Author Topic: You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.  (Read 116952 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.
« Reply #875 on: March 20, 2012, 01:16:49 PM »
Also, Frank instructed everyone to direct questions at JC, but at this point JC hasn't answered any of those questions.

Frank did a nice job throwing his boss under the buss here. (I love that phrase!)

Way to be a man, Frank!

:dubious:

Hey, he could have been a man and say, "I don't agree with the NCAA's interpretation of the rule, but agree that we had to report it. I'm absolutely sick for Jamar and feel he did nothing wrong." But no, he pussed out and just blamed his boss. What a hypocrite.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 20, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »
Also, Frank instructed everyone to direct questions at JC, but at this point JC hasn't answered any of those questions.

Frank did a nice job throwing his boss under the buss here. (I love that phrase!)

Way to be a man, Frank!

Hey, he could have been a man and say, "I don't agree with the NCAA's interpretation of the rule, but agree that we had to report it. I'm absolutely sick for Jamar and feel he did nothing wrong." But no, he pussed out and just blamed his boss. What a hypocrite.

when did he blame his boss?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 20, 2012, 01:36:30 PM »

Way to be a man, Frank!

He's mad he has to put up with a goodie two shoes AD and Compliance.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 20, 2012, 01:41:20 PM »
Someone needs to find the snitch so we can excommunicate them from emaw like Krause and Wefald.
I don't know. Pretty sure it would get really ugly when myself and a drunk Wichita Pak'r contingent ran into him/her at Intrust Bank Arena. I mean Bob got off lucky. All we did to him was heckeling him that we had better seats. I see this eff and I will want blood.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 20, 2012, 01:41:29 PM »

Quote from:  Frank
He's, in my opinion, done nothing wrong. Please don't ask me any questions on it 'cause I had nothing to do with the decision.  Any questions pertaining to this matter, please direct to John Currie, my boss.

Ownership! Being a man!  :ksu:

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 20, 2012, 01:54:36 PM »

He's, in my opinion, done nothing wrong. Please don't ask me any questions on it 'cause I had nothing to do with the decision.  Any questions pertaining to this matter, please direct to John Currie, my boss.

Are you advocating that he lie?  Unless something changed like last week, compliance and the NCAA don't consult coaches for help when they assess punishment.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 20, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »

Are you advocating that he lie?  Unless something changed like last week, compliance and the NCAA don't consult coaches for help when they assess punishment.

So why send all questions to Currie?* Currie had as much to do with the decision as Frank.

*It's because Frank does not want to take any ownership.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 20, 2012, 02:01:42 PM »
frank doesn't need to take ownership IMO, but he shouldn't act like this was Currie's fault either.  grow the eff up and see the big picture.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 20, 2012, 02:03:12 PM »
frank doesn't need to take ownership IMO, but he shouldn't act like this was Currie's fault either.  grow the eff up and see the big picture.

Yeah, he really should have said it's an NCAA decision and to direct questions to them rather than Currie. Either way, he pussed out.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 20, 2012, 02:05:27 PM »
yes def pussed out.  he's very emo and many of us would react the same way.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: March 20, 2012, 02:07:29 PM »

The big picture is Frank goes to a school where he is in charge and doesn't have to put up with this bullshit. Frank throwing Currie under the bus is just evidence that their relationship is torn and won't be repaired. In Currie vs Frank... Currie wins, sadly. Does Currie pull this crap with Synder??

Would like to see them in a fight to the death. Winner stays.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 20, 2012, 02:12:09 PM »
Someone needs to find the snitch so we can excommunicate them from emaw like Krause and Wefald.
I don't know. Pretty sure it would get really ugly when myself and a drunk Wichita Pak'r contingent ran into him/her at Intrust Bank Arena. I mean Bob got off lucky. All we did to him was heckeling him that we had better seats. I see this eff and I will want blood.

I don't think we heckled Krause. 

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 20, 2012, 02:12:37 PM »

Yeah, he really should have said it's an NCAA decision and to direct questions to them rather than Currie. Either way, he pussed out.

Or he could legitimately have odds with Currie over this :dunno:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 20, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »
Krause had the right idea in terms of how to do things (under the table, back room negotiations, etc.), it's just that the entity in which he decided to support in these dealings (Ron Prince) was incomprehensibly stupid.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 20, 2012, 02:16:16 PM »

Then either:

A) Be a man and come out and say it.
B) Be a man and handle your personal beef internally.

He chose the pussified middle ground instead.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 20, 2012, 02:20:54 PM »

Then either:

A) Be a man and come out and say it.
B) Be a man and handle your personal beef internally.

He chose the pussified middle ground instead.

There's nothing manly about A, unless you equate manliness with stupidity. 

You have a problem on how Frank, in the heat of the moment, emotionally chose to say no no comment.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 20, 2012, 02:26:01 PM »

Yes this was enjoyed very much by Jmart. Don't you remember that glorious leather jacket he had. :love:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 20, 2012, 02:32:43 PM »

You have a problem on how Frank, in the heat of the moment, emotionally chose to say no no comment.

Well we have a 36 goddam page thread bitching about how Currie chose to say no comment so I don't have a problem calling out the face of the Men's Basketball program for the same thing.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 20, 2012, 02:35:55 PM »

Well we have a 36 goddam page thread bitching about how Currie chose to say no comment so I don't have a problem calling out the face of the Men's Basketball program for the same thing.

To be fair, the long thread is probably because we're not ready to start Combo Fanning yet...
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 20, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
will someone pm me if currie ever has some rough ridin' answers?  this thread is incredibly lame.  thanks

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 20, 2012, 02:49:07 PM »

Yes this was enjoyed very much by Jmart. Don't you remember that glorious leather jacket he had. :love:

No, I mean I thought I was pretty nice to BK.  I don't recall heckling him or mocking his jacket or anything.

I mean, I guess kind of heckling him by sarcastically shouting to him that it should be him out there instead of Currie and to not be disrespected  by Currie, but from BK's perspective that should've come off good, right?  So that's not heckling.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 20, 2012, 03:36:25 PM »

The big picture is Frank goes to a school where he is in charge and doesn't have to put up with this bullshit. Frank throwing Currie under the bus is just evidence that their relationship is torn and won't be repaired. In Currie vs Frank... Currie wins, sadly. Does Currie pull this crap with Synder??

The Athletic Department is the institution in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Currie is the nurse. Frank is McMurphy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 20, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »
People, people, people . . . take a step back and think about a world, a world where K-State doesn't say a damn thing.

Does this thread exist?  No

Are we fighting amongst ourselves?  No

Are we feeling bad for Jamar and Frank because of this situation?  No

That's 3 solid No's  . . . you just can't argue with that, don't even try.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.
« Reply #898 on: March 20, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »

The Athletic Department is the institution in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Currie is the nurse. Frank is McMurphy.

This is Annie and Currie is Carol Burnett and Frank is little orphan Annie.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 20, 2012, 03:48:53 PM »
I'm sick of these analogies with no photo-shop involved