Author Topic: You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.  (Read 116690 times)

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.
« Reply #625 on: March 19, 2012, 01:31:00 PM »
Just now reading the board, not interested in reading all 26 pages. Somebody cliff notes me: where are you guys at on your blame game, and what questions need answering?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 19, 2012, 01:34:29 PM »
Just now reading the board, not interested in reading all 26 pages. Somebody cliff notes me: where are you guys at on your blame game, and what questions need answering?

Please list in order of who we should be the most angry at, down to who we should be the least angry at: (TIA)

- Currie
- Jamar
- Frank
- NCAA
- townie snitch
- Malone

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 19, 2012, 01:34:49 PM »

currie is to blame because he overreacted to take a hard line on compliance for his resume and should have made a better statement detailing exactly what and when happened and doesn't care if frank leaves.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 19, 2012, 01:36:20 PM »
Why couldn't Currie have just Ohio Stated this thing and worked out a deal where Jamar gets suspended from future games that he has zero chance of playing in while staying free to play in all the post season play this year?

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 19, 2012, 01:36:31 PM »

currie is to blame because he overreacted to take a hard line on compliance for his resume and should have made a better statement detailing exactly what and when happened and doesn't care if frank leaves.

Incorrect. Not an overreaction. Nothing to do with his resume or with Frank.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: March 19, 2012, 01:37:13 PM »

Please list in order of who we should be the most angry at, down to who we should be the least angry at: (TIA)

- Currie
- Jamar
- Frank
- NCAA
- townie snitch
- Malone

1. NCAA
2. Malone
3. Jamar
4. Everybody else

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 19, 2012, 01:38:14 PM »
hmmm. This is a twist.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 19, 2012, 01:38:30 PM »
 :sdeek:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 19, 2012, 01:38:36 PM »
Why couldn't Currie have just Ohio Stated this thing and worked out a deal where Jamar gets suspended from future games that he has zero chance of playing in while staying free to play in all the post season play this year?

He's a senior, no upcoming games to suspend him for.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 19, 2012, 01:39:31 PM »

Did we tell the NCAA first or did they already know (Mr. Third Party told them as well) ?
RIP Fatty

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 19, 2012, 01:39:39 PM »
Sooo, NCAA has stupid money rules that we have all discussed in past.

Did Malone snitch himself as some major F You to Frank for past issues and Jamar was the perfect weapon to do so with?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 19, 2012, 01:39:58 PM »

so what's the consequence if you just play him? Did the NCAA make that call, or Currie?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 19, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »
What is the name and address of the townie snitch?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 19, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »

I know, that's the Zero Chance thing.  was a joke.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 19, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »
What is the name and address of the townie snitch?

I have a feeling it's the guy who is threatened by Jamar wanting to become Mayor of Manhattan.

Early smear campaign from a guy who isn't a fan of orgies in his front yard on top of puke covered trash.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 19, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
Now we have to wonder how much (if any) dirt Malone has on the K-State program if we get too aggressive in "cutting ties."

The ties have been cut.  We're not getting anyone from DC Assault any time soon.  But we (being the fans) don't know what Malone has been doing with our numerous recruits over the years.

Look, everyone got screwed but Malone.  Honestly, I don't really want to poke that bear with a stick.  We got a great foundation built with DC Assault kids, and our sacrifice was a loss in a second round NCAA tournament game that may or may not have still happened with Jamar.

If the AD comes out with a statement issuing regret over the situation and lauding Jamar for being a good kid who made a great contribution to KSU for 4.5 years, I'd call it good.

Malone just scares the ---- out of me.

In the not too distant past, I remember everyone sayin " what we need is a good AAU connection so we can get recruits and win, to hell with the consequences", and now we don't want that? 

The only real issue here is not playing Jamar if you follow the former line of thinking, and the idea that no recruits will come here now because of the action taken against Jamar, and FM.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 19, 2012, 01:44:00 PM »

so what's the consequence if you just play him? Did the NCAA make that call, or Currie?

The same thing happened to Miami FL with Durand Scott -- when a player receives improper benefits, he is immediately ineligible and has to be withheld from play until the NCAA reinstatement committee rules on what needs to happen for him to return. The reinstatement committee is who K-State was working with on game day and even during play. If you play an ineligible player you will end up vacating the win, forfeit any revenue from the game, and risk probation. If the NCAA finds out you knew about the player being ineligible and played him anyway, that's how you end up with jobs lost, postseason bans and scholarship reductions.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 19, 2012, 01:44:58 PM »
Now we have to wonder how much (if any) dirt Malone has on the K-State program if we get too aggressive in "cutting ties."

The ties have been cut.  We're not getting anyone from DC Assault any time soon.  But we (being the fans) don't know what Malone has been doing with our numerous recruits over the years.

Look, everyone got screwed but Malone.  Honestly, I don't really want to poke that bear with a stick.  We got a great foundation built with DC Assault kids, and our sacrifice was a loss in a second round NCAA tournament game that may or may not have still happened with Jamar.

If the AD comes out with a statement issuing regret over the situation and lauding Jamar for being a good kid who made a great contribution to KSU for 4.5 years, I'd call it good.

Malone just scares the ---- out of me.

In the not too distant past, I remember everyone sayin " what we need is a good AAU connection so we can get recruits and win, to hell with the consequences", and now we don't want that? 

The only real issue here is not playing Jamar if you follow the former line of thinking, and the idea that no recruits will come here now because of the action taken against Jamar, and FM.

Not that we don't want that, it's that we already lost that from Malone with Beaz.  Nothing going on right now, that anyone seems to know of, suggests that Malone has any interest in reconnecting with KSU.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 19, 2012, 01:47:08 PM »
capt crap is going to tow the company line on this one.  i'm standing firm that currie is a jackass.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 19, 2012, 01:50:47 PM »

The same thing happened to Miami FL with Durand Scott -- when a player receives improper benefits, he is immediately ineligible and has to be withheld from play until the NCAA reinstatement committee rules on what needs to happen for him to return. The reinstatement committee is who K-State was working with on game day and even during play. If you play an ineligible player you will end up vacating the win, forfeit any revenue from the game, and risk probation. If the NCAA finds out you knew about the player being ineligible and played him anyway, that's how you end up with jobs lost, postseason bans and scholarship reductions.

why hasn't Currie publicly said this?

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 19, 2012, 01:54:05 PM »

Incorrect. Not an overreaction. Nothing to do with his resume or with Frank.

Will Frank leave over this?

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 19, 2012, 01:54:42 PM »
capt crap is going to tow the company line on this one.  i'm standing firm that currie is a jackass.

You guys are acting like there were multiple options available to K-State once they found out about the violation, and then Currie or somebody in Compliance purposely chose the shittiest one. That isn't how it works, at all.

There's basically two options when they are made aware of a violation: report it or ignore it. Once you choose to report it, there's a process they go through (rule him ineligible, apply for reinstatement, get a ruling). Once it's reported, the only judgement involved is that of the NCAA.

If you choose to ignore it, you are taking a serious risk -- when it comes out later (which it almost certainly would have, considering who it was) and the NCAA finds out that K-State knew and chose to overlook a potentially serious violation, they come down hard -- postseason bans, scholarship reductions, etc. You really want to go down that road over $200?

I know it sucks, but really K-State was in a pretty awful spot with no real options. If you want to upset with anything I'd say be upset with the NCAA for ruling it a violation despite CM and JS previous relationship.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 19, 2012, 01:56:44 PM »

You guys are acting like there were multiple options available to K-State once they found out about the violation, and then Currie or somebody in Compliance purposely chose the shittiest one. That isn't how it works, at all.

Why isn't townie snitch #1 on your list?

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 19, 2012, 01:57:04 PM »

why hasn't Currie publicly said this?

My guess is that he will explain the situation at some point in the next few days, probably once he gets home from the girls game in CT.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 19, 2012, 02:00:28 PM »

So it isn't an option to say "let's not rush to judgment, we need to investigate this fully and extensively.  Innocent until proven guilty etc."?