Author Topic: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows  (Read 171388 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows
« Reply #775 on: June 24, 2013, 02:01:18 PM »

“I believe Lawrence could be really huge with track and field,” Redwine said. “There already is an interest here, and now we’ll have the facilities.”

Man im not trying to get into anything with you here ben but if i was a ku fan i would be pissed about the athletic department at my school's priorities. An open letter telling them to stop worrying about hobby sports and start worrying about the only sport that can get you guys back in the black would be my starting point

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 24, 2013, 02:10:39 PM »
Wait, so KU commissioned a masterplan for the track facility.  Yet, they don't have a masterplan for Memorial?   :facepalm:

Where did you get the idea that KU doesn't have a masterplan for Memorial?

Because they just selected an architecture firm to create the masterplan.  like, last week. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 24, 2013, 02:11:50 PM »

“I believe Lawrence could be really huge with track and field,” Redwine said. “There already is an interest here, and now we’ll have the facilities.”

Man im not trying to get into anything with you here ben but if i was a ku fan i would be pissed about the athletic department at my school's priorities. An open letter telling them to stop worrying about hobby sports and start worrying about the only sport that can get you guys back in the black would be my starting point

In order for KU to upgrade Memorial, they have to remove the track.  What don't you understand about that? 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 24, 2013, 02:23:10 PM »

In order for KU to upgrade Memorial, they have to remove the track.  What don't you understand about that?

Go ahead and do it and quit talking about it sheesh.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 24, 2013, 02:23:40 PM »

The fact that there is no master plan on what to do after the track is removed is what is sad/hilarious.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: June 24, 2013, 02:26:33 PM »

The fact that there is no master plan on what to do after the track is removed is what is sad/hilarious.

There's a master plan in the works right now. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 24, 2013, 02:28:14 PM »

Yep.  Been in the works for about a week.  And when it's done, you guys can start raising some money! 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 24, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »

They track has to be removed in order for you to upgrade the skeleton? What about the bathrooms? That was my point

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 24, 2013, 02:30:53 PM »

Good lord, you guys are terrible at scheming. No wonders your university cannot find a coach worth anything.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 24, 2013, 02:36:01 PM »

Good lord, you guys are terrible at scheming. No wonders your university cannot find a coach worth anything.

honest question here, who does the Kstate faithful think will replace Snyder? is there someone on the staff now or do you think they will look outside of the team?
everyone is jealous

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 24, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »
K-State has had one good coach in the entire history of its football program.  Boy, you guys really got us there.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 24, 2013, 02:42:39 PM »
K-State has had one good coach in the entire history of its football program.  Boy, you guys really got us there.

Meanwhile, KU just lights up the history books with their football coaching tree

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 24, 2013, 02:43:28 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 24, 2013, 02:45:28 PM »
"There's a master plan in the works right now" :love: :love: :love:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 24, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »

EMAW:  KU track has a MP before KU football?
EMAJ:  Where did you get the idea that KU doesn't have a masterplan for Memorial? 
EMAW:  They just selected an architect. 
EMAJ:  There's a master plan in the works right now. 
EMAW:  Oh.
EMAJ:  KSU has a really good coach, but he won't coach forever. 
EMAW:  Thanks?   

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 24, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »

honest question here, who does the Kstate faithful think will replace Snyder? is there someone on the staff now or do you think they will look outside of the team?

Already addressed, see avatar  :gocho:

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 24, 2013, 02:53:42 PM »

who is that? I'm guessing assistant coach or defense coach?
everyone is jealous

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 24, 2013, 03:03:16 PM »

:facepalm:

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 24, 2013, 03:09:17 PM »

why would I know who that was? I'm not a ksu fan
everyone is jealous

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 24, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »

WHO IS THAT?

:dubious:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: June 24, 2013, 03:35:50 PM »

why would I know who that was? I'm not a ksu fan

Good grief, tim. Go study up. He hasn't been associated with K-State football for about a decade and a half so you can't use that as an excuse.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 24, 2013, 03:57:05 PM »
The only part I didn't get right was borrowing from the ku foundation (I guess someone realized that would have likely been the largest loan ever given by an academic/research oriented university based foundation to an athletic department). 

Other than that, the original plan was for the "Rock Chalk Park" to be built next to AFH.   The plan has been on the table for years, the lease is for 50 years (30 years @ $1.3 million, then 20 years at FMV).

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 25, 2013, 01:02:40 PM »
Has K-State ever been compelled to let a private entity control an athletic facility in order to obtain said facility?  Smells desperate.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 25, 2013, 01:24:02 PM »
alright, who is timhawk?  it's clams isn't it
emaw

Offline lakesbison

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • BisoNation
« Reply #799 on: June 25, 2013, 01:31:58 PM »
dudes,  I took a DUMP outside the toilet at KU memorial and no one even mentioned it or noticed it.

NDSU beat them with a team of freshman.
www.BisoNation.com   7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0  (cuz wyoming is 2.0)