Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 297764 times)

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #300 on: March 22, 2012, 01:40:22 PM »
If we are going to say Frank gets paid 1.8ish after mandatory bonuses, we have to increase the comparable coaches #s to reflect the bonuses they get too.  There isn't a coach in major college basketball that doesn't have those.
:adios:

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2012, 01:41:22 PM »
guys, #notworried is a great place to be

you all should join me!

#notworried   but it is entertaining   :bwpopcorn:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »
no, going back to well before that Frank was making an effort to be less animated and less profane, because of the reason I listed above.   This according to a friend who works with the athletic dept. regularly.    the letter came much later, and ratcheted up his efforts.

going back to well before martin has attempted to gain other employment?  a lifelong struggle, you say,
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 22, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »
This convo is about whether Frank wants out at KSU because Currie is a douche.  We're talking about whether Currie is rough ridin' Frank. 

The FACTS are that Frank is getting paid.  his assistants are getting paid.  he's getting the facilities that FRANK deserves and the fans want FRANK to have.

Bottom Line - why is Frank unhappy?     

you're right on target here, so i'm confused at why your other posts are so off target.  this has little to nothing to do with money.  it is entirely about martin and currie hating each other.

it shouldn't be phrased as martin being so unhappy though, it's a mutual antipathy.  currie wants to work with martin no more than martin wants to work with currie.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 22, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »

Dumbass, any decent AD would have built that facility.  As sys pointed out the wins took care of the donations, if Currie didn't build the practice facility he would have been a worse AD than the three that proceeded him.  Currie does not get credit for "doing that for Frank."  You can't use that as one of the reasons Frank should be grateful to Currie.  Don't runaway from your point because that is precisely why you mentioned it.  It was dumb and dishonest.

Currie gets credit, the same as Martin gets credit.  Martin inhereted NBA talent and Huggins' DC Assault pipeline.  So, I guess he doesn't get credit for turning them into 20 game winners.  I mean, if he didn't take Huggins' compilation of players to the tournament... 

I can buy that logic.  Pretty stuipd.  But, at least I see where you're coming from. 

nope. wrong.

anything good happens = frank

anything bad happens = currie

you better recognize.

You two are BITB at building strawmen.  I don't believe I ever said Currie doesn't get credit for building the BTF.  He gets plenty of credit, it just doesn't get to be used as a talking point for reasons why Frank should put up with Currie.  Currie didn't build the BTF for Frank.  If he built it for anyone it was himself.  If he didn't no coach worth a damn would come here or stay here.  Currie would have had the same legacy of the three ADs who proceeded him, what are they doing these days?

So yes, clap for John Currie for being the guy who pulled the switch on the BTF.  However, you need to acknowledge that he certainly benefited in some way from being at the right place at the right time and he made a decision that 99% of anyone with an IQ over 75 would have made.  He certainly made that correct decision and he should be credited but it shouldn't be brought up in the context that it was.

I look forward to the next strawman argument to defend this indefensible stance.  Credit to rusty btw.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #305 on: March 22, 2012, 01:48:20 PM »

Oh man, an AD overseeing something he's responsible for?  John could beg emaw from coast to coast with 6 win confy seasons and build some rinky dink thing to put a smile on wooly 2.0 or he could hit the road off the back of an elite 8 and do what he did.

You are making it sound like Currie willed the practice facility into being with his Southern charm and business acumen.  Whatever.  Pay Frank 2.0, let the tards fall where they may.

This convo is about whether Frank wants out at KSU because Currie is a douche.  We're talking about whether Currie is rough ridin' Frank. 

The FACTS are that Frank is getting paid.  his assistants are getting paid.  he's getting the facilities that FRANK deserves and the fans want FRANK to have.

Did I say I know the answer to that question?  Pretty sure I never have.  But you're right about the question.  The man that should be solving it is John Currie.  So far the only thing I still know is Frank is unhappy.  That's a John problem, not a Frank problem.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 22, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »
Doug Davalos coaching the ksucats is going to be absurdly entertaining

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 22, 2012, 01:52:35 PM »
I want the band to stay together. That's all.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 22, 2012, 01:54:20 PM »
He gets plenty of credit, it just doesn't get to be used as a talking point for reasons why Frank should put up with Currie.
i deleted all the other stuff you posted and want to focus on this.

yes it does. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 22, 2012, 01:55:51 PM »
I want the band to stay together. That's all.

I wouldn't mind if they tried a new producer (AD) for the next album if that is what it takes to keep the lead singer (HCFM) happy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 22, 2012, 01:57:26 PM »

Oh man, an AD overseeing something he's responsible for?  John could beg emaw from coast to coast with 6 win confy seasons and build some rinky dink thing to put a smile on wooly 2.0 or he could hit the road off the back of an elite 8 and do what he did.

You are making it sound like Currie willed the practice facility into being with his Southern charm and business acumen.  Whatever.  Pay Frank 2.0, let the tards fall where they may.

Did I say I know the answer to that question?  Pretty sure I never have.  But you're right about the question.  The man that should be solving it is John Currie.  So far the only thing I still know is Frank is unhappy.  That's a John problem, not a Frank problem.

I think Frank is a paranoid bad person and would hate any boss, so I would say Currie was a right place, right time guy w/ regards to the BTF and a wrong place/wrong guy with regards to having to deal with Frank's personality.

What's maddening is how mutually advantageous it would be for both Currie and Martin to act like adults and not "hate" each other. They can do great things together, and it's what's best for both of them! But no! We have a personality conflict, so we are going rough ridin' throw our careers down the drain to prove a point.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 22, 2012, 01:58:34 PM »

well, i'm not sure what kind of proof you want that he had one, but he did. and yeah it goes kill your argument that currie will give him a raise without frank having an offer to go somewhere else. that's all frank knows. the only time he negotiated a conctract with currie, currie embarassinly low balled him and then finally agreed to a fair offer when frank went in contract in hand. you did try to make that argument. it was a couple of pages ago. go find it if you want. also it was 2 years ago, not 3. also, frank is not making 1.8 with mandatory bonuses. so there you go... three inaccuracies in your four sentence response above. good job jackass.

Tell me more about this DePaul job offer, about which you have no information.   :popcorn:  Also, tell me what Currie's original low ball offer was.  What was Frank's agent's response?  This super insidery tale of deceipt and lies will assuredly be rivetting. 

The Contract extension was worked out during the 2009-2010 season.  As reported, "the athletic director began contract discussions during the season and accelerated the talks as Martin reeled off victory after victory."  so, yeah they were taling contract back in '09.  do i get a point for that?

On the $$$.  As reported "Currie said Martin would make an average of $1.55 million for the 2010-11 season through 2014-15, and also receive a signing bonus of $462,800, along with a "nationally competitive" incentives program that could add up to 32% of his base salary."  So yeah, nice round 1.8mil isn't far off. 

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 22, 2012, 02:03:58 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 22, 2012, 02:05:27 PM »
the worst thing about frank potentially leaving would be angel leaving.  god that would hurt.  hurt right in the balls. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 22, 2012, 02:07:40 PM »

well, i'm not sure what kind of proof you want that he had one, but he did. and yeah it goes kill your argument that currie will give him a raise without frank having an offer to go somewhere else. that's all frank knows. the only time he negotiated a conctract with currie, currie embarassinly low balled him and then finally agreed to a fair offer when frank went in contract in hand. you did try to make that argument. it was a couple of pages ago. go find it if you want. also it was 2 years ago, not 3. also, frank is not making 1.8 with mandatory bonuses. so there you go... three inaccuracies in your four sentence response above. good job jackass.

Tell me more about this DePaul job offer, about which you have no information.   :popcorn:  Also, tell me what Currie's original low ball offer was.  What was Frank's agent's response?  This super insidery tale of deceipt and lies will assuredly be rivetting. 

The Contract extension was worked out during the 2009-2010 season.  As reported, "the athletic director began contract discussions during the season and accelerated the talks as Martin reeled off victory after victory."  so, yeah they were taling contract back in '09.  do i get a point for that?

On the $$$.  As reported "Currie said Martin would make an average of $1.55 million for the 2010-11 season through 2014-15, and also receive a signing bonus of $462,800, along with a "nationally competitive" incentives program that could add up to 32% of his base salary."  So yeah, nice round 1.8mil isn't far off.

1) stop trying to big time me. you can't.

2) i guess when you emphatically stated that frank is making 1.8 what you really meant to say is that frank could be making close to 1.8 three years from now if he's still at kstate. gotcha. i'm currently typing this from a beach in the caribbean btw. dead serious. also btw, i'm not going to the caribbean until november or december.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2012, 02:10:44 PM »
dax already pointed out that frank is making more than $1.8 this year

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 22, 2012, 02:13:43 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2012, 02:14:45 PM »

no, going back to well before that Frank was making an effort to be less animated and less profane, because of the reason I listed above.   This according to a friend who works with the athletic dept. regularly.    the letter came much later, and ratcheted up his efforts.

Right.  the AD really has very little to do with raising money.  If there is success on the court/field, money will simply pour in. 

What does an athletic director do, anyway?  serious question.  And why do schools pay these guys close to $1mil a year.

This has now become the best post in this thread.  Simply incredible.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 22, 2012, 02:14:53 PM »

2) i guess when you emphatically stated that frank is making 1.8 what you really meant to say is that frank could be making close to 1.8 three years from now if he's still at kstate. gotcha. i'm currently typing this from a beach in the caribbean btw. dead serious. also btw, i'm not going to the caribbean until november or december.

You're from the future  :surprised:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2012, 02:16:35 PM »

I'm not trying to big time you.  It's just happening. 

re the 1.8.  Dax post:

In a month Frank will be paid a $250K bonus just for being at K-State.  (Also don't forget he was paid another $468K bonus just for signing his re-done contract a couple of years ago). 

He's also going to get a $104K bonus for reaching the NCAA tourney, he's going to get a $25K bonus for for K-State's rising APR score, he might get another $50K bonus if men's basketball's GSR is higher than the student body.   

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2012, 02:18:08 PM »

I think Frank is a paranoid bad person and would hate any boss, so I would say Currie was a right place, right time guy w/ regards to the BTF and a wrong place/wrong guy with regards to having to deal with Frank's personality.

What's maddening is how mutually advantageous it would be for both Currie and Martin to act like adults and not "hate" each other. They can do great things together, and it's what's best for both of them! But no! We have a personality conflict, so we are going rough ridin' throw our careers down the drain to prove a point.

I know that we've seen Currie just a few feet from Frank scribbling notes and that's wrong.  There is no circumstance where that is okay.  Every AD evaluates their coaches, I can't recall it being done so publicly, that was wrong.  We also know Currie continues to shadow Frank, he sat at the experts table near Frank on Saturday.  I have been to Women's games and I've never seen Currie sitting near Deb's bench.  I went to a game last year where I was about 4 rows closer to Deb than Currie was.  Of course Frank knows this and of course it pisses him off, as it should.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 22, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »

I know that we've seen Currie just a few feet from Frank scribbling notes and that's wrong.  There is no circumstance where that is okay.  Every AD evaluates their coaches, I can't recall it being done so publicly, that was wrong.  We also know Currie continues to shadow Frank, he sat at the experts table near Frank on Saturday.  I have been to Women's games and I've never seen Currie sitting near Deb's bench.  I went to a game last year where I was about 4 rows closer to Deb than Currie was.  Of course Frank knows this and of course it pisses him off, as it should.

Maybe Currie has a guy, and he is trying to run Frank off  :dunno:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 22, 2012, 02:23:27 PM »

I can't tell if this post is serious. 

ADs sit at the scorers table - and it's not because the coach is in time out.  It's because they run the f'n place.   

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 22, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »

I'm not trying to big time you.  It's just happening. 

re the 1.8.  Dax post:

In a month Frank will be paid a $250K bonus just for being at K-State.  (Also don't forget he was paid another $468K bonus just for signing his re-done contract a couple of years ago). 

He's also going to get a $104K bonus for reaching the NCAA tourney, he's going to get a $25K bonus for for K-State's rising APR score, he might get another $50K bonus if men's basketball's GSR is higher than the student body.   

If we are going to say Frank gets paid 1.8ish after mandatory bonuses, we have to increase the comparable coaches #s to reflect the bonuses they get too.  There isn't a coach in major college basketball that doesn't have those.

Yeah, he gets bonuses. So does everyone else.  Include that in everyone else's salary and suddenly 1.5-2.2 isn't the appropriate range, it's more like 2.0-2.7.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 22, 2012, 02:27:30 PM »
the worst thing about frank potentially leaving would be angel leaving.  god that would hurt.  hurt right in the balls.

I would still proudly wear my #teamangel shirt