Author Topic: Bars in the 'Ville  (Read 129551 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bars in the 'Ville
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2011, 11:01:30 PM »
You know what cracks me up, cover charges in the ville....especially during the summertime.  lmao.....still lmao. gmafb guy Im not paying that and your still going to let me in

Yeah, scathing indictment of Mae's right there.

True story. Great friends with people that used to work at maes. They would have people that would turn around and walk away due to a one dollar cover. The guys working the door would laugh. Pretty funny.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2011, 11:22:41 PM »
Love Mae's anytime of the year. It's hard to beat RAB's patio in the summer, though.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2011, 01:24:03 AM »
Got third at AM's trivia two weeks ago.  Hello gift card.
 :cool:  :kstategrad:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2011, 11:54:54 AM »
How did no one mention Hibachi?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »

Tried to do trivia last night, showed at 7pm all the tables were taken.  What time do you have to put your name in?  Summer is very hard to judge.  Sometimes you roll in at 7:20 and plop down.  What gives Trivia Nite?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2011, 03:16:31 PM »

Tried to do trivia last night, showed at 7pm all the tables were taken.  What time do you have to put your name in?  Summer is very hard to judge.  Sometimes you roll in at 7:20 and plop down.  What gives Trivia Nite?

how many people can be on a team? because I think a grouping of dlew, daris, Kk and chings would pretty much just put the whole system on trial. thoughts?

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2011, 03:21:13 PM »
does jeff still run the AM's Trivia?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2011, 03:37:30 PM »
yeah, jeff still handles trivia (let me reiterate, bitb).  not sure if things have changed (played weekly from 05-07 or so) but there wasn't ever a hard limit - available seating usually limits it (over 6 and you're being a dick imo).

it got to be when i was a student that you'd often have to be there by 7 or so - for a while it got so bad you had to preregister your team during the day (like by lunch time or so).

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2011, 04:48:42 PM »
yeah, jeff still handles trivia (let me reiterate, bitb).  not sure if things have changed (played weekly from 05-07 or so) but there wasn't ever a hard limit - available seating usually limits it (over 6 and you're being a dick imo).

it got to be when i was a student that you'd often have to be there by 7 or so - for a while it got so bad you had to preregister your team during the day (like by lunch time or so).

I think we've re-entered those dark days my friends.  It is the summer and this is completely ridiculous.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2011, 05:34:46 PM »

I think we've re-entered those dark days my friends.  It is the summer and this is completely ridiculous.

jfc :horrorsurprise:

just think of the pot when you win - might even cover the tab!  (okay, mine rarely did) :party:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2011, 05:54:38 PM »

how many people can be on a team? because I think a grouping of dlew, daris, Kk and chings would pretty much just put the whole system on trial. thoughts?

If you need a fifth, I could be down.  Hard for me to think of a category you all may not have covered already....

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2011, 07:36:10 PM »
You know what cracks me up, cover charges in the ville....especially during the summertime.  lmao.....still lmao. gmafb guy Im not paying that and your still going to let me in

Had to negotiate covers in louisville before, pretty sure you shouldnt leave the dumbest employee who can't count in charge of collecting fees at the door.
"So how much is that in pubes?"

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2011, 09:08:03 PM »

If you need a fifth, I could be down.  Hard for me to think of a category you all may not have covered already....

My God would love to get this team together.  Next Wed.?  My God.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2011, 10:57:30 PM »

I'm in.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2011, 11:15:14 PM »
eff, now I want to drive to MHK and do this trivia deal.  I'm pretty handy when it comes to useless knowledge stuff.  :cool:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2011, 06:34:01 PM »
eff, now I want to drive to MHK and do this trivia deal.  I'm pretty handy when it comes to useless knowledge stuff.  :cool:

I'd be on your team, jtksu.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2011, 06:39:42 PM »

I'm in.

Can't do it next week but I'd be down for future weeks.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2011, 01:39:07 PM »
No trivia this week.  Host dude is going to Denver.  Also, no can do on the goEMAW team.  Sorry.  But feel free to come so our team can take your guys' money.  Maybe we'll even buy you a drink to ease your guys' pain.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2011, 01:51:36 PM »
No trivia this week.  Host dude is going to Denver.  Also, no can do on the goEMAW team.  Sorry.  But feel free to come so our team can take your guys' money.  Maybe we'll even buy you a drink to ease your guys' pain.

we will destroy you. also, your team sounds like they are smelly.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2011, 08:09:33 PM »

LMAO, big mistake.  You just talked your way out of a complimentary Miller High Life pitcher, Mister.  Big mistake. LMAO.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »

They are generally pretty fantastic smelling people.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2011, 10:21:21 AM »

Are you....IT IS ON!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2011, 09:00:21 PM »

LMAO, big mistake.  You just talked your way out of a complimentary Miller High Life pitcher, Mister.  Big mistake. LMAO.
Tried to warn you.  Better luck next week Revenge of the Townie Shirt Sucks.
 :lol: :kstategrad:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »
:horrorsurprise:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2011, 09:17:31 PM »
I may or may not have seen chicat destroy an entire bar full of people in BWW trivia, for dlew's sake I hope he doesn't make a townie team appearence
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best