Author Topic: More Self realization in AFH; KU ADV  (Read 3356 times)

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: More Self realization in AFH; KU ADV
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 10:45:46 AM »
puffdad is a treat. someone tried to convince me that he was a sock...

puffdad wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- KsJoey wrote:

--- puffdad wrote:

Dean touched it in the post!!!!! He scored!!!

I don't understand what's going on with Dean. You can only blame sickness for so long. Kid started out strong and now is regressing to the point of bust level. Yes, I know he's a freshman, but he was a non-factor once again

It's not hard to understand Joey. They won't throw him the ball. Too bad he didn't go with his second choice of Iowa.

I thought Dean started off very strong in the first ten minutes of the game, contributing in many ways even though he wasn't getting touches he probably should get on this squad. I'm a bit surprised that Dean is getting negative reactions from fans, given that he's a frosh from Saint John who is going through the rigors of his first conference season. Dean's got to get in better shape, from what I can see he tires too quickly when matched up against most conference bigs. On a well balanced roster we wouldn't expect Dean to battle some of the bigs he has to. Overall though, dude is skilled and learning. I think things are looking up for him. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 10:47:01 AM »
I feel better about beating KU at home than I do OU. OU is the better team.

That's probably true. Given oscar's track record, it is likely that we'll beat at least one of them. Our only really poor home effort was against Iowa State.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2016, 10:47:04 AM »
I am sure we can beat them. We'll have a fairly major upset or two before the season's over.

Feeding the flames of tuck's everywhere who continue to discuss our tournament chances when we sit at 2-7 in conference.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 10:48:19 AM »
I thought Dean started off very strong in the first ten minutes of the game, contributing in many ways even though he wasn't getting touches he probably should get on this squad. I'm a bit surprised that Dean is getting negative reactions from fans, given that he's a frosh from Saint John who is going through the rigors of his first conference season. Dean's got to get in better shape, from what I can see he tires too quickly when matched up against most conference bigs. On a well balanced roster we wouldn't expect Dean to battle some of the bigs he has to. Overall though, dude is skilled and learning. I think things are looking up for him. 

Yes, fans that are negative toward Dean are dumb.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 10:54:58 AM »
As far as KU being "bad", that's simply not true right now. They currently rated are about the same as they were the past two seasons. This team will probably finish slightly worse, but will be a "bad" KU team that still finishes in the top 20. They aren't having a Coach K level drop off this year.

this came up in chat, so i looked it up.  kstate fans are just accustomed to the amazingly consistent excellence that ku has had recently (and really for most of our lifetimes).  this last three year run of ku teams ranked 12th (2014), 14th (2015) and 12th (currently, but, imo, more likely to go down than up) actually is historically bad for them, although it would be very good for most teams.  you have to go back to 2004 (16th) and 2005 (13th) to find ku teams out of the top 10 and there is no comparable three year run in kenpom's era.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2016, 11:01:08 AM »
Every time Dean shoots I think it is going in, even though 57% of the time he proves me wrong.

And LOL at the Iowa stuff... He is playing 27 min per game and averaging nearly a 10 & 6. He wouldn't have half of those totals if he was playing behind Uthoff.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2016, 11:11:29 AM »
As far as KU being "bad", that's simply not true right now. They currently rated are about the same as they were the past two seasons. This team will probably finish slightly worse, but will be a "bad" KU team that still finishes in the top 20. They aren't having a Coach K level drop off this year.

this came up in chat, so i looked it up.  kstate fans are just accustomed to the amazingly consistent excellence that ku has had recently (and really for most of our lifetimes).  this last three year run of ku teams ranked 12th (2014), 14th (2015) and 12th (currently, but, imo, more likely to go down than up) actually is historically bad for them, although it would be very good for most teams.  you have to go back to 2004 (16th) and 2005 (13th) to find ku teams out of the top 10 and there is no comparable three year run in kenpom's era.

Good point. Relative to the expectations Self established from 06-13 they are worse. I'm guessing they'll finish between 15-20 this year.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2016, 11:32:45 AM »
They are worse because they have no lottery picks and little to no  nba ready talent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2016, 07:34:04 PM »
I am sure we can beat them. We'll have a fairly major upset or two before the season's over.

going to count this as calling my shot, folks. :gocho:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 07:57:07 PM »
good job rusty