Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 378628 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #4525 on: January 29, 2022, 09:06:14 PM »
Man, that rules. I hate farming but maybe I won’t at some point?

It's your destiny SD. ben ji's dad wanted nothing more than to get off the farm and get his big city computer job but once he got older, all the kids moved out and he inherited some farmland he went right back to living that farm life.

oh, I will never in my entire life move back to MY farm. I will buy some other better non-shitty farm.

Just make lil SD his own lil field of dreams baseball field in the middle of some nub corn.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #4526 on: January 30, 2022, 01:15:36 AM »
I love farming.  farming ho’s from the club.  you feel me?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: January 30, 2022, 03:14:14 AM »

Sometimes it be like that.

Offline porky morgan

• Not the real Porky Morgan
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: January 30, 2022, 12:56:33 PM »
For Ben Ji

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4530 on: January 31, 2022, 10:43:18 PM »
For Ben Ji

Oh man, i want something the size of those dogs in the second video but half mini wiener dog and half bird dog.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: January 31, 2022, 10:45:09 PM »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: January 31, 2022, 10:47:40 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: February 01, 2022, 12:42:56 AM »
A small waving hand came out in the '80s, it was a plastic hand attached to a short spring and suction cup.  Back then ppl would stick them on the windshield or back window.  They were pretty corny, but other drivers with the same stuck on their window could always be counted on to wave back.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: February 01, 2022, 01:55:41 PM »
https://thehustle.co/would-you-take-free-land-in-rural-america/

No idea where to post. Enjoyable article about how people were brought to the plains with free farmland in the 19th century, followed by a declining population and how people are returning to Kansas again due to the cheap real estate.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: February 01, 2022, 02:46:02 PM »
Good read, thanks for sharing

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: February 01, 2022, 05:44:40 PM »

No idea where to post. Enjoyable article about how people were brought to the plains with free farmland in the 19th century, followed by a declining population and how people are returning to Kansas again due to the cheap real estate.

What's crazy to me is how they were still giving away crap ass western ks land for free into the 20th century. The cat ranch was homesteaded by my great great grandfather in 1898. I was looking at some old timey land maps I found online from the early 1900's and on the grid around the cat ranch over half the land was still unoccupied or owned by the railroad.

The article did make some good points about how life in a small ks town is not as different as it used to be since you can still get alot of the same amenities as a big city like wifi/netflix/amazon deliveries etc. 10 years ago all you could buy was whatever the local Walmart was selling but now you can get the same thing delivered to your door whether you are in podunk KS or NYC. 

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: February 03, 2022, 08:28:23 AM »
reminds me of this one time that small me was over at my uncle's place when the vet was preg-checking some heifers. I was sitting on a pile of rocks starting off into space when the vet pulled off his OB sleeve and lobbed it at me, looping it around my neck. It felt really warm and sticky but fortunately, he had turned it inside out before throwing it at me.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: February 03, 2022, 08:41:26 AM »
reminds me of this one time that small me was over at my uncle's place when the vet was preg-checking some heifers. I was sitting on a pile of rocks starting off into space when the vet pulled off his OB sleeve and lobbed it at me, looping it around my neck. It felt really warm and sticky but fortunately, he had turned it inside out before throwing it at me.

what on earth

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: February 03, 2022, 08:49:58 AM »
that's 100% oklahoma correct?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: February 03, 2022, 10:30:10 AM »

Man
I
Love
Farming (ho's from the clubs)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: February 03, 2022, 12:07:54 PM »

Oh my

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: February 03, 2022, 12:24:57 PM »

interesting stuff. I just talked to my dad and he mentioned a few folks paying cash for cheap houses in rural KS but he thought it was over. I think the brief WFH era is over for most and will really slow that down in the future.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: February 03, 2022, 03:37:32 PM »

interesting stuff. I just talked to my dad and he mentioned a few folks paying cash for cheap houses in rural KS but he thought it was over. I think the brief WFH era is over for most and will really slow that down in the future.
You could buy an abandoned atomic age high school building in rural KS and turn it into a hunting lodge or AirBNB. Seems like a lot of these things were up for sale 10 -15 years ago.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/33186546/photos

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: February 03, 2022, 03:46:29 PM »

:horrorsurprise: :facepalm:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4545 on: February 03, 2022, 05:17:28 PM »
I'm sure the city of Levant would give the old high school/nursing home away if someone would turn it into something useful.

Here is the Levant Nursing Home. My dad lived in Levant for a couple years as a kid.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: February 03, 2022, 05:55:00 PM »
Looks like some neat art-deco ish architectural features on that building.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: February 03, 2022, 06:36:28 PM »
zombie nighmare themed airbnb there would make bank

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: February 03, 2022, 08:51:11 PM »
I'm sure the city of Levant would give the old high school/nursing home away if someone would turn it into something useful.

Here is the Levant Nursing Home. My dad lived in Levant for a couple years as a kid.

That looks a lot like the school my grandparents went to in Carneiro, KS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: February 03, 2022, 09:12:12 PM »
This Meade, KS thing (this was at the very end of its run) was known as the Lakeway Hotel but had lots of shops and a pharmacy and restaurant and an actual honest to God elevator (metal cage old timey one) in it. It was on a massive lot at the cross of the two highways that go through town (and only stoplight) and honestly had a lot of history. Was sad when they smashed it down to make a Loves gas station (like within the last 10 years) but honestly it was a good move. Everyone kept buying and selling it and trying to make something of it but the bones were old as crap and there was just no way to make anything work.