Author Topic: Are we Auburn's Super Bowl?  (Read 18599 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Are we Auburn's Super Bowl?
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2014, 04:46:37 PM »
ageist too? :frown:

The Big Train

« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2014, 04:50:41 PM »
for having a name like The_Truth you would at least think he wasn't drinking his own kool-aid

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2014, 10:02:49 PM »
Finebaum is an idiot. Unless you are bowing and worshipping St. Nick $aban, that guy won't let you finish a sentence.  If Phyllis was an Auburn fan, no one would ever hear from her. He hangs up or talks over any Auburn fan that calls that show. Or at least he used to. I live in Eugene Oregon now, and go to the UO now, so I could care less about that absolute joke of a broadcaster.

Squawkstin Beak was really AUstin Beak all along?   :Wha:

He played the long game.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2014, 10:10:06 PM »
It's called a fan base that travels. I'm guessing something the Big 12 isn't too familiar with.
@mikec2w

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2014, 10:27:40 PM »
I think that's fair to say.  I have many friends who passed on going to both the title game in 2010 and 2013 because they had made plans to trip to Manhattan, KS to attend this contest.  Granted, we had our share at both title games but for those on tight budgets this is the game that an overwhelming majority of our fans have made sacrifices to attend.
Finally, a AU-burn fan who speaks the true.  Doesn't it feel good you free yourself of all the lies told around here.  :cheers:

P.S.  I'll see you at the "Superbowl Game".
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:00:59 PM by Katdaddy »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2014, 10:40:52 PM »
I'm hearing reports that many local businesses are going to be closed on Friday so their employees can go out partying Thursday night. This game is huge to them. It's just too bad those poor souls think they are actually going to win.

:blush:
http://www.auburnalabama.org/PressRelease.aspx?PRID=1256
Super Bowl confirmed.

Can’t make it to Kansas State? Head downtown to the Gay Street parking lot to watch Auburn on the big screen on Thursday, Sept. 18. :lol:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2014, 10:48:25 PM »
Or I guess they could be called The Little 10 now. No idea why they haven't learned simple subtraction by now.

Or that the Big 10 is now actually the Big 1214. It is all so confusing......
FYP  :blush:

Offline auairman

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2014, 11:00:22 PM »
There's about 5 RVs with AU flags a flying in the meat goat lots.

Small crowd

Normal to show up 2+ days to game time? Family vacation?

Well our real "super bowl" type games  people are rolling in  monday or tuesday.   I remember in the 90's staking out our tent in front of the eagle's nest for the Bama game on Sunday prior.  Unfortunately they changed the campus and the eagle's nest is no more.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2014, 11:02:16 PM »

Small crowd

Well our real "super bowl" type games  people are rolling in  monday or tuesday.   I remember in the 90's staking out our tent for the Bama game on Sunday prior.

:eek:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2014, 11:02:27 PM »

Small crowd

Well our real "super bowl" type games  people are rolling in  monday or tuesday.   I remember in the 90's staking out our tent for the Bama game on Sunday prior.
Do you know what day of the week it is?  :whistle1:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2014, 11:02:59 PM »

Small crowd

Bless your heart.
@mikec2w

Offline auairman

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2014, 11:04:10 PM »
Do you know what day of the week it is?  :whistle1:

For a Saturday game.  Obviously I thought you had enough intelligence to count the number of days till game time and compare. I guess I was asking too much.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:26:47 PM by auairman »

The Big Train

« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2014, 11:04:50 PM »

Small crowd

Well our real "super bowl" type games  people are rolling in  monday or tuesday.   I remember in the 90's staking out our tent in front of the eagle's nest for the Bama game on Sunday prior.  Unfortunately they changed the campus and the eagle's nest is no more.

playing the team that kicks your ass every year by 30 isnt really a rivalry, even if they are in the same state

Offline The_Truth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2014, 11:06:46 PM »
All that gum smacking just to watch your little team get beat up and down the field. It's a shame you don't know what's coming. That "hostile environment" will be cleared out after 3 quarters from sheer embarrassment. Just a bump in the road for the Auburn Tigers. Hold into those popcorn bags so you can use them as a personal trash can for all those s**t tickets you'll use for either tears or to wipe that ass clean after we beat the s**t out of the house cats.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2014, 11:10:27 PM »
All that gum smacking just to watch your little team get beat up and down the field. It's a shame you don't know what's coming. That "hostile environment" will be cleared out after 3 quarters from sheer embarrassment. Just a bump in the road for the Auburn Tigers. Hold into those popcorn bags so you can use them as a personal trash can for all those s**t tickets you'll use for either tears or to wipe that ass clean after we beat the s**t out of the house cats.

Pro tip:  You can type crap here...no one really cares.
@mikec2w

Offline Denim Vest

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2014, 11:10:45 PM »
I hereby banish you from the internet FOR LIFE. Godspeed sweet child.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2014, 11:12:05 PM »

You suck at message boarding.  I hope your defense-less team is better.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2014, 11:12:38 PM »
The impending piss-pounding is really eating at some folks.

Offline auairman

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2014, 11:14:15 PM »
playing the team that kicks your ass every year by 30 isnt really a rivalry, even if they are in the same state

We actually have had the better of our in-state rival in the last  30 years.  In the last 5 we are only  3-2(oh the horror),the years we lost they won the NC.  Give us a little history about your closest rivalry?

The Big Train

« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2014, 11:15:39 PM »

gum smacking is usually caused from not putting the dentures in, i hear its a common problem down in the south east.  i mean hostile environment can mean a lot of things, in our case you cant hear once you enter the stadium.  i do hear hostile down in the south east is not the same definition. 

also, we are actually very censored here.  the pure uncensored board is at www.gopowercat.com, they basically have no rules.  7 day free trial too!

Offline The_Truth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2014, 11:18:59 PM »
But I like y'all so much. Don't ask me to leave.

The Big Train

« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »
im not asking you to leave, just informing you that this is a family board, i mean my 12 year old posts here for gods sake.  we are all about reasonable football discussions here.  if you want to post smut and vulgar stuff, www.gopowercat.com is the place to post that non-sense.  Plus, they have a 7-day free trial.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2014, 11:25:04 PM »

We actually have had the better of our in-state rival in the last  30 years.  In the last 5 we are only  3-2(oh the horror),the years we lost they won the NC.  Give us a little history about your closest rivalry?

We are currently 8-6 all time vs our biggest rival, the Texas Longhorns. We are also 2-0 vs the USC Trojans.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2014, 11:25:51 PM »

That's probably Texas.  We've taken 5 of the last 6 though & hadn't lost to the Whorns for 10 yrs until the broke our streak last year.  This year in Manhattan will be a bloodbath as we seek our revenge.

:lynchmob:
bears are fast...

Offline auairman

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2014, 11:33:46 PM »

We are currently 8-6 all time vs our biggest rival, the Texas Longhorns. We are also 2-0 vs the USC Trojans.

Wow really?   8-6 "all time",  And that is your biggest rival?  I must be missing something. Our other big  rivalry  vs UGA  :55–54–8   Now that is a rivalry!
By the way we are 9-5 against bama  in the last 14 just to compare apples to apples.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:40:14 PM by auairman »