Author Topic: What gets us in the tournament? 10-8 or 11-7?  (Read 10065 times)

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What gets us in the tournament? 10-8 or 11-7?
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2016, 03:26:56 PM »
Yeah, that was tough to watch. I really want that Maryland game back. We had them beat.

Say the same thing about the Kentucky game in oscar Year 2, and LaSalle in oscar Year 1.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »
Yeah, that was tough to watch. I really want that Maryland game back. We had them beat.

Say the same thing about the Kentucky game in oscar Year 2, and LaSalle in oscar Year 1.
That could be said for every coach that ever existed, dingbat. Also, I don't recall us having "Kentucky" beat.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2016, 08:42:12 PM »

That could be said for every coach that ever existed, dingbat. Also, I don't recall us having "Kentucky" beat.
Yeah that pregame dunk technical.  #woof

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2016, 10:18:14 PM »

And North Carolina at Sprint Center because the idiot at the helm didn't realize three consecutive buckets by the opponent warrants a timeout....or four...or five.

Why are you so unable to face the fact that this is a decent aggregation of talent that will lose in ridiculous ways because of a bad game coach?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2016, 10:43:08 PM »
If you want me to breakdown every coaches decision on a heart break loss, we could be here all day. Currently we're 11-1 and although I dislike our coach, I'm not going to grasp at straws for how shitty they are, just because I hate the guy. Some of our fans are so full of rage, that they spout off and have no other response than "eff that guy"! I loved frank, but he also had a history of teams that played close or lost to lesser opponents. That has not been the case this year. If you wanna pout and act like this team is going nowhere, fine by me. However, the #BID'rs script gets old. You legitimately have nothing to bitch about at this point with this team, so you bring up past history to warrant your hate. rough ridin' yawn, dude!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2016, 10:48:05 PM »
And FTR, I'd rather make the tournament this year vs getting oscar fired, because I love the tournament and cats hoops. This team won't have much next season, so let Currie run him out then.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2016, 10:50:18 PM »
And FTR, I'd rather make the tournament this year vs getting oscar fired, because I love the tournament and cats hoops. This team won't have much next season, so let Currie run him out then.

Why would Currie run oscar after an NIT berth and Year 1 of a re-build?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2016, 11:00:02 PM »
Currie ran the women's coach real quick and she had semi recent success before doing so and so far this year it looks like a decent move. If oscar does what Frank did last year with that South Carolina team, he'll be run. You playing Nostradamus with these outcomes is quite impressive tho. We know our AD on the front end with his hires, oscar is the ugliest one of them, but donors are talking (related to the biggest one now) and Currie understands the heat.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:04:59 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2016, 11:15:55 PM »

i too hope we make the tourney this year, but your premise of making the tourney this year only for currie to turn around and fire oscar next year when we regress is ridiculous.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2016, 11:23:13 PM »
Currie ran the women's coach real quick and she had semi recent success before doing so and so far this year it looks like a decent move. If oscar does what Frank did last year with that South Carolina team, he'll be run. You playing Nostradamus with these outcomes is quite impressive tho. We know our AD on the front end with his hires, oscar is the ugliest one of them, but donors are talking (related to the biggest one now) and Currie understands the heat.

Currie did not hire Deb.

John Currie does not admit mistakes.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2016, 11:28:50 PM »
Not crap? Currie hired Mittie who's doing well for them now.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2016, 08:45:22 AM »

i too hope we make the tourney this year, but your premise of making the tourney this year only for currie to turn around and fire oscar next year when we regress is ridiculous.
I don't think it's that far out of bounds. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deb_Patterson

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2016, 09:08:21 AM »

I don't think it's that far out of bounds. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deb_Patterson

He fired Deb a year after she made the NIT?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2016, 09:09:45 AM »
I think deb (like frank) was somewhat difficult to manage. oscar isn't. I think that makes a pretty big difference for our guy JC, but it's possible that I'm wrong.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2016, 09:15:58 AM »

Also, good point on the management stuff, RD! We do need to take that into account.

He fired Deb a year after she made the NIT?
Two years removed from the tourney. I'm just saying, it's not crazy to think that going only 3 out of 6 years to the tourney at your time at K-State isn't beneath firing.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 10:24:27 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2016, 10:19:46 AM »
I think deb (like frank) was somewhat difficult to manage. oscar isn't. I think that makes a pretty big difference for our guy JC, but it's possible that I'm wrong.

Correct. There is no way Frank or Deb would have survived a season that oscar had last year. The athletic department essentially told everyone a fictional account of what would happen if Frank stayed, as a reason that we were lucky he left. These things have actually happened during oscar and he made it through with barely a scratch.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2016, 11:21:20 AM »
:frown:
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2016/12/28/college-basketball-conference-reset-the-big-12s-best-players-and-biggest-story-lines/
POSTSEASON PREDICTIONS

Tourney teams

1.Kansas: [...]
2. Baylor: [...]
3. West Virginia: [...]
4. Oklahoma State: [...]
5. Iowa State: [...]
6. Texas Tech: [...]

NIT teams
7. Oklahoma: [...]
8. TCU: [...]

Autobid or bust
9. Kansas State: The Wildcats have exceeded expectations through the non-conference portion of their schedule but they haven’t been tested at all, either. Their younger players will certainly be put to the test in the grinding 18-game conference slate.
10. Texas: [...]
:adios:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2016, 11:25:47 AM »
yeah, well if that happens we will have a new coach. or a new AD take your pick

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2016, 11:27:40 AM »
:frown:
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2016/12/28/college-basketball-conference-reset-the-big-12s-best-players-and-biggest-story-lines/
POSTSEASON PREDICTIONS

Tourney teams

1.Kansas: [...]
2. Baylor: [...]
3. West Virginia: [...]
4. Oklahoma State: [...]
5. Iowa State: [...]
6. Texas Tech: [...]

NIT teams
7. Oklahoma: [...]
8. TCU: [...]

Autobid or bust
9. Kansas State: The Wildcats have exceeded expectations through the non-conference portion of their schedule but they haven’t been tested at all, either. Their younger players will certainly be put to the test in the grinding 18-game conference slate.
10. Texas: [...]
What a bunch of dorks.  :lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2016, 01:41:41 PM »
I don't care