Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 234012 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #2275 on: December 01, 2014, 02:31:41 PM »
A few questions:

Was the decision not to indict unjust?

Did the evidence warrant an indictment or possible conviction?

If the evidence was not corroborative to an indictment, then do we need to change the laws? Why?

These are important questions, because if their answers aren't basically yes, no, and if need be, yes, then anyone protesting or angered at the outcome of the Wilson grand jury is standing on loose footing.

There is not a question that something needs to be done about the adversarial relationship between law enforcement and urban citizens, but if the evidence and decision not to indict agree with the law, and the law is sound as is, then Michael Brown is a poor choice for a martyr, and any demonstrations or social unrest with him at the center is weak.

The grand jury process seems to have been a farce. I'm not really sure this case should have ever gotten that far, though. There was never more than a 0% chance of this guy getting convicted.

Was the actual jury in on the farse, or just hypnotized by the prosecutor?

The prosecutor appears to have been playing the role of defense attorney. Hard to get to a trial that way.

Hypnosis,  got it
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: December 01, 2014, 03:02:43 PM »
Well I've got news for people who think that way, cops have first amendment rights too, and we plan to exercise ours.

Here's to hoping that doesn't mean shooting more unarmed citizens.  :ohno:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: December 01, 2014, 08:22:07 PM »
Once again, official black leader Charles Barkley gets it exactly right on Ferguson. http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/12/01/Charles-Barkley-Ferguson-grand-jury-got-it-right-looters-scumbags
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: December 02, 2014, 12:54:53 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: December 03, 2014, 01:49:47 PM »
We only interact with the cops when something goes wrong/bad
  quote from Chuck. 

Chuck is trying to Bill Cosby this sitch and is wrong.  Ppl interact with cops all the time with out something going wrong.  I mean, it's like he doesn't have YouTube or something.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: December 03, 2014, 02:13:05 PM »

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: December 03, 2014, 02:24:46 PM »
Rodney King happened two months after my birth. It's hard to believe that we've gone so far backwards in my lifetime.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: December 03, 2014, 03:07:58 PM »
Was this posted here? probably..

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nypd-eric-garner-chokehold-death-not-indicted-article-1.2031841

That is just ridiculous.

This.

Thankfully the police were there to crack down on the heinous crime of selling cigarettes without a tax stamp.  The people of NYC were finally able to sleep at night when they took that monster off the streets.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: December 03, 2014, 03:12:14 PM »
so much for the serve and PROTECT...
Police are supposed to help those in distress correct?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: December 03, 2014, 03:13:18 PM »
I'll post the video here, too, because cops killed a guy:

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: December 03, 2014, 03:39:11 PM »
I'll post the video here, too, because cops killed a guy:

Good grief. It's time to leave the Wilson/ Brown incident alone. This video has it all. I don't know the whole backstory, but if this guy was resisting arrest, even at the beginning, he gave in pretty quickly. The dude with the 99 shirt with his knee on Garner's head was the epitome of excessive. Dude had given up as soon as choke-hold guy jumped on his back.

The conversation before was pretty indicative of what people are angry at as well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/04/nyregion/grand-jury-said-to-bring-no-charges-in-staten-island-chokehold-death-of-eric-garner.html

Lawyers: for the below, what is the purpose of the bold?

The case exposed apparent lapses in police tactics – chokeholds are banned by the Police Department’s own guidelines – and raised questions about the aggressive policing of minor offenses in a time of historically low crime. The officers involved, part of a plainclothes unit, suspected Mr. Garner of selling loose cigarettes on the street near the Staten Island Ferry Terminal, a complaint among local business owners.

The grand jury, impanelled by the Staten Island district attorney, Daniel M. Donovan Jr., in September, has weighed evidence, including a cellphone video recorded by bystanders of Mr. Garner’s violent arrest, and heard testimony from the officers involved.

Grand juries determine whether enough evidence exists for a case to go forward to a criminal trial, either before a jury or a judge. By law, they operate in secret and hear only evidence presented by prosecutors, who also instruct the grand jurors on the law. Defense lawyers are barred from speaking. For a decision, 12 jurors who have heard all the evidence must agree.

In a statement, Mr. Donovan said that he was constrained by law from discussing details of the case but that he had petitioned the court for “authorization to publicly release specific information in connection with this grand jury investigation.”

secrecy and a unanimous decision by 12 voters just to go to trial? man. Lawyers, what's the logic behind this?

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: December 03, 2014, 03:46:21 PM »
They're saying the grand jury didn't believe there was intent by the police officer.  But isn't manslaughter murder without intent and isn't it a crime?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: December 03, 2014, 04:15:56 PM »
Police had suspected Garner of selling cigarettes illegally.

The New York City Police Department prohibits chokeholds.

Garner raised both hands in the air and told the officers not to touch him

All per CNN

Seems like they should have drawn their weapons and handcuffed the man rather than using a prohibited type of force. 

Cops are so mumped.  This one is going to cost the tax payers a lot in a settlement.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: December 03, 2014, 04:19:48 PM »
was pretty neutral on the m. brown case but eff this. the police absolutely without a doubt took a life and there were a million ways the situation could have been handled differently. the man was lying there smothered and gasping "i can't breathe" god damnit.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: December 03, 2014, 04:49:20 PM »
Sounds like that kid in the Missouri boating accident couldn't breathe either. It's getting out of hand.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: December 03, 2014, 04:49:38 PM »
Any rasslin ref worth their salt will tell you that if you can talk, you can breathe

(happened to me in 8th grade   :frown:)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: December 03, 2014, 04:53:49 PM »
Any rasslin ref worth their salt will tell you that if you can talk, you can breathe

(happened to me in 8th grade   :frown:)

That's pretty good.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: December 03, 2014, 04:57:31 PM »
KSU based tweets right now are pretty horrific.  :sdeek:
Re: Garner verdict.  Our student body is  :frown:
not a lot of #family feelings right now

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: December 03, 2014, 08:14:56 PM »
Video is pretty bad. Surprised no indictment. About the only thing I can say in cops defense is that dude was a friggin tank.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: December 03, 2014, 08:17:13 PM »
Video is pretty bad. Surprised no indictment. About the only thing I can say in cops defense is that dude was a friggin tank.
A fat tank. Like an above ground storage tank. Not a battle tank.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: December 03, 2014, 08:21:47 PM »
The only thing I can say in that cop's defense is that not only is he above the law, but above explicitly written department policies so why not hurt anyone he likes without consequences.