a vet package, a grooming package.  They will give you a free dog when/if your dog dies but only if you purchased all food from their stores. lol 

I found a corgi breeder selling them for $700 and we may go that route eventually.  We have too many things going on right now to get a new puppy.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: February 14, 2022, 02:53:17 PM »
My goodness that place.... Also I would go insane if I worked there due to those damn birds squawking the whole time.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: February 14, 2022, 02:57:25 PM »
you should talk to tom and get in with tater’s bloodline

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: February 14, 2022, 03:00:58 PM »

Dogs, like knees, are weird.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: February 14, 2022, 03:02:31 PM »

I love corgi's.   At Petland you can't just buy a dog, you have to buy a training package, a vet package, a grooming package.  They will give you a free dog when/if your dog dies but only if you purchased all food from their stores. lol 

I found a corgi breeder selling them for $700 and we may go that route eventually.  We have too many things going on right now to get a new puppy.

TF?  Foster dogs and eventually fail and adopt one.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: February 14, 2022, 07:41:00 PM »
$6k for a corgi.

that's the most ridiculous and offensive thing i've ever heard of.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2063 on: February 15, 2022, 12:38:14 PM »
Fiance wants a French bulldog. $4K w/o papers. $5K w/ papers. Eff that. Gimme a pound mutt.

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: February 15, 2022, 02:57:36 PM »
Fiance wants a French bulldog. $4K w/o papers. $5K w/ papers. Eff that. Gimme a pound mutt.

Damn, there is zero chance i'd pay that much for a dog. I'd feel weird yelling at it for stuff, when i paid 5 grand for it. The dog prob knows you are stuck with it no matter what so I bet it acts like an bad person all the time. I used to be a "registered" lab only doggie owner and the most I paid was like $500. Picked up a shelter doggie that is prob 98% lab a couple years ago and was mad that cost me $350. I tell her all the time that I will send her ass back to the streets. I don't really mean that, but she doesn't know better. Your dog would just give you the finger if you did that.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: February 15, 2022, 05:16:19 PM »
$6k for a corgi.

But look how adorable he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: February 17, 2022, 06:08:11 PM »
$6k for a corgi.

But look how adorable he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tater was $400. 
AKC corgi x Blue Heeler
 This year's litter is all sold.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: February 17, 2022, 06:16:09 PM »
Sherman loves the snow and cold.  Refuses to come in and just lays down in protest.

Tater is like a barge ice breaker plowing thru the snow.  He has to get the under carriage dried off when he comes in.

Tom

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: February 24, 2022, 08:15:49 PM »
Anyone looking for a rescue? We had a family friend tragedy this week and he left behind a good looking pup, who seems terrified from what he encountered. He could use a good home. Looks like a great looking pup who needs some love right now. If you even know a friend who’s looking, please let me know. Trying to take this off my moms hands who’s going through a lot right now.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: February 24, 2022, 08:21:59 PM »
Since I don’t know how to post videos on here, here he is:

https://twitter.com/fanman_ksu/status/1497033548037238785?s=21

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: February 26, 2022, 12:53:04 AM »
Sherman loves the snow and cold.  Refuses to come in and just lays down in protest.

Tater is like a barge ice breaker plowing thru the snow.  He has to get the under carriage dried off when he comes in.

Tom

Back when I got out of the Army, I shared a basement of a rental house with a high school buddy and my little brother.  One day he brought home a mixed Corgi.  He named the pup Fred and he looked like an anteater with his short legs and extra-long nose.  I don't remember a time when he would go anywhere without his nose dragging the floor for sniffing.  We got such a kick out of that little guy.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: February 26, 2022, 08:29:08 AM »
Tater digs and roots more than any of my prior dogs too.  He takes treats and "buries" them under his pillow, throw rugs, and in the back yard.

Tom

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: February 26, 2022, 05:29:44 PM »
Tater digs and roots more than any of my prior dogs too.  He takes treats and "buries" them under his pillow, throw rugs, and in the back yard.

Tom

The KSNT Topeka weatherman has a corgi and anyone can tell she is spoiled rotten.  A very good-looking dog as a pup, but now that she's gotten chubby and just doesn't jump much like before.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 05:33:58 PM by Katpappy »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: February 26, 2022, 06:27:18 PM »
Just paid for the worlds most expensive dark chocolate bar yesterday.   Lil bastard dug into my travel bag, under a pile of clothes I was about to unpack and ate the whole thing.    $300 later he was fine.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: February 27, 2022, 09:49:36 AM »
 :ROFL: