Author Topic: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows  (Read 171367 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows
« Reply #350 on: April 18, 2013, 05:21:24 PM »
Ben has a point, the only ku football apparel I've even seen is orange bowl related.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2013, 09:52:09 PM »
KU "being in the top 10 was in Revenue" was an anomaly, ku FY 2008 to FY 2009 year over year gross and net revenue dropped significantly and that's with KU football still riding an Orange Bowl High with good ticket sales. 

Gross KU Football Revenue at Orange Bowl peak was almost exactly equal to K-State's Football Revenue with Ron Prince as coach. 

KU had 2 years with Mangino and another Final Four post 2008 and never even sniffed FY 2008 Gross Revenues.   

A BCS Bowl alone probably adds about $5-10 million in gross revenue.  Then you factor in a national title in hoops, and yeah, '07-08 was a good year to be a Jayhawk.  If and when KU gets it going again in football, the total revenue numbers will be back to the $85-90 million range.

You don't really understand how the Conference splits bowl revenue.  Sadly, a BCS Bowl for a Big 12 team is worth no where near $5 to $10 million for the participating Big 12 team, particularly after expenses.   A trip to the Final Four only increases a schools take in the NCAA formula which in the case of the Big 12, flows through the conference office first. 

I fully understand how the BCS payout system works.  KU made at least $5 million in merchandise sales and BCS payouts from that '08 Orange Bowl.  Our total athletic revenue that year was around $85 million, which is about $15 million more than the average.

Um, based on the % school's get on the wholesale price of licensed items, the merchandise sales would have to unprecedented.

You need to read the 990's etc. etc. 

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 18, 2013, 10:43:47 PM »
Every time i read any a post that contains a number of Beems posts in rapid succession, i always wonder to myself.  Is Beems trolling GE? is GE trolling Beems?  Or is this some sort of trolling symbiosis, complete with stats and numbers and talking point?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 18, 2013, 10:54:38 PM »
Every time i read any a post that contains a number of Beems posts in rapid succession, i always wonder to myself.  Is Beems trolling GE? is GE trolling Beems?  Or is this some sort of trolling symbiosis, complete with stats and numbers and talking point?
It's always both, until he goes Charlie Sheen on everyone. Other then that, it's a partnership.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows
« Reply #354 on: April 19, 2013, 05:59:23 AM »
it's a beautiful dance until one of the partners pukes on the other's shoes

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 19, 2013, 07:51:36 AM »
If Sims can get clean and stay out of jail...big if.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 19, 2013, 04:03:15 PM »
Weis isn't a complete dumpster fire of a coach. I can see him having 7-8 wins kind of success on a more or less regular basis, with a few ups and downs thrown in. And KU did recruit good. And there's no reason that Heaps can't be an Arthur Brown type instead of a Dayne Crist type. Also, he has an actual good receiver this year. And those are srsly legit RBs.

Thanks, felix (and other TSC brothers).  The one thing I will say is that KU's improvement is relative to the rest of the Big 12.  KU could improve next year and still end up going 2-10/3-9 because the rest of the Big 12 is just that much better to begin with.  It's a tough time to be in rebuilding mode if you're a team in this conference.

Beems is right for once.  This is a "football only" conference.

bears are fast...

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 19, 2013, 04:23:11 PM »
To say winning in sports is cyclical is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Especially from a KU fan.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 19, 2013, 06:29:30 PM »
To say winning in sports is cyclical is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Especially from a KU fan.

Name one program in sports that has never had a down year. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #359 on: April 19, 2013, 07:24:30 PM »

KSU Football

undefeated champs since 1896.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows
« Reply #360 on: April 19, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »
Langston Hughes was a boss.

so Beems was right about that

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 19, 2013, 07:58:26 PM »
[quo

So you think a down year = a cycle.  Glad we cleared up the idiocy.  You act like KU is going to get better in football because they're "due." 

In 20 years, KU football has had 2 good seasons (10+ wins) and 2 other seasons with an above .500 record.  Just because a good season happened doesn't mean "its a cycle."  A cycle involves regularity not just "they are bound to win eventually" or "they are bound to lose eventually."  You would think KU Football and KU Basketball would be fairly obvious examples of consistency

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 19, 2013, 09:25:23 PM »
I think KU is going to get better in football because they can't get worse.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 19, 2013, 09:59:56 PM »

Tide under Saban.  He is that program.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 20, 2013, 11:36:29 AM »

You just helped make my point.  Before Saban, Alabama wasn't nearly as good as they are now.  You have to be a serious hater/Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to think that sports aren't cyclical, especially college football.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 20, 2013, 11:38:51 AM »
[quo

So you think a down year = a cycle.  Glad we cleared up the idiocy.  You act like KU is going to get better in football because they're "due." 

In 20 years, KU football has had 2 good seasons (10+ wins) and 2 other seasons with an above .500 record.  Just because a good season happened doesn't mean "its a cycle."  A cycle involves regularity not just "they are bound to win eventually" or "they are bound to lose eventually."  You would think KU Football and KU Basketball would be fairly obvious examples of consistency

KU basketball had a down period back when Ted Owens was fired.  KU football has had 4-5 years of solid football mixed with horrible football.  Like I said, cyclical.  Quit being a hater.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 20, 2013, 11:59:40 AM »

You just helped make my point.  Before Saban, Alabama wasn't nearly as good as they are now.  You have to be a serious hater/Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to think that sports aren't cyclical, especially college football.
It seems you missed my definition of program.
But you are mostly right.  Also what one program considers a down year could be a fantastic year for another program, so its all relative.  I mean ND experienced a down 20 years from their view, just waiting for the right player with a made up girl and coach who kills student workers to break the trend. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 20, 2013, 12:01:36 PM »
[quo

KU basketball had a down period back when Ted Owens was fired.  KU football has had 4-5 years of solid football mixed with horrible football.  Like I said, cyclical.  Quit being a hater.

Quit misusing cyclical

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 20, 2013, 01:30:10 PM »

Team USA track and field

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 20, 2013, 01:38:03 PM »

Team USA track and field

Floyd Mayweather

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 20, 2013, 01:54:54 PM »

Team USA track and field

Floyd Mayweather

Sidewinder Dojo
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 20, 2013, 07:32:15 PM »
Andrea the Giant
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 20, 2013, 07:37:18 PM »
The mighty ducks

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 20, 2013, 08:09:56 PM »
Kansas State
emaw

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 20, 2013, 08:20:11 PM »
When's the last time the Harlem Globetrotters had a down year?