Author Topic: Another One For Our Guy Daniel  (Read 163171 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Another One For Our Guy Daniel
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2013, 10:29:45 PM »
Don't live your life (or coach your football team) based on adages. (I would prefer Daniel receive every snap, but that is simply because he's better).

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2013, 11:08:19 PM »
I didn't mind waters as a change of pace guy. The reason his drives stalled out against Baylor was because of dropped passes. Passed that wouldn't have been dropped with TLBL and TTT on the field.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2013, 11:13:15 PM »
We're 2-4 so why would we stop playing 2 Qbs?  If it ain't broke, dont fix it

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2013, 11:16:29 PM »

Sams should clearly be the guy, but there are definitely situations that we need waters for.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2013, 12:05:46 AM »

Sams should clearly be the guy, but there are definitely situations that we need waters for.
Mop-up time. Sams injured time, extra point holding time, etc.
:adios:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2013, 12:31:35 AM »
"Garbage" time

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2013, 03:26:42 AM »
If Sams is going to continue to run the ball 30 times a game, then Waters is going to get playing time. Either because Daniel is going to be winded, or because he's going to be sketti brained. I want Sams to get 100% of the snaps, but to do that he has to run the ball 15-20 times, with the rest of those carries going to Hubert/and hopefully some passing plays. If the staff continues to run Daniel this much, I'm fine with Jake coming in and at least saving our guy from a few more hits.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2013, 09:07:06 AM »
I didn't mind waters as a change of pace guy. The reason his drives stalled out against Baylor was because of dropped passes. Passed that wouldn't have been dropped with TLBL and TTT on the field.

Waters' accuracy has been atrocious against OSU and Baylor. Sams has been much better passing the ball than Waters the last 2 games. Waters was good in the opening drive against Baylor. He was just awful coming off the bench, though. On third and short or medium, I expect a new set of downs with Sams at QB. I expect to punt or turn the ball over with Waters.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2013, 09:24:06 AM »

Waters' accuracy has been atrocious against OSU and Baylor. Sams has been much better passing the ball than Waters the last 2 games. Waters was good in the opening drive against Baylor. He was just awful coming off the bench, though. On third and short or medium, I expect a new set of downs with Sams at QB. I expect to punt or turn the ball over with Waters.

Waters needs Lockett. But so does #ourguy.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2013, 09:32:07 AM »

At least our guy has generally been throwing balls into the chest area so our receivers that aren't all conference can still make a catch.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2013, 09:36:22 AM »
Has anyone noticed that Terrell catches Daniel Sams passes but not Jake Waters passes? What's going on there?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2013, 09:58:52 AM »
Has anyone noticed Torell looks like a 35 year old male?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2013, 10:16:19 AM »
Has anyone noticed that Terrell catches Daniel Sams passes but not Jake Waters passes? What's going on there?

I think gE is directly responsible for Torell stepping up his game. 
@mikec2w

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2013, 02:37:47 PM »

I think gE is directly responsible for Torell stepping up his game.
#ThanksTorell

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »

Yes. It annoys me how people like BITB are giving Waters' shitty outings a pass (no pun intended) because of the WR injuries, yet they act like those injuries have had no bearing whatsoever on #LIFE's performances. Stupid.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2013, 05:29:12 PM »

Trim pointed this out last week, and in _Fan's post-OSU analysis thread I noted that liking the human being who throws you the ball could have some bearing on your ability/desire to catch it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2013, 07:27:08 AM »
now up to #6 in the nation

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

:Wha:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2013, 07:43:42 AM »
Would you look at that.   :love:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2013, 07:53:57 AM »

Yes. It annoys me how people like BITB are giving Waters' shitty outings a pass (no pun intended) because of the WR injuries, yet they act like those injuries have had no bearing whatsoever on #LIFE's performances. Stupid.

Waters is a passing QB. It takes 2 people to complete a pass. A QB like Sams or Klein who runs it 30 snaps a game obviously doesn't rely on them as much. I figured that would be painfully obvious but apparently not.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2013, 07:59:14 AM »
if there's one guy in the world who'll ignore a meaningless stat such as qbr, it's our head coach

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2013, 08:45:42 AM »

Waters is a passing QB. It takes 2 people to complete a pass. A QB like Sams or Klein who runs it 30 snaps a game obviously doesn't rely on them as much. I figured that would be painfully obvious but apparently not.

I would think that our dumbass fans would not harp on things like passing ability when the QB only throws about 10 passes per game and completes about 70% of them while running for more than 8 yards per carry, but I get surprised every time I visit K-State message boards.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2013, 08:50:03 AM »
I agree.  The only reason Waters shouldn't be starting and playing the full game is because Lockett is hurt. 

It takes two to be a one dimensional offense.

:dubious:

Offline Michiganisstillgood

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2013, 08:59:08 AM »
You would have won the NDSU and Texas games had you not played the white QB.

This Sams guy is a stud.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2013, 09:52:08 AM »
You would have won the NDSU and Texas games had you not played the white QB.

This Sams guy is a stud.

thanks non-biased stud Big 10 guy

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2013, 10:08:04 AM »
now up to #6 in the nation

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

:Wha:

6   Daniel Sams, KSU   1.3   14.2   -1.0   0.5   15.1   126   70.2   87.7
101   Jake Waters, KSU   14.4   -4.6   -5.9   -0.5   3.4   189   43.2   38.1

:lol:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."