Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1461420 times)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2010, 10:31:20 AM »
Chiefs opponents combined record?  1-8.   :blindfold:

And if they'd beaten the Chiefs, they'd be 4-5.

That doesn't really prove a point.  You could give all the teams an extra win and they'd still combine to be less than .500.

Neither does the combined record after 3 weeks. A third of the games in it are the Chiefs' wins. San Diego is the favorite to win the AFC West: if they suck, then the Chiefs' chances of winning the West and making the playoffs is all the better. Cleveland sucks, but if you want to go to the playoffs you have to win those games on the road. San Fran was picked to win the West, but they're now falling apart, and the Chiefs demolished them. Again, what you should do as a playoff team.

I'm not saying that they aren't doing what they need to.  It's just funny how everyone is overreacting to victories over what appear to be 3 very poor teams.
Meh. Yeah I think some people talking playoffs are a bit premature, considering SD always starts out sluggish.  Still, this is a team that won 4 games all of last year, and now we are at 3.  That is improvement.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2010, 10:40:35 AM »

I'm not saying that they aren't doing what they need to.  It's just funny how everyone is overreacting to victories over what appear to be 3 very poor teams.

Not a Chiefs fan here, but pretty lame argument to say, "Being 3-0 against these 3 teams shouldn't be something to be happy about." Last year they would of been 1-2 at best in these three games. There's improvement there whether you want to believe it or not.

Where did I say that.  I said overreacting.  Being happy isn't overreacting, they couldn't be any better than 3-0 if they had beaten all the teams they played by 60 points.  I'm just saying a lot of people are making playoff (and super bowl) predictions for the team and I find it funny.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2010, 10:47:20 AM »

I'm not saying that they aren't doing what they need to.  It's just funny how everyone is overreacting to victories over what appear to be 3 very poor teams.

Not a Chiefs fan here, but pretty lame argument to say, "Being 3-0 against these 3 teams shouldn't be something to be happy about." Last year they would of been 1-2 at best in these three games. There's improvement there whether you want to believe it or not.

Where did I say that.  I said overreacting.  Being happy isn't overreacting, they couldn't be any better than 3-0 if they had beaten all the teams they played by 60 points.  I'm just saying a lot of people are making playoff (and super bowl) predictions for the team and I find it funny.

Oh I agree with you it's too early to be predicting playoffs.

Offline number_one_KSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2010, 10:49:34 AM »
Hey guys, great thread! 

Boy do I love cheering for the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!  Me and the boys just love TAILGATING before and after a great CHIEFS victory!  Star RUNNINGBACK LARRY JOHNSON is as unstoppable as the partnership between HY-VEE and the CHIEFS.  Many touchdowns they are making on the field of battle, and equally tasty snacks and steaks can be bought at HY-VEE for the big game!  Be sure to check out this week's specials!

GO CHEIFS
and
GO HY-VEE!

Thanks guys!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2010, 10:52:42 AM »

If the Chiefs beat the rest of the teams on their schedule who are currently either 1-2 or 0-3, they will will win 11 games. It won't happen, but it's silly to say that the Chiefs will not make the playoffs because they haven't beaten a team with a winning record.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2010, 10:59:46 AM »
Hey guys, great thread! 

Boy do I love cheering for the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!  Me and the boys just love TAILGATING before and after a great CHIEFS victory!  Star RUNNINGBACK LARRY JOHNSON is as unstoppable as the partnership between HY-VEE and the CHIEFS.  Many touchdowns they are making on the field of battle, and equally tasty snacks and steaks can be bought at HY-VEE for the big game!  Be sure to check out this week's specials!

GO CHEIFS
and
GO HY-VEE!

Thanks guys!

love this guy

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2010, 11:07:39 AM »

If the Chiefs beat the rest of the teams on their schedule who are currently either 1-2 or 0-3, they will will win 11 games. It won't happen, but it's silly to say that the Chiefs will not make the playoffs because they haven't beaten a team with a winning record.

I also didn't say they wouldn't make the playoffs.  Are there translation issues here?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2010, 11:35:16 AM »

I also didn't say they wouldn't make the playoffs.  Are there translation issues here?

I guess so. :dunno:

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2010, 11:38:50 AM »
It's too early to be assuming your team that won 4 games last year is going to make the playoffs after beating 3 bad teams.  If they end up better than 3-2 in 3 weeks, then you can start getting pretty excited.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2010, 09:58:47 AM »
The Chiefs will make the playoffs.

Even though I think they they'll split the next two road games, let's assume they lose both and fall to 3-2. Then they get back-to-back home games against awful Jacksonville and even worse Buffalo. It's hard to envision the Chiefs finishing worse than 2-2 over the next four games.

Assuming they do, they'll be 5-2 and guaranteed the division lead through eight weeks of the season.

The next four games after that: @ Oakland, @ Denver, vs. Arizona, @ Seattle.

None of these teams are particularly good, but all of them—with the exception of the Cards—should have better than a 50% chance of winning. The Chiefs will be small underdogs in all three road games.

Let's assume the worst and say the Chiefs go 1-3 during this stretch.

That's 6-5 w/ 5 to play.

Of the next three games, the Chiefs are home to Denver, @ San Diego, and @ St. Louis. There is no reason why they shouldn't be able to take care of the Broncos and Rams. A loss to the Chargers is probably inevitable.

8-6 w/ 2 to play. The last two games are at home (Tenn, Oak).

Can't ask for much more than to have two games against mediocre teams at noisy Arrowhead to get you into the playoffs.

:ksu: :ksu: :ksu:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2010, 10:45:21 AM »
It's hard to envision the Chiefs finishing worse than 2-2 over the next four games.

It's not that hard.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
Yeah, buffalo actually didn't look too bad against new england with fitzpatrick at qb.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2010, 01:56:28 PM »
San Fran looked pretty decent against the Saints the week before they played the Chiefs.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2010, 03:23:57 PM »
Yeah, buffalo actually didn't look too bad against new england with fitzpatrick at qb.

Chan has got to have a little something extra for Haley after he canned him right before the season.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2010, 03:27:44 PM »

Chan has got to have a little something extra for Haley after he canned him right before the season.

Probably like a quadruple reverse flea flicker statue of liberty fumblerooski.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2010, 10:12:33 PM »
Last undefeated team in the NFL.  Whodathunkit?   :woot:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2010, 10:28:55 PM »
Any idea what the percentages are of the last undefeated team making the playoffs?  Gotta be pretty high.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2010, 10:39:48 PM »

Probably like a quadruple reverse flea flicker statue of liberty fumblerooski.

kickoff fake trip!?   :horrorsurprise:

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2010, 11:19:47 PM »
go chiefs! I almost one them to suck alot this year and get 1 more elite draft pick.... such as a WR like.AJGREEN...
EMAW

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2010, 11:24:36 PM »
Any idea what the percentages are of the last undefeated team making the playoffs?  Gotta be pretty high.

Considering pretty much every year there's one that goes 8-0 or better, its probably 100%.  This is about the earliest I remember there being only one left.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2010, 01:26:19 AM »
Has to be the earliest it's ever happened. It's really weird. % probability of only one team left by week 3 has to be insanely low.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2010, 05:18:24 AM »
Has to be the earliest it's ever happened. It's really weird. % probability of only one team left by week 3 has to be insanely low.

Its week 4.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2010, 08:13:16 AM »

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2010, 09:51:55 AM »
Will the Chiefs remain undefeated after this weekend?  Or will they go down like my cats?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2010, 10:15:18 AM »
Big game today.   :ohno: