Author Topic: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows  (Read 171345 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows
« Reply #1150 on: August 06, 2013, 03:11:07 PM »
Zenger with another Zinger! :lol:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 06, 2013, 03:11:22 PM »
Maybe true stadium code for dumpy and outdated?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 06, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »
Aside from the North endzone, Memorial Stadium's seats are just as close to the field as K-State's:

And yes, to the objective eye, Memorial Stadium's setting and location are way, way better. 

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 06, 2013, 03:23:52 PM »
Aside from the North endzone, Memorial Stadium's seats are just as close to the field as K-State's:

And yes, to the objective eye, Memorial Stadium's setting and location are way, way better.

Nice picture of a full Memorial Stadium.  Must have been from that one good year they had when they were self proclaimed Big 12 north champs. T-shirt fans were out in full effect. 
@lopakman

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 06, 2013, 03:25:42 PM »
It is a great setting. One of the last true stadiums in the midwest.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: August 06, 2013, 03:27:32 PM »

4 rows up on the south side. i'd say its quite a bit different

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 06, 2013, 03:28:08 PM »
Aside from the North endzone 40% of the stadium, Memorial Stadium's seats are just as close to the field as K-State's:

fyp

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 06, 2013, 03:33:18 PM »

Nice picture of a full Memorial Stadium.  Must have been from that one good year they had when they were self proclaimed Big 12 north champs. T-shirt fans were out in full effect.

Butthurt is as butthurt does.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 06, 2013, 03:36:44 PM »
Aside from football (which is going to be improved next year as well), KU athletics has really been having quite a bit of success. 

It's difficult not to improve on not winning one conference game a year, but that's been quite a struggle.   :lol:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 06, 2013, 03:41:50 PM »
KU has hired HNTB for its master plan, not the stadium renovation.  2 separate things.  I'll pm you next year when/if they begin the selection process for an architect for the reno. 

whoa whoa whoa, Belvis Noland.  if what you're saying is true, that means phog dot net doesn't know what it's talking about!   :runaway:
emaw

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 06, 2013, 03:45:19 PM »
I love how this thread takes another lap every week and it always ends with a bunch of pics from beems in his heyday as a blueberry.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 06, 2013, 03:46:33 PM »
It's a constant battle for lil bro to keep up with big bro.  When you don't have the goods, you talk a lot about all the stuff  you're going to do when you grow up. 

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 06, 2013, 03:55:33 PM »
to the objective eye, Memorial Stadium's setting and location are way, way better.

:lol: @ the idea of objectivity in sports or college campus talk.

:lol: @ the idea that a superior graduation setting means crap on a fall saturday.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 06, 2013, 03:55:48 PM »
I love how this thread takes another lap every week and it always ends with a bunch of pics from beems in his heyday as a blueberry.

enjoyed this.  great spelling too!
emaw

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 06, 2013, 03:56:14 PM »
posting again because ultimately this is what will happen. still seems incredibly small timey

I'm almost 100% sure that KU will add an additional set of suites to the East side of the stadium and spruce up the facade a little bit.  Zenger and BGL have done an amazing job with everything they've touched so far.  I couldn't be happier with the direction they're taking KU.

which direction is that? only thing i know that has happened so far is a crap ton of shredded paper
football (which is going to be improved next year as well), KU athletics has really been having quite a bit of success.  Once Weis gets his recruits, and the football stadium is finally renovated, KU is going to really have quite the setup. 
Do you see why we take opinions from ku fans on most matters with laughter and knee slapping? You completely dodged my question with some drawings and talk of women's track. Football is the only part we care about beems, the rest of that post is fodder and bullshit and we have seperate boards for that.

I care about football too, and every indication is that KU will have an improved football team next year.  There's no sense in worrying about last year's pile of crap when we're about a month away from the upcoming season.  Anyone throwing the towel in on Weis after one year is an idiot.  Snyder went 1-10 in his first year at K-State.

:dunno:

i dont care about last year either ben, you keep saying things are on the up and up. all im saying is prove it. tell me something, anything relevant to memorial stadium and renovations. at this point just let it die like the gridiron club or produce something other than pictures of ku's new track and field complex (which we couldnt give two fucks about) about 20k+ of us will be there again this year and i would like to tell my kids "dont worry next time we come back it will be a decent place for a game"

If I don't know you, or you're too much of a pussy to disclose your name to me personally, then you don't get to address me by my real name.  As for Memorial Stadium, if you can't enjoy a football game there, you're a total dork.  I've had multiple friends from K-State and other schools visit for a football game at KU, and everyone always has a great time (win or lose).

The reason I address the track complex is because it ties directly into the plans for the football stadium.  KU has a nationally ranked and relevant track program (unlike K-State), and we host the Kansas Relays at Memorial Stadium, so until the new complex is finished, that's just the way it works.  Kinda like how K-State hosts Harley Day at BSFS, so you guys have a black Harley track that supports the Harley riders. 

Love it when Beems uses this talking about.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 06, 2013, 03:57:45 PM »
it's funny, because I have friends from KU that say that the stadium and team just suck and aren't worth caring about.  these people are also all huge chiefs fans.
emaw

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 06, 2013, 03:59:24 PM »
I think KU would have a better football program if the Chiefs would just go away. The region just can't support 2 football teams.

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 06, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »
Setting and location are the stupidest KU talking point regarding stadium.

Location for KSU is as easy to get to as KU's.

You're at the stadium to watch the game, not the campus.

Besides, in bigtime stadiums, you can't see out unless on the upper deck (and you won't at BSFS when Vanier V2.0 is built. Yay!
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 06, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »
To the objective eye, BSFS is at least 90 times better than memorial.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 06, 2013, 04:28:55 PM »

You have friends that have always had a good time there?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: August 06, 2013, 04:33:27 PM »

You have friends that have always had a good time there?

To a person, they always have a really enjoyable time. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 06, 2013, 06:01:21 PM »
i was looking at the coliseum where USC plays.  USC had to pull out the track that was left from the olympics and it essentially added only 8,000 seats so it can be done without a huge renovation.  one issue though is that those endzone seats are still limited in distance to the field because the extension of the sideline seats prevents them from getting much closer.  it cost southern cal $15m to fix their track issue but that was like 20 yrs ago.

the east side is like the hill side on memorial, nothing can save that mess.

i've been to games there and sat in the west endzone and the distance was noticeable.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 06, 2013, 06:09:54 PM »
i was looking at the coliseum where USC plays.  USC had to pull out the track that was left from the olympics and it essentially added only 8,000 seats so it can be done without a huge renovation.  one issue though is that those endzone seats are still limited in distance to the field because the extension of the sideline seats prevents them from getting much closer.  it cost southern cal $15m to fix their track issue but that was like 20 yrs ago.

i've been to games there and sat in the west endzone and the distance was noticeable.

Link to Washington's recent stadium renovation:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2485&t=11733813&p=14

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows
« Reply #1173 on: August 06, 2013, 06:21:35 PM »

Link to Washington's recent stadium renovation:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2485&t=11733813&p=14
good grief BMW- lets quit playing HeeHaw with the eff around gang

Washington is essentially rebuilding their entire stadium, KU AD is retrofitting yours

UW's cost for the project you linked will end up being in the neighborhood of $275m

KU won't come close to doing anything that complex

both sides need to quit the contest of delusionality for fucks sake

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 07, 2013, 08:46:43 AM »

Butthurt is as butthurt does.

That doesn't even make sense in the context of this thread.  Our stadium is awesome, yours sucks.
@lopakman