Author Topic: Dick Vitale bet against us  (Read 3415 times)

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dick Vitale bet against us
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 08:02:06 AM »
Bob Knight sounds like a coach who is breaking down a team he's about to play. It's mildly interesting, but it really does not make for good color commentary.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 08:19:26 AM »
Bob Knight sounds like a coach who is breaking down a team he's about to play. It's mildly interesting, but it really does not make for good color commentary.
It was annoying to listen to Knight criticize our defense non-stop, but I took the commentary as a compliment because it was focused almost exclusively on the 'Cats.  What he said about our defense made sense, but he didn't say as much as he could about our marginal free throw shooting.  I expected him to quantify the amount of change we left on the table from poor FT shooting, but he didn't.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 08:34:45 AM »
Surprised Knight bet for us.  You listen to his broadcast and you would assume we sucks something fierce.  His favorite part of our offense tonight was our ability to run garbage time off the clock.

I really think he likes us. He just thinks if we played a little bit more like how he liked to play we'd be better, so he tries to coach us up.

And it's annoying as all effing hell.

Its obvious he likes us, but I think you're right - any style of play that is not his motion offense or his weak ball pressuring defense just doesn't feel like the "right" way to play the game. He kept going on and on about Pullen failing to pull up mid range for jumpers, instead Jake was headed for the rim. Listening to Knight the last 2 games it seems he is not harping on the free throws because of the volume we get, although this doesn't mean it won't cost us in a big game.

The real reason I think Knight talked little about the Zags - he hadn't seen them play.

Zags were soft, other than Sacre. I don't see how Dickie V thought they'd handle us with the basically home crowd. We are deep, may not be a deeper team in the country. 

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 08:42:00 AM »
Bob Knight, I think, has wet dreams about Spradling.  That kid can do no wrong in his mind.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 09:29:24 AM »
Bob Knight, I think, has wet dreams about Spradling.  That kid can do no wrong in his mind.

there were actually a couple times where he criticized spradz.

how bout this, stop whining every time someone rides us. stop being such a pussy.

and fwiw, listening to bob knight (who knows more about basketball than you*), is nowhere near as bad as listening to dick vitale talking about diapers and duke.

*and its not even close

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 09:52:03 AM »
Bob Knight, I think, has wet dreams about Spradling.  That kid can do no wrong in his mind.

how bout this, stop whining every time someone rides us. stop being such a pussy.

and fwiw, listening to bob knight (who knows more about basketball than you*), is nowhere near as bad as listening to dick vitale talking about diapers and duke.

*and its not even close

Easy trigger, I like the way Bob Knight talks up Spradling.  I was just sharing a obsrv. from the last 2 games he called.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 10:01:18 AM »

*and its not even close

Easy trigger, I like the way Bob Knight talks up Spradling.  I was just sharing a obsrv. from the last 2 games he called.

oh man. sorry. i didn't mean to come of like that to you. only the first sentence of my post was in reply to your quote. the rest was directed to anyone (jtksu) who is complaining about Mr. Knight. i can definitely see how it came off like I was going after you. totally didn't mean it.

also i've never been called trigger before, that was pretty cool. made me feel like i was a hot head cop just breaking into the force.